Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think the more likely alternate timeline for teddy was he gets drafted by Cleveland instead of Minnesota and doesn’t have the advantage of playing inside a dome and his weak arm is exposed immediately by the wind. 

Bridgewater didnt have the advantage of playing in a dome. The Vikings stadium was destroyed by the weather in 2013 before he was in the league, and they played outdoor his first two seasons where he won ROY, went 17-11 as a starter, made a probowl, and should have won a playoff game but his kicker missed a chip shot. 

After that was the near career ending injury and hes bounced around.

• Like 1

All there is to say about Johnny Manziel is that hes the only NFL QB I've ever seen that sucked at handing it off. He didnt know the playbook and turned the wrong was 3 or 4 times in his first  two starts. 

I dont think he was any better in week 16 than he was before training camp. 

• Like 2

I never thought JFF was as immature as some seemed to think/repot.  In my head there’s no way an nfl team would have taken such an incredible buffoon in R1.  Must just be a guy who likes to drink a few beers, have some fun, etc.

How a team can make an error like that with the whole process they have in place is almost inconceivable.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I never thought JFF was as immature as some seemed to think/repot.  In my head there’s no way an nfl team would have taken such an incredible buffoon in R1.  Must just be a guy who likes to drink a few beers, have some fun, etc.

How a team can make an error like that with the whole process they have in place is almost inconceivable.

I remember when those pictures of him rolling hundreds to snort coke with got leaked and people on here tried to tell me it was just a joke and that he only drinks. Good times. 

crazy thing is I still think if he had his head on straight he would have been a good qb. He seemed to have all the right tools. Despite his size. His arm seemed pretty good. Really good zip. Good on the run accuracy. But I guess none of that matters if you don’t study. 

58 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Watched the Johnny Manziel documentary. While part of me feels bad for him, part of me says **** him. I still think he had the talent to at least be a decent starter if he actually gave a ****.

if he was 6’-5” and was faster and had a better arm he would be good. I mean if we are rewriting him into something he isn’t. Why not go for the moon

1 hour ago, JDD said:

if he was 6’-5” and was faster and had a better arm he would be good. I mean if we are rewriting him into something he isn’t. Why not go for the moon

Dude had talent, IMO. He was just very immature.

• Like 1

The discourse around Johnny Manziel on this board was so toxic. 

The non-believers would talk about his complete lack of pocket presence, his unwillingness to  execute scripted plays, the way everything was backyard football. The way his arm was mediocre for NFL standards and how he wasn't fast enough to get away with BS against NFL athletes. He showed zero actually NFL QB instincts.

The believers would reference 'the IT factor', 'moxie', and 'hes electric'. He was romanticized. So it was very combative. Half the fans were living in a different reality than the other half. You couldn't talk analytically about him because the people who hated him viewed  him through an analytical lens, and the people who loved him viewed him through something else. 

Some fans saw Johnny Manziel turn his back to the line of scrimmage, almost run into a defensive linemen, then run 35 yards backwards and throw up a prayer to Mike Evans for a 13 yard gain that could have easily been a 30 yard sack or an interception. Some fans saw Johnny make an electric play against the #1 defense on Saturday night. 

God help you if you mentioned he was unprofessional and didn't give a ****. Then you were a hater and didnt want the  Browns to succeed. 

I'm proud to hate Johnny Manziel. 

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The more I read about Manziel, the more I regret comparing Baker to him.

I was right about Baker being a bust, but 100% wrong on that comparison. 

Baker does actually care.

Baker is just Johnny without drug issues and a work ethic. They’re still very similar talents. 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The amount he’s shorting is what has me on high alert. You don’t just risk 1.6 billion unless there’s some serious red flags you’ve noticed.

He’s almost a broken record at this point tbh. 

Im not saying he’s right or wrong, just that he’s been beating a similar drum for years now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Baker is just Johnny without drug issues and a work ethic. They’re still very similar talents. 

I will argue until the end of time that Browns fans defended and wanted Baker purely because of emotion. Fans liked how Baker made them “feel” and completely ignored his problems.

Emotion is why they wanted Manziel and emotion is why they defended Baker.