WR Golden Tate to the Eagles for a 3rd

eagles18

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I like Golden Tate I think hes a great player. I just dont think he helps us win the division this year. So we gave up a third for 8 games and then maybe we'll get a 5th after he leaves in FA a year later. Meh I don't see the point. 

you're severely underestimating how much he's going to get paid. He's the only legitimately good WR in free agency next year. He's easily going to get $13 million or more per year on his next deal.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

he will make the time the oline has to be blocking decrease though

he could potentially also help your run game by being an extension of it. The Lions threw a lot of quick passes and screens his way in place of running the ball because they couldn't run to save their life. With the injuries you've had at RB, it wouldn't surprise me if you do the same at least somewhat to help supplement the run game.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

you're severely underestimating how much he's going to get paid. He's the only legitimately good WR in free agency next year. He's easily going to get $13 million or more per year on his next deal.

Yeah he'll have a market, between teams trying to make a push and all the GMs trying to get their young Qbs to help with development...he'll have a solid market.

I wanted us to try and get him next year if Wallace and Nelson left. Think he fits well.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

he could potentially also help your run game by being an extension of it. The Lions threw a lot of quick passes and screens his way in place of running the ball because they couldn't run to save their life. With the injuries you've had at RB, it wouldn't surprise me if you do the same at least somewhat to help supplement the run game.

Oh yeah for sure, I think we are gonna see a lot of screens and a lot of clear outs where Golden either comes under or has hot routes.
With his quickness he'll be perfect at that. 

If you look just last week, there was a bad play in the redzone where none of the WR read the defensive front and adjusted...it was 6 on 5, and none of them broke off their route to help Carson. Yes maybe that's not what they are told to do...but Tate seems like he will extend plays and Carson is one of the few QBs who does that extremely well...should be a fun marriage.

15 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

He's 30 I really doubt he gets 13 million a year but hey if some team wants to spend money like that and up our comp pick up by all means i hope they do. 

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I also like the Skins getting chesty. Getting confident just before they realize they’re average as all hell. 

Lol, idk what Redskins fans you’re referring  of.  Go to our forum, the majority of us still think the team is crap with a crap QB.

Not thrilled with giving up a 3rd, but Tate is a good addition. 

The team has played poorly, but the playoffs are easily in reach with 2 games left against the Skins. I doubt many of us thought we could win the SB with Foles last year, so any chance with Wentz at QB is worth going for. The schedule the rest of the way is no cake walk though, so hopefully it doesn't end up being a waste. 

14 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Green beans, we will see your Tate and raise you two HaHas.  Our two games should be fun, no injuries to either team and may the best team win.

Doesn't Tate already abuse Ha Ha on a regular basis or is that some other GB Safety?

9 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

This.

We tried doing this with Nelly but it was as telegraphed a play as there is in sports. Now both Tate and Agholor are interchangeable. Defenses won't know which is or might get that play.

Technically the Eagles now have 3 Slot WR (JMatt) that can move outside and play any position in this offense. Making game planning mismatches a priority for DP.

God forbid we get Sproles back in some capacity because adding him to the mix with Tate could "potentially" be huge!

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Doesn't Tate already abuse Ha Ha on a regular basis or is that some other GB Safety?

Honestly I don't know could be.  But lets be real Detroit abusing GB now that is a reach.  GB has had a few years of dreadful injuries and still they own Detroit for the most part.

Archived