GDT: Raiders - Colts

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I know, Mack only decided to break his contracts and miss  OTAs, minicamp, training camp and never even showed up at the facility to see the new staff or players.

But expects a phone call frome Gruden begging him to return to the Raiders 

Did he not earn the right to do so? Mack never said I came here to play for Gruden. Gruden did say he took the job cause of mack and carr. Neither one owe anything to the other. Gruden could had called just cause he was a new coach trying to meet all his players. Guenther called to tell him how they was planning to use him. So why couldn't Gruden? 

18 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Looked like Morrow was in on nickel with Whitehead for most of the game, Cabinda might have got a series. Wilber was at SLB in base, so it looked. 

If we going to play Whitehead and Joseph on passing downs together. People need to fire up who ever we are playing tight end and slot wrs in their fan duel and draftkings lineups. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

“We don’t get many possessions, we don’t get the ball very often,” Gruden said. “I don’t think they ran out of gas. I just think defensively we have to take a long look at who can be out there and help us right now. We’re struggling” 

Gruden putting it on the defense, tough to argue against, defense is a hot mess. 

He's accurate. Defense has been a mess for the last decade. They tried to fill it with stop gap players (Gilchrist, Johnson, Melvin, Larmur/Wilbur, Nelson, Hall, etc.) It's not worked. They need to dedicate themselves to getting better through the draft. About time to get a potential star talent at LB instead of trying this day 3 draft pick stuff that isn't working.

4 hours ago, Totty said:

I don't think it has anything to do with Carr haters.  Ray Charles could see that he's a shell of his 16' self.  If he gets back on track, great.  That's what I'm hoping for.  If he doesn't, he can kick rocks too.  

Honestly don't GAF who our QB is. Just want W's.

We have our QB, he's 27 years old, on this 5th new system in 5 years and on a talentless team on both sides of the ball.  Every time the guy drops back he has someone in his face.  If you give Brady that kind of time he'll look bad.  

Bottom line is that Carr has shown he can lead this team.  All of this media garbage has fans in a frenzy about how he has lost the respect of his teammates and is soft which is so far from the truth.  I'm not saying that he won't get traded as we all know Gruden is capable of anything but I will say if he is dealt it would be a huge mistake.  

I don't think most of you fans have any clue how difficult it is to find a competent QB in the NFL.  Teams will mortgage their futures for the potential of landing one.  Redskins and RG3...  Huge mistake and look at the 2015 top 2 qb's taken.  Both total trash that are holding their teams back.  You wan't to take that risk when Carr has shown he can put a team on his back and take them to the playoffs.  If we trade Carr, draft a QB and he is a bust it will set the franchise back 5 years at least.  I wan't nothing to do with that bc we have our guy, we just need to give him something to work with.  

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have our QB, he's 27 years old, on this 5th new system in 5 years and on a talentless team on both sides of the ball.  Every time the guy drops back he has someone in his face.  If you give Brady that kind of time he'll look bad.  

Bottom line is that Carr has shown he can lead this team.  All of this media garbage has fans in a frenzy about how he has lost the respect of his teammates and is soft which is so far from the truth.  I'm not saying that he won't get traded as we all know Gruden is capable of anything but I will say if he is dealt it would be a huge mistake.  

I don't think most of you fans have any clue how difficult it is to find a competent QB in the NFL.  Teams will mortgage their futures for the potential of landing one.  Redskins and RG3...  Huge mistake and look at the 2015 top 2 qb's taken.  Both total trash that are holding their teams back.  You wan't to take that risk when Carr has shown he can put a team on his back and take them to the playoffs.  If we trade Carr, draft a QB and he is a bust it will set the franchise back 5 years at least.  I wan't nothing to do with that bc we have our guy, we just need to give him something to work with.  

Well said and I agree complete. The Raiders have been looking for a QB to lead them since Gannon, so we should get it. 

I'm a big Carr guy. My biggest concerns are these games where he looks completely uncomfortable. Starts hearing footsteps, throws the ball without letting plays develop because of the thought of pressure. Then just starts to crumble under the pressure. 

What separates the goods from the greats, is that ability to handle pressure and bounce back. You mention Brady.... and you're wrong on him. Brady has ice in his veins. He isn't rattled often and relishes the pressure to eventually break your back with a play. Big Ben, Rodgers.... these guys thrive in chaos a lot of the time. What I am seeing from Carr is a guy who needs everything to be clean for him to operate. He has to have confidence in his Oline early or he gets skittish and starts checking down to get out of pressure before it's there.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's accurate. Defense has been a mess for the last decade. They tried to fill it with stop gap players (Gilchrist, Johnson, Melvin, Larmur/Wilbur, Nelson, Hall, etc.) It's not worked. They need to dedicate themselves to getting better through the draft. About time to get a potential star talent at LB instead of trying this day 3 draft pick stuff that isn't working.

