Raiders CB Sean Smith charged with assault

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

FULLY? Wow

That's been why we've been so good with the cap in the past few years. Reggie McKenzie used the masses of available space at the time to front-load veteran contracts. Meaning that they're owed nothing a few years down the line, which could then be used to offer big deals to draft picks.

Up until now, it's worked very well. Now he might be looking at a $9m+ hit because of it.

I don't care what the person did to you or your family, you don't stomp on there head, its just so barbaric and ape like. Your at that point , trying to kill the person, i'm surprised if this is all true, he wasn't charged with attempted murder. 

I'm googling right now and can't find  any facts about the case other then his charges, bail etc.. So we should let it play out tho and let some more facts come to the table before we make a judgment either way. 

On 8/17/2017 at 10:23 PM, 49erurtaza said:

Nah he has not been good. He's slow can't keep up. He's going to get cut performance is trash and add this on top.

But now the Raiders have to eat the dead money in getting rid of his ***.

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Jack Del Rio has come out and said/confirmed he was defending his sister, which will probably get him out of it in the court's eyes(assuming it's true obviously), or at least just a slap on the wrist.

I kinda figured something didn't sit right with this story, Sean Smith never struck me as the thuggish type.

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Jack Del Rio has come out and said/confirmed he was defending his sister, which will probably get him out of it in the court's eyes(assuming it's true obviously), or at least just a slap on the wrist.

I kind of doubt he gets off relatively clean tbh. If some dude is crossing the line with your sister, you 100% defend her the best you possible can. However the part of the reports about him stomping on the dudes head while he is out is crossing the line on his end. He could have literally killed the guy from the sounds of it. Of course we only know part of the story but if the dude was left in a critical state, I doubt the police/league will let him off no problem.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I kind of doubt he gets off relatively clean tbh. If some dude is crossing the line with your sister, you 100% defend her the best you possible can. However the part of the reports about him stomping on the dudes head while he is out is crossing the line on his end. He could have literally killed the guy from the sounds of it. Of course we only know part of the story but if the dude was left in a critical state, I doubt the police/league will let him off no problem.

It's easy to feel that way until you see someone actually abusing someone you love, and it's also probably dependent upon what the guy was doing to his sister. If it turns out he was beating her, etc, no judge is going to blame Smith for what he did. The league on the other hand, who knows.

Both logically and legally it is not right to stomp on someone's head when they're down, but in a rage that overcomes you when defending someone you love, you quickly lose logic and any thoughts of legal repercussions.

Archived