THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Tom brady def didn’t look like a goat this year, Gronk looks done, not elite WR, and stop had a top 10 passing attack and top 5 rushing offense and top5 scoring offense. 

As an offensive mind, JMD was amazing this year

He didn’t look like the GOAT by his standards but he still played very well. 

36 minutes ago, DawgX said:

You don't think even Buno could put a positive spin on us hiring Jim Caldwell, right?

... okay, he probably could.

i mean, i think jim caldwells kinda gotten a raw deal.  he's been to the playoffs 4/7 years hes been in the league as a hc.  definite downgrade in going to patricia in DET

6 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I wasn't debating when Bill Walsh became great or that Sean McVay wouldn't. I am saying he is overrated which you just admitted to as much in your last line. I also personally like how Shanahan used pieces in his offense to create mismatches better than McVay and I believe he gets more out of less talent as well.

You used words like charismatic, magnetic, CEO type leader and program leader too much. There are plenty of different personalities that are all great leaders. There are many different ways to lead. Either way I don't know enough about McVay or Shannahan and their locker room/practice personalities to compare them because I am not around them. I am simply saying from watching game flow/play calling/play design/formation and personnel usage I believe Kyle Shanahan is the better coach. 

I wasn't disagreeing with you in this instance.

The Bill Walsh point was more of an "Somewhat unrelatedly, the Interesting thing about Bill Walsh is that he wasn't "Bill Walsh" until..." type of point.

And .... although I use magnetic, charismatic a lot when I do they usually properly describe the people I'm referring to. Sean McVay just is an outward emotional intelligence, magnetic, charismatic personality much more so than Kyle. BUT I don't overvalue or think that type of leadership style and personality is the end all be all in leadership and I've talked about such things in detail before like when I said:

On 9/22/2018 at 6:08 PM, Mind Character said:

Baker's outward leadership qualities have always been elite/special and anyone with any evaluation skill would readily see that manifest itself in a wide variety of ways.

The "Leader of Men-ism" thing during every nfl draft process for me often discounts/discounted other archetypes of highly effective leadership styles that exists in sports organizations and the world in general.

Outward volatile emotion, swinging-d*ck, alpha male leadership is unanimously our favorite type of leadership as guys and we all recognize it as an elite and magnetic personality trait.

During the draft process, I think people's preference for that type of leadership often became the end all be all while other leadership styles of elite QBs like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, etc. were ignored in favor of the clearly identifiable outward leadership archetype that we all love in elite QBs like Favre, Phillip Rivers, etc.

Such a preference caused many to think less outward leadership styles like those of QBs like Jared Goff and Aaron Rodgers meant those QBs couldn't "Lead men."

I think the real questions with Baker were about when the pendulum swung the other way toward the negative side of emotions where his emotional control and emotional immaturity negatively impacted decision-making and/or his ability to be a leader.

Hopefully he can keep the balance in the direction of the positive as success and his stardom continues to grow.

In human organizations (especially sports/football one's), we've been programmed to have a preference for outward emotion, magnetic personality types. That just the way things are. As such, players tend to fall in love with that type of command more so than other types of leadership styles.

In terms of personnel usage, again, I agree that Shannahan is an a class above where McVay is thus far. However, it's really a discussion about Elite of Elite versus Really Good to Great imo.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

There aren’t any more. Just that he did well and Kitchens is getting antsy and wants to know what the deal is.

Freddie doesn't understand that he's the pretty girl at the dance. He's in demand. Sit back, relax, and let the cards fall where they may.

Archived