Who should be shipped out next?

Humble_Beast

16 hours ago, Chali21 said:

So now what happens to Miller, whose game looks like it fits more with ZBS as he lacks the strength to play PBS. Do we hope he doesn't regress? How will that effect Carr? I know many here are on the get rid of Cable camp however we took some high draft picks  a few months ago. I'm sure the thought was that they'd fit the ZBS scheme that cable runs. Switching schemes isn't very easy and the people you have might not translate. I'm okay with ditching cable but a big reason the Raiders suck is they don't have players that currently fit their schemes. Thats been the story of this team for the last few years because of coaching changes and scheme changes. This is a Frankenstine's Monster of a team.

You do realize the Raiders run both power and zone blocking and with Lynch hurt they will run more power.

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

If Justin Herbert stays in college and we trade Carr are only options for QB in 2019 are Teddy Bridgewater if Saints don't resign him or Ryan Fitzpatrick. I can totally see Gruden wanting Fitzpatrick. There is no QB worth a 1st round pick in 2019. I could see Gruden wanting someone like Will Grier though maybe in the 2nd round. After dealing Carr, I think Gruden would feel obligated to draft a try to develop a QB even though its not worth it in 2019. But we just seen Gruden overdraft Kolton Miller because of need. So if Carr is traded, I'm banking on a Ryan Fitzpatrick/ Will Grier combo at QB in 2019... I'd rather just keep Carr.

Gruden like consistency at the QBB position. Wants a guy who takes care of the football, knows when to throw it away and when to push it down field. That doesn't describe either Fitz or Greir.

Teddy would be a good Gruden fit IMO, but the Saints didn't trade a 3 for him to let him walk in the offseason IMO. He's the cerebral type, ball protecting QB Gruden tends to favor though. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden like consistency at the QBB position. Wants a guy who takes care of the football, knows when to throw it away and when to push it down field. That doesn't describe either Fitz or Greir.

Teddy would be a good Gruden fit IMO, but the Saints didn't trade a 3 for him to let him walk in the offseason IMO. He's the cerebral type, ball protecting QB Gruden tends to favor though. 

The interesting stuff for me is that Carr was that ball protecting guy before Gruden arrived..

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

If we gave up on Carr for Teddy I'd stop watching tbh

Agree completely. Never a Teddy truther. I was only throwing option out that I could see Gruden being appealed by.

And to be honest, I'm pretty much done watching now.... this Gruden fiasco was so predictable and I don't think we're done seeing him run the team into the ground. He's awful, the team doesn't even fight for him 6 games into his comeback. 

That said, I am a glutton for punishment and love the draft. So the intrigue of it all those picks is interest, eventhough I fully expect Gruden and his people to complete screw it all up. Example, trading a pick for Bell or some other dumb move that's overvalued. 

I've not been this bearish on the Raiders since they drafted Russell. Just no optimism for them to get anything right.

3 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

If we gave up on Carr for Teddy I'd stop watching tbh

Teddy sucks.  He has never shown anything, even before he was injured. 

This thread is crazy to me though.  Some of you guys are actually wanting scrubs over Carr.  Guess this is what I should expect to see the rest of the year. 

IMO, you keep Carr.  Even if he isn't your QBoTF.  You build the team up around him and if he doesn't improve with those new players, you draft the next guy into a much better situation.  Goff, Wentz, even Mayfield to a certain extent are benefiting from having an improved team around them.  You throw a #1 pick QB onto a terrible team and 9 out of 10 times you're drafting another one in a few years.

Unless the next Andrew Luck is available in the draft, you keep Carr and build your team by BPA.

9 minutes ago, true2form said:

Teddy sucks.  He has never shown anything, even before he was injured. 

This thread is crazy to me though.  Some of you guys are actually wanting scrubs over Carr.  Guess this is what I should expect to see the rest of the year. 

