Will Mariota and Winston get extensions with their teams?

patriotsheatyan

6 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Wow. That is more than a seasons worth of clutch drops.

People wonder why most analytics people have Mariota at least rated as a top half of the league QB when the box score stats suggest otherwise, and that video is a good example of one of the biggest reasons why.

Mariota is a decent QB. I've said that since his rookie season, he's pretty much been the same player his entire career to this point. Isn't spectacular, isn't anywhere close to elite, but he's decent and good enough to win with. But box score scouts will try to argue otherwise.

The only real issue about whether or not Marcus will get extended long term is his health. If the guy can't stay healthy it doesn't matter if he's decent or not.

I was very wrong about Winston.  I thought he would be a really good QB, but he's terrible.  Maybe he could be a decent back-up or a starter for a really bad team like the Bills (I know the Bills have Allen, I was just using them as an example). 

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was very wrong about Winston.  I thought he would be a really good QB, but he's terrible.  Maybe he could be a decent back-up or a starter for a really bad team like the Bills (I know the Bills have Allen, I was just using them as an example). 

I remember in a thread about him, there were a couple non Bucs fans who were arguing that Winston was actually above average......Was that you? I genuinely don't remember.

But anyway, we all whiff on QBs all the time. By we all, I mean every one in the world of football lol.

With me.....For every Jameis Winston there is a (gulp) Blake Bortles or Geno Smith. 

Not two of my most proud moments, being all over those two pre draft.

Funny enough, I remember @jrry32 being on the Blake-train with me wayyyyy before pretty much anyone else was on. I'm talking like, his sophomore year of college. 

10 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Wow. That is more than a seasons worth of clutch drops.

I counted 6 that were "Yeah those absolutely should have been caught." This video shows 8 through like the first 7 games of the season.

There were a lot of replays of the same drop and a couple that were really tough or contested catches that aren't really on the WR.

If you like drop compilations, here's one from Wentz Rookie year from basically the same first halfish of the season.

This video shows 24 through the first 9 games.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

I counted 6 that were "Yeah those absolutely should have been caught." This video shows 8 through like the first 7 games of the season.

There were a lot of replays of the same drop and a couple that were really tough or contested catches that aren't really on the WR.

If you like drop compilations, here's one from Wentz Rookie year from basically the same first halfish of the season.

The video was just to show off the key drops/more of a humor-based approach to it. This was as of October 22nd(Titans haven't played a game since then so their drop rate is still the same, not sure about the other teams/where they might rank now though)

And then there's this statistic as well which doesn't help things:

7 hours ago, Danger said:

I wanted to forget about Matthews and Ags at the height of their reign. Ertz used to drop easy ones at times as well.  And we also had Ryan Matthews fumbling everywhere that year.

Archived