Will Mariota and Winston get extensions with their teams?

patriotsheatyan

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I know you're not being serious, but Josh McCown got 10M / 1.   The corpse of Sam Bradford got 20M/1.

I agree they can offer a discount, and see if he bites...but 20M a year (and more importantly 50-60M guaranteed) would be really low-ball.

Mariota isn't worth that much though.....

15 hours ago, dtait93 said:

For Mariota it all depends what he does next year. The best move imo is to see what he can do in the 2nd year of LaFleur’s offense, upgrade the interior o-line, and surround him with some actual weapons to see if he can truly be the guy. If not, then cut bait with him after the year and look elsewhere.

yeah, this question seems irrelevant this year. it's all gonna come down to whether he really looks like a franchise qb in 2019.

Mariota- NO.  He was one of the worst starting QBs last season, and doesn't look much better this year.  I don't know why they would even consider extending him..

Winston- Shouldn't, but probably will.  Overall, I think he's just good enough to keep around assuming you can get him on a team-friendly deal.  On the other hand he's a habitual foul up that has embarrassed himself and the team on numerous occasions on and off the field.

On 2018-10-24 at 2:10 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Fun fact. We've NEVER given a QB a second contract. EVER.

So if we pay Jameis, it'll be the first time we've ever done it. ?

People love to clown the Browns but low key your franchise has almost been has bad. Thank goodness for your SB ?

2 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

SB victory better than none so your franchise has been better than the Brkwnsy

I guess. A .387 win percentage all time isn't anything to brag about. It's dead last among all 32 teams. Even with as bad as Cleveland has been lately, they've got a .490 win percentage.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I guess. A .387 win percentage all time isn't anything to brag about. It's dead last among all 32 teams. Even with as bad as Cleveland has been lately, they've got a .490 win percentage.

I'd switch those winning records if we had that SB victory. Although I'd be too young to remember it and Browns have bright future so yeah you're probably right ?

14 hours ago, Activated10 said:

I thought that was Matt LeFluer offense 

Quite the opposite. Been a myriad of bunch formations and 2-3 TE sets.

We don’t have the personnel to run a spread offense, but at the same time it would also be nice to see a spread look sprinkled in there a little more than it is.

Archived