NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's only one of three players over the last 5 years to average 5+ TO per game. It's alarming because he has played very poor defenses the entire season, how many is he going to average at the next level?

He'll be fine. You're worrying about nothing that can't be fixed with 1) better coaching, 2) better structure and 3) better teammates. 

54 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I've only watched Zion once, but I wouldn't trust him to be a franchise changer. That seems to be reflective of the whole draft class, though.

I think he’d be perfect in Phoenix if they can get a Holiday/Conley type to run things.  He wouldn’t have to be the first banana with Booker.  Also it’s more pressure of Ayton who isn’t an alpha.  #LoseOut

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He'll be fine. You're worrying about nothing that can't be fixed with 1) better coaching, 2) better structure and 3) better teammates. 

Can you imagine the numbers that Zion would put up if he got to play the 300th ranked defense every night? 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Can you imagine the numbers that Zion would put up if he got to play the 300th ranked defense every night? 

I dont care about the numbers or ******* Zion Williamson. I don't base my evals off of numbers. Numbers can be skewed, skill can't. 

Stop talking to me about Zion Williamson. 

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I've only watched Zion once, but I wouldn't trust him to be a franchise changer. That seems to be reflective of the whole draft class, though.

Zion will be a franchise changer on and off the court. He'll be the most popular player to enter the league since LeBron James and a top 10 player in terms of popularity the first day he steps on an NBA court. He's one of the few prospects that has lived up to the hype, he's averaging like 26 points in 27 minutes in ACC play. And is one of the best defensive players in the country this year. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I dont care about the numbers or ******* Zion Williamson. I don't base my evals off of numbers. Numbers can be skewed, skill can't. 

Stop talking to me about Zion Williamson. 

So skilled he's averaging 5 TO against Billy Bob Joe and Kenny from North Dakota. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So skilled he's averaging 5 TO against Billy Bob Joe and Kenny from North Dakota. 

Never change, Bo. Never change.

If Zion went anywhere other than Duke, you'd be able to have a reasonable conversation about him. Because he's a Dookie, he's some god amongst men despite the fact that he can really only score in one way and that's by out-athleting college kids. He's not going to be as good in the pros as you think he will be. He's more likely to be a glorified Draymond Green type (super role player) than he is a Kevin Durant type (elite franchise changing player).

Edited by beekay414

You're so focused on his TO/PG when he's still posting a 2.12 A/TO ratio. 

Let's compare that to some of the super high usage ballhandlers in the NBA (guys near or above Ja's 32 USG rate).

Devin Booker: 1.84/1 (3.8 TO/PG)
Steph Curry: 1.93/1 (2.9 TO/PG)
James Harden: 1.48/1 (5.6 TO/PG)
Le'Bron James: 2.09/1 (3.4 TO/PG)
Damian Lillard: 2.21/1 (2.8 TO/PG)
Giannis: 1.48/1 (4.0 TO/PG)
Donovan Mitchell: 1.32/1 (2.8 TO/PG)
Zach LaVine: 1.2/1 (3.5 TO/PG)
D'Angelo Russell: 2.29/1 (2.8 TO/PG)
Kemba Walker: 2.15/1 (2.6 TO/PG)
Russell Westbrook: 2.33/1 (4.5 TO/PG)
Lou Williams: 2.13/1 (2.3 TO/PG)

Yeah, I'm not worried whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Zion went anywhere other than Duke, you'd be able to have a reasonable conversation about him. Because he's a Dookie, he's some god amongst men despite the fact that he can really only score in one way and that's by out-athleting college kids. He's not going to be as good in the pros as you think he will be. He's more likely to be a glorified Draymond Green type (super role player) than he is a Kevin Durant type (elite franchise changing player).

He's excellent creating off the dribble in the half-court, in transition as a ball-handler and off ball, and his post game is very effective. What Zion is doing this year is amazing especially considered his limited usage. He's going to be one of the 5-10 best athletes in the league as a rookie, he's in the top 1% of athleticism in all sports, period. Despite playing with one of the highest usage players in college basketball he's averaging 26 ppg on 14 shots in ACC play. 

It's actually funny that you give Zion flack for "out-athleting college kids" but love Ja Mornant. Duke has played the 12th toughest schedule this season and Zion has played against a ton of future NBA players including Rui, Culver, Hunter, and more. Murray State has played the 329th toughest schedule this year and Ja has played against 1* and 2* recruits that will never even sniff a professional league. If anyone in college basketball has benefited from out-athleting college kids this year it's Mornant. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You're so focused on his TO/PG when he's still posting a 2.12 A/TO ratio. 

Let's compare that to some of the super high usage ballhandlers in the NBA (guys near or above Ja's 32 USG rate).

Devin Booker: 1.84/1 (3.8 TO/PG)
Steph Curry: 1.93/1 (2.9 TO/PG)
James Harden: 1.48/1 (5.6 TO/PG)
Le'Bron James: 2.09/1 (3.4 TO/PG)
Damian Lillard: 2.21/1 (2.8 TO/PG)
Giannis: 1.48/1 (4.0 TO/PG)
Donovan Mitchell: 1.32/1 (2.8 TO/PG)
Zach LaVine: 1.2/1 (3.5 TO/PG)
D'Angelo Russell: 2.29/1 (2.8 TO/PG)
Kemba Walker: 2.15/1 (2.6 TO/PG)
Russell Westbrook: 2.33/1 (4.5 TO/PG)
Lou Williams: 2.13/1 (2.3 TO/PG)

Yeah, I'm not worried whatsoever.

That's the NBA though buddy, elite competition. Mornant is playing against the absolute worst competition that college basketball has to offer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That's the NBA though buddy, elite competition. Mornant is playing against the absolute worst competition that college basketball has to offer. 

Steph Curry played at Davidson. Damian Lillard played at Weber State. GUESS WE SHOULD ALL PASS ON THEM FOR THE DUKIE PLAYERS!

Where you play your college ball doesn't matter one ******* bit. This is something you simply can't seem to grasp. 

FFS, Giannis played in damn rec league basically. SHOULD'VE TAKEN MASON PLUMLEE!

Edited by beekay414