NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's excellent creating off the dribble in the half-court, in transition as a ball-handler and off ball, and his post game is very effective. What Zion is doing this year is amazing especially considered his limited usage. He's going to be one of the 5-10 best athletes in the league as a rookie, he's in the top 1% of athleticism in all sports, period. Despite playing with one of the highest usage players in college basketball he's averaging 26 ppg on 14 shots in ACC play. 

It's actually funny that you give Zion flack for "out-athleting college kids" but love Ja Mornant. Duke has played the 12th toughest schedule this season and Zion has played against a ton of future NBA players including Rui, Culver, Hunter, and more. Murray State has played the 329th toughest schedule this year and Ja has played against 1* and 2* recruits that will never even sniff a professional league. If anyone in college basketball has benefited from out-athleting college kids this year it's Mornant. 

He's so excellent creating off the dribble that his A/TO is sub 1. And he hasn't had "limited usage" ffs. Dude's usage rate is damn near 30. Plus, Barrett's usage wouldnt even place him in the top 10 of college basketball.

And I have no idea wtf you're watching if you think Ja is only "out-athleting" people this year. Just tells me that you don't watch Ja whatsoever. Regardless, I'm done talking about Zion Williamson with you, Bo.

Edited by beekay414

I'll just say this, if you still think Zion is just strictly out-athleting guys, then I really don't know what to say. 

He has shown to be far more skilled and has a higher baskeball IQ than many expected entering the season. I feel the out-athleting stuff is things said about him before the season.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I'll just say this, if you still think Zion is just strictly out-athleting guys, then I really don't know what to say. 

He has shown to be far more skilled and has a higher baskeball IQ than many expected entering the season. I feel the out-athleting stuff is things said about him before the season.

If he's able to out athlete people to 30/10/2/2 in the toughest conference in America he might be the greatest athlete to ever play college basketball. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's so excellent creating off the dribble that his A/TO is sub 1. And he hasn't had "limited usage" ffs. Dude's usage rate is damn near 30. Plus, Barrett's usage wouldnt even place him in the top 10 of college basketball.

Williamson's role isn't really to create offense for others, considering Duke has one of the best PG in the country. Have you watched Zion play at all this year? He's excellent creating off the bounce and getting into the lane. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Steph Curry played at Davidson. Damian Lillard played at Weber State. GUESS WE SHOULD ALL PASS ON THEM FOR THE DUKIE PLAYERS!

Where you play your college ball doesn't matter one ******* bit. This is something you simply can't seem to grasp. 

FFS, Giannis played in damn rec league basically. SHOULD'VE TAKEN MASON PLUMLEE!

There's a player like Ja Morant in almost every single draft though, athletic point guards are a dime in a dozen. Players like Zion Williamson are once in a lifetime. 

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There's a player like Ja Morant in almost every single draft though, athletic point guards are a dime in a dozen. Players like Zion Williamson are once in a lifetime. 

Players that are insane athletes and cant shoot? Sure. They usually play football.

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Williamson's role isn't really to create offense for others, considering Duke has one of the best PG in the country. Have you watched Zion play at all this year? He's excellent creating off the bounce and getting into the lane. 

I can tell you I've watched more Zion than you have Ja.

Every single reason you like Zion on offense, Ja is just as good at. 

Both are excellent finishers, excellent getting into the lane, excellent getting to the FT line and excellent creating off the dribble. Now tell me why I'm supposed to take the one that can't shoot and doesn't create as much offensively?

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Both are excellent finishers, excellent getting into the lane, excellent getting to the FT line and excellent creating off the dribble. Now tell me why I'm supposed to take the one that can't shoot and doesn't create as much offensively?

Because he's short for his position?

Players that are insane athletes and cant shoot? Sure. They usually play football.

Williamson is shooting 37% from 3 on 3.2 attempts per game in ACC play. Williamson's ability to handle the ball and get into the lane at his size with his athleticism is unparalleled. He's a special, special talent. 

One is a 6'3" PG and the other is a 6'7" combo forward. I like Ja Morant and I have him #2 on my board, I'd just take Zion first. Finding an extremely athletic PG is easy, hell, I'd probably take Cole Anthony next year over Ja Morant this year. Zion is such a rare player and his impact on and off the court will be umatched by any other player in the class. 

Ja has definitely played very well this season but his competition has been absolutely terrible. He has played the 20th easiest schedule of any player in college basketball this year. If he was in the ACC do you think he'd be doing what he's doing at Murray State?

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One is a 6'3" PG and the other is a 6'7" combo forward. I like Ja Morant and I have him #2 on my board, I'd just take Zion first. Finding an extremely athletic PG is easy, hell, I'd probably take Cole Anthony next year over Ja Morant this year. Zion is such a rare player and his impact on and off the court will be umatched by any other player in the class. 

Ja has definitely played very well this season but his competition has been absolutely terrible. He has played the 20th easiest schedule of any player in college basketball this year. If he was in the ACC do you think he'd be doing what he's doing at Murray State?

6'7" combo forward means no real position. 

Yes, that's how talented players work. They produce no matter where they play. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Williamson is shooting 37% from 3 on 3.2 attempts per game in ACC play. Williamson's ability to handle the ball and get into the lane at his size with his athleticism is unparalleled. He's a special, special talent. 

Josh Jackson shot like 38% from college 3. Brandon Ingram shot over 40%. Both can't shoot worth a lick in the NBA from the perimeter. 

There is more to evaluating than judging based off stats. You can regurgitate them all you want, they mean jack half the time. 

He's a special athlete, not talent. There's a difference. LeBron was a special talent. KD was a special talent. Zion is nowhere near either of them as a prospect. Stop this nonsense. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's a special athlete, not talent. There's a difference. LeBron was a special talent. KD was a special talent. Zion is nowhere near either of them as a prospect. Stop this nonsense. 

He's not a special talent yet, statistically speaking, is having arguably the greatest season in college basketball history for a freshman? He's going to absolutely shatter the player efficiency rating record for the NCAA. For being just an athlete, that isn't a special talent, he's having a historical season, imagine if this kid ever learns how to play the game... 

In the ACC he ranks

PPG: 2nd | RPG: 4th | SPG: 5th | BPG: 5th | FG%: 1st (7th NCAA) | 2PFG%: 1st (7th NCAA) 

FTA: 2nd | eFG%: 1st (4th NCAA) | TS%: 1st | OReb%: 2nd | DReb%: 9th | Reb%: 4th | PER: 1st (1st NCAA) 

B%: 3rd | St%: 4th | Points Produced: 2nd | Points Pro PG: 2nd | ORating: 1st (7th NCAA) 

DRating: 2nd (6th NCAA) | O Win Shares: 1st (10th NCAA) | D Win Shares: (2nd) | Win Shares: 1st (5th NCAA)

Win Share Per40: 1st (1st NCAA) | Off Box +/-: 1st (1st NCAA) | Def Box +/-: 1st | Box +/-: 1st (1st NCAA)