IMO, you keep Carr.  Even if he isn't your QBoTF.  You build the team up around him and if he doesn't improve with those new players, you draft the next guy into a much better situation.  Goff, Wentz, even Mayfield to a certain extent are benefiting from having an improved team around them.  You throw a #1 pick QB onto a terrible team and 9 out of 10 times you're drafting another one in a few years.

Unless the next Andrew Luck is available in the draft, you keep Carr and build your team by BPA.

I agree with this. Carr is 27 years old, he has a lot of NFL life in him. The 2019 QB class is mediocre. With 3 first round picks, you can build better around him. Take a QBB day 2 or 3 if you want to develop one (Easton Stick is my preferred).

You have to ride with Carr until a better option presents itself. That said, Carr needs to start making strides. He's trending the wrong direction and his pocket presence is truly concerning at this point for me. He can't play scared or he's not long for the NFL. 

I'll pose the question however.... a team offers 2 first round picks for Carr, are you taking it? 

I am all over it for 2 first round picks. I don't think Carr is the franchise, Superbowl winning QB we thought he might be. He looks like an above average starter. Any QB who doesn't like pressure, won't take you far in the playoffs IMO.

44 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Not yes. But hell yes. Build the team first, then go get your QBofTF.

oof, I still want to believe in Carr, but at this point we need to fully commit to the rebuild.  I too would take the two firsts.  Honestly, if we were to have 7 first rounders in the next two years, I'd seriously consider the Jags/Ravens historic model.  

Use the high draft picks to stock and build an elite defense as this is by FAR the strength of this years draft.  Get a journeyman/rookie QB not named Gabbert, use FA money to build a balanced offense (without a 125+million QB), play ball control and win on the strength of the defense and run game.

Unfortunately, we have an offensive minded head coach and a garbage offensive line coach... So, I expect Gruden to do the exact opposite this year.  

11 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Nick Foles, Old Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning twice 

All average QBs who won the Super Bowl and Carr is better then all of them.

None of those guys lack poise in the pocket. And those guys have all proven better when pressured. So until Carr can prove that (and it's becoming doubtful he ever can) he won't be able to win in the playoffs when the bullets really start to fly.

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

None of those guys lack poise in the pocket. And those guys have all proven better when pressured. So until Carr can prove that (and it's becoming doubtful he ever can) he won't be able to win in the playoffs when the bullets really start to fly.

Agreed to disagree 

And Grudens next QB is probably named AJ McCarron. 

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Agreed to disagree 

And Grudens next QB is probably named AJ McCarron. 

At some point AJ is going to start. AJ is actually a decent fit in Gruden's offense. He's a game managing type QB who works off timing throws. Buffalo was a terrible scheme fit. 

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree completely. Never a Teddy truther. I was only throwing option out that I could see Gruden being appealed by.

And to be honest, I'm pretty much done watching now.... this Gruden fiasco was so predictable and I don't think we're done seeing him run the team into the ground. He's awful, the team doesn't even fight for him 6 games into his comeback. 

That said, I am a glutton for punishment and love the draft. So the intrigue of it all those picks is interest, eventhough I fully expect Gruden and his people to complete screw it all up. Example, trading a pick for Bell or some other dumb move that's overvalued. 

I've not been this bearish on the Raiders since they drafted Russell. Just no optimism for them to get anything right.

Yet For some reason Teddy B has soo many fans with dfs/fantasy analysts football twitter in general.

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'll pose the question however.... a team offers 2 first round picks for Carr, are you taking it? 

That's a tough one. I wouldn't be looking for that trade, but if it fell in my lap I don't think I could pass it up.  It may very well come down to where those picks are though. Say it's the Giants for example.  If we get a top 5 pick in 2019 and a middle of the road pick in 2020 it's gotta be a yes.  If it's two 20+ picks in whatever years, I don't think you can do that. Remember, the Redskins gave up 3 first rounders for the potential of RG3. For an established QB with MVP potential, I'd expect more than what they gave up to be honest.

Archived