THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

I must admit.....the Prospect of getting TWO of the young up and coming "Offensive Geniuses"....Stefanski (36) as OC under Kitchens (44) seems like setting up the perfect longevity type of situation...in case something happens. I would LOVE to see what these two cats come up....and with Childress and or Saunders as Sr. Offensives assistants.....(Maybe Saunders as Sr. Asst. Passing game and Childress Sr. Asst. Running game).....that is a lot of OLD proven offensive minds and two young Hot Shot, spread one play, Wishbone the next type of offenses going on.......

I still want to know where the D is going with this....I really think its going to be Tyrel Austin coming to the DC job (now Bowles looks like he's going to TB with Arians)

Bowles.....my bad on the earlier post, I was going to correct it...but it had already been quoted and alas my shame preserved for all to see LOL

14 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

What's the deal with all this Brad Childress talk nownthat he stepped down from AAF...that's not actually an option for OC, is it?

I hope to hell not. His offenses were stagnate and  plodding in Minnesota and a disaster here in Cleveland. The only time he has ever been an OC for a good offense was in Philadelphia and then again in Kansas City where he never called a single play, so unless Andy Reid is coming with him to call plays then I say buzz off Brad.

Just now, TheeRealDeal said:

I hope to hell not. His offenses were stagnate and  plodding in Minnesota and a disaster here in Cleveland. The only time he has ever been an OC for a good offense was in Philadelphia and then again in Kansas City where he never called a single play, so unless Andy Reid is coming with him to call plays then I say buzz off Brad.

I’m good with Childress being the “OC” for Freddie, running meetings, handling minutia, etc., but Kitchens has better be calling the plays.

Chilly as a playcaller is a hard pass from me.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m good with Childress being the “OC” for Freddie, running meetings, handling minutia, etc., but Kitchens has better be calling the plays.

Chilly as a playcaller is a hard pass from me.

No thanks. He's not creative and he is a terrible play caller. If we are going to hire a non play calling OC then it better be a good play designer.

11 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

No thanks. He's not creative and he is a terrible play caller. If we are going to hire a non play calling OC then it better be a good play designer.

I’m assuming we’d be running Kitchens offense.

If it’s Chilly’s stuff, no thanks.

I guess “sr offensive assistant” would be a better title for what I’m thinking.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Coaching Search Review (Excluding College Candidates)

1.) Gregg Williams

2.) Brian Flores

3.) Matt Eberflus

4.) Jim Caldwell (Won 9+ games 5 out of 7 HC seasons ... more than 10 in 3 of those seasons; Not just a Rooney rule interview despite how it's been reported)

5.) Kevin Stefanski

6.) Dan Campbell

7.) Freddie Kitchens

8.) Requested to interview but did not formally interview Nick Sirianni for some reason

--------------------------------

Setting aside the college HC candidates, I just find it really really hard to believe that given the massive resources of the Haslams, the expertise within the personnel department, as well as the early start that we got on this coaching search that the above 7 men were the only and best qualified candidates for what is the most important coaching hire decision for this ascending team/organization in recent memory.

The candidate list suggests 2 things to me:

1.) John Dorsey has known who he was going to hire and target as his top choice all along (Kitchens or Stefanski), and

2.) The Organization wanted to get to know the young ascending OCs and DCs in the league in the event that the HC decision doesn't work out a few years from now.

I know this is unpopular talk around here but I’m also underwhelmed at this coaching search. I have a feeling this will be a 2-3 year hire until Dorsey gets who he really wants. If we hire Kitchens I just get a Romeo Crennell vibe from it. LOVE him as OC scared if he’s HC. But I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again. 

But I’ll tell you this like I’ve been telling myself. We’re not privy to the interviews. How he sold his vision of the Browns future and his plan to implement it.  We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. We didn’t see the interactions between Kitchens and the players. How he handled himself in meetings and in practices. Pretty much just a guess on our part to who will be good or not good. 

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Wooops you beat me to it. 

Im assuming it’s speculation. Someone saying DePodesta likes Stefanski because he’s an analytical guy and Dorsey wanting Kitchens because he’s a football meathead. 

Archived