2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

Just now, buno67 said:

every draft pick should just be BPA. Every draft pick might be a major depth pick too. No need to reach on anything!!!

I'm expecting defensively heavy, though I agree, BPA is the way to go.  If BPA means lots of D, that might be ideal.  We could use some youth on that side of the ball. 

1 minute ago, miserablesince96 said:

Schefty reports Perriman to Tampa sounds like mutual split between agent/player and Dorsey. He earned a chance to play after this season. Our top 4 WR are plenty enough going into the season.

Yeah, only a verbal agreement, he hadn’t signed anything 

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

OBJ skurred Perriman straight outta Cleveland. 

Some people just don't wanna win. 

He wants to get paid, he wasn't going to prove his worth as a 4th or 5th WR. Yeah, if it was all about winning he would still be here but he is 25 years old and hasn't had a big payday yet so I get it. He can come back in 5 years at league minimum after getting his payday and join us in a championship.

I'm hyperventilating ... and i'm light headed... to come home and hear about Beckham and now Earl Thomas possibly???

WTH...

all the blood has rushed down to the nether regions ... looks like i'm going to be calling a doctor in 4 hours...

Johh Dorsey of House Non-Wordsmithian... First of his name.. lord of the Sweatshirt... And the one and true King of the AFC North...

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I have 15 years of frustration from outside this friendly forums confines elsewhere on this sight. I’m going to be completely lacking any semblance of rational thought, legitimate facts, or intelligent conversation from this point forward.

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

LETS F-IN GOOOOOO!!!!

46 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He wants to get paid, he wasn't going to prove his worth as a 4th or 5th WR. Yeah, if it was all about winning he would still be here but he is 25 years old and hasn't had a big payday yet so I get it. He can come back in 5 years at league minimum after getting his payday and join us in a championship.

As much as I would have still liked to have him back, i dont blame him. You can say he doesnt care about winning, but at the same time, he is a 25 year old guy, who was on the verge of being out of the league and he has found some recent success. Guy needs to be doing eveything in his power to continue that into next year and a payday that can set him up for the rest of his life. But, after leaving Cleveland, i am surprised he didnt look for something like 2 years/10 million. Little more security while still allowing himself to be 27 when hitting the market again if he has success

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I think a 3 and Peppers is at least in the ballpark of a late 1st. So, I guess you can say a 1 and a 2 if you want? 

Either way, doesn't matter.  I'm good with Peppers leaving if it's being supplemented with a good (or great) replacement signing.  That lessens any loss there, if it's Thomas. 

Giants resigning Odell looks so bad on them now.  A season later, they gave away a ton of dead money even though he was already unhappy there. 

It almost becomes a 1/3/Peppers for Odell and Earl Thomas. 

How is that not a win. 

Giants Receive:

Kevin Zeitler

Jabrill Peppers

2019 1st Round pick (17)

2019 3rd Round pick (from Patriots)

2019 5th Round pick

Browns Receive

Odell Beckham Jr.

Olivier Vernon

2019 4th Round pick

Archived