Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Barnes is not good at all, but thinks he's awesome.  That's a horrible combination and you will be very frustrated when he's dribbling into long 2s and taking shots away from your backcourt.

He's posted a negative BPM every year since he joined Dallas and a negative VORP his last two years there. Dude takes 14.7 shots per game and hasn't passed since 2014.

Question: if KCP and Rondo were to re-sign with the Lakers, could they be traded right away since they're still on the same team they were on or would they not be tradeable until December like free agents who switch teams?  Does it matter if cap holds are renounced or not?

Even with an overpaid Barnes next season, the Kings will still have more than $20 million in cap space. FAct is, they aren't a FA destination for anybody so the money is really irrelevant here. They had a huge hole at SF and Barnes at least gives them a legit option with size. The bigger issue is how he integrates with this team. In Dallas, he was paid to be one of their main players and played as such. In Sacramento, he needs to accept getting back to a secondary role like he was with the Warriors when they won. If he can accept being a 3rd-4th option, he could be a solid fit

Otto Porter would have been better for them but I guess the Wizards preferred the Bulls package and IDK what the Bulls are doing

I absolutely hate losing Shump. Kings won't really miss him on the court but I'm very concerned with what his loss will do to the locker room. He was unexpectedly the vocal leader and the heart and soul of this team and the young players fed off his energy. The entire personality of the team was all Shump, from coining them the Sacramento Scores to "purple talk" that all the players use on social media. I know he was an expiring but I wish for THIS YEARS team they'd have kept Shump for the year just for what he meant to this young squad. Don't like messing with the chemistry of the team

I think fox can step into a leadership role after being mentored by shump. Barnes will have a totally different role and teammates in sac I’m not gonna base his future value on a past situation that was completely different. He better damn well pass the ball he’s gonna be a 3rd /4th option here behind fox hield bagley. 

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I highly doubt they bring back D-Lo and sign Kyrie.  Along with having Dinwiddie, that would make no sense at all.

Personally I think they would try to move Dinwiddie then for some future assets.

2 hours ago, Hiero said:

I think fox can step into a leadership role after being mentored by shump. Barnes will have a totally different role and teammates in sac I’m not gonna base his future value on a past situation that was completely different. He better damn well pass the ball he’s gonna be a 3rd /4th option here behind fox hield bagley. 

He hasn't passed the ball since he was 10 years old, so I doubt he'd start now.

5 hours ago, Hiero said:

Wishful thinking. He dont pass bruh. He is a horrible version of melo. 

29 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I think they are preparing for life after Pop at this point. 

Well then their trade of Leonard was incredibly stupid.

If that were the case then they would have gotten young assets.  That trade was for them to maximize the last couple years of Pop coaching, which will be through next season.  Gasol's contract is up after next season and the Spurs still utilize 2 bigs quite often.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Can anybody make me feel better about bulls trade. I literally cant make sense of it. Why take porter contract. 

Perhaps the contract isn't great but I do believe Porter is a legit small forward that will play well alongside Wendell Carter and Laurie. What the Bulls need is a true impact point guard to put all those pieces together. Plus they are getting rid of headache Jabari Parker. Who was an absolute total bust as a free agent pick up

Archived