Are NFL offenses becoming too college like for you?

patriotsheatyan

What is the point of this question? If anyone doesn't like that the NFL offenses are "becoming more like colleges"?

What are "college offenses"? I didn't realize every school ran the same offense.

(I'm obviously assuming you mean the "spread" which isn't used exclusively by really many college coaches)

The answer is no. The NFL is changing partly because these smart coaches like McVay, Pederson, Shannahan, Reid, etc are going to use any kind of offensive techniques and plays that will be successful. Some of those plays and schemes have been being used in college football for awhile. But that's because of the moronic, stubborn old coaches who still think that the term "pro style QB" is actually a real thing who have refused to adapt their offenses.

Umm... what? Why would it matter? Would it besmirch the good name of the NFL to play anything other than good ol' fashioned "pro-style" football? Is it considered unethical to be too creative or innovative?

I'm sure that's what coaches like Jeff Fisher think and that's why coaches like Sean McVay are taking their jobs.

Archived