Guenthers defense prioritises DL and secondary before LB. We need DE x2 Safety x2, a CB as well as LB help. Whitehead signing has been disastrous tbh. 

‘Brandon LaFell assumed a large role after the Amari trade. He played 46 snaps (92%). Martavis Bryant only played 7.’ 

Bryant only played 7 snaps when we have just released Cooper, another bad signing. 

DRC went from starting against Seahawks to not playing any snaps on defense.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Did he not earn the right to do so? Mack never said I came here to play for Gruden. Gruden did say he took the job cause of mack and carr. Neither one owe anything to the other. Gruden could had called just cause he was a new coach trying to meet all his players. Guenther called to tell him how they was planning to use him. So why couldn't Gruden? 

I'm pretty sure the "Gruden didn't call me" talk is just BS from Mack's camp but if it isn't, how entitled is he? Does he need a BJ from the HC with his 100M+ contract? The HC is the boss, if you want to talk to him, get in his office.

Its really hard to even have an opinion on Paul Guenther. This is by far the worst collection of talent I've ever seen on defense. Carr and the offense need to be flawless every week in order to have a chance to win. We need a whole new secondary, all new LBs, at least 2 DEs. Hopefully guys like Hurst and Hall develop so we don't have to worry about DT. This is a massive rebuild project on defense. Special teams has been a joke too. We need to look for a different punter.

13 minutes ago, Dessie said:

‘Brandon LaFell assumed a large role after the Amari trade. He played 46 snaps (92%). Martavis Bryant only played 7.’ 

Bryant only played 7 snaps when we have just released Cooper, another bad signing. 

I didn’t understand this. We went younger at corner this week but younger at wr? Hope it doesn’t mean we are trying to trade Conley. Bryant must have dropped some passes in warmups or something 

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Well said and I agree complete. The Raiders have been looking for a QB to lead them since Gannon, so we should get it. 

I'm a big Carr guy. My biggest concerns are these games where he looks completely uncomfortable. Starts hearing footsteps, throws the ball without letting plays develop because of the thought of pressure. Then just starts to crumble under the pressure. 

What separates the goods from the greats, is that ability to handle pressure and bounce back. You mention Brady.... and you're wrong on him. Brady has ice in his veins. He isn't rattled often and relishes the pressure to eventually break your back with a play. Big Ben, Rodgers.... these guys thrive in chaos a lot of the time. What I am seeing from Carr is a guy who needs everything to be clean for him to operate. He has to have confidence in his Oline early or he gets skittish and starts checking down to get out of pressure before it's there.

Let me ask you this question and the answer is totally speculative.  If Brady was drafted in the 6th round by, let's say the Browns, would we be talking about Brady in the same light as we are today or would he have as many rings?  I say no, Bellichek has made Brady and Brady has helped make Bellicheck.  The system is they key here as we have all seen with every QB that steps in for Brady looks very good, becomes a FA and then plays average once they go to a new system.  

I have seen Brady get pressured during games and has preformed terribly.  The system he is in is conducive to him having time to assess the field and when his protection breaks down the game plan adjusts allowing his to get the ball out faster.  Brady is a legend no doubt but it's naive to think that it's just all him and like I said if Brady was drafted by the Browns no one who know who he is.  

Look at Steve Young.  Drafted by the Bucs and had a terrible career before he got to SF.  Goes to a system with a ton of talent and suits his skillset thanks to Walsh and he is a HOFer.  

38 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Bryant what a waste. 

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

They did have a team meeting and Mack didn’t show up.

Mack wanting to be the highest paid player in NFL and he didn’t care which team paid him.

I have respect for that  but don’t say he’s blameless 

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let me ask you this question and the answer is totally speculative.  If Brady was drafted in the 6th round by, let's say the Browns, would we be talking about Brady in the same light as we are today or would he have as many rings?  I say no, Bellichek has made Brady and Brady has helped make Bellicheck.  The system is they key here as we have all seen with every QB that steps in for Brady looks very good, becomes a FA and then plays average once they go to a new system.  

I have seen Brady get pressured during games and has preformed terribly.  The system he is in is conducive to him having time to assess the field and when his protection breaks down the game plan adjusts allowing his to get the ball out faster.  Brady is a legend no doubt but it's naive to think that it's just all him and like I said if Brady was drafted by the Browns no one who know who he is.  

Look at Steve Young.  Drafted by the Bucs and had a terrible career before he got to SF.  Goes to a system with a ton of talent and suits his skillset thanks to Walsh and he is a HOFer.  

As usual you respond to everything except the critics of Carr. Respond to the critics. QBs are going to get pressured even the great ones with great systems. They dont fold, push ball down field. That's all most want to see from Carr. He did look elite on 16. But I dont think he will have that kind of oline play ever again. What he did yesterday was impressive. The oline played better. But it wasnt super elite like 16 and carr played good. That's what most want to see.

Archived