Will Mariota and Winston get extensions with their teams?

patriotsheatyan

For Mariota it all depends what he does next year. The best move imo is to see what he can do in the 2nd year of LaFleur’s offense, upgrade the interior o-line, and surround him with some actual weapons to see if he can truly be the guy. If not, then cut bait with him after the year and look elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, El ramster said:

If im TN im

buying low and offering him 35

mil for 7

years ala Madden. 

I know you're not being serious, but Josh McCown got 10M / 1.   The corpse of Sam Bradford got 20M/1.

I agree they can offer a discount, and see if he bites...but 20M a year (and more importantly 50-60M guaranteed) would be really low-ball.

Think Tennessee gives mariota a brotles type extension 3 yr can get out after 1 yr with min cap hit..

tampa may go the Andy dalton way... isn’t daltons contract basically a 1 yr deal with options? Cause that’s what I’d do with Winston, I’d do a “5yr extension” with a lot on language where if he messes up its voided and it’s basically a yr to yr contract..

11 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Both of those teams are in a situation like the Dolphins were with Ryan Tannehill... You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Kind of forced to do so, because you spent high draft picks on them.

Who? Don't see a Tannehill in the lineup for Thursday's game. Or the game before that. Or the game before that. 

Need better Return On Investment. 

Archived