Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TitanLegend

Titans Midseason PFF Grades

Recommended Posts

to put this in perspective, our entire defense has allowed 14 touchdowns all season. malcolm butler is responsible for half of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -Hope- said:

to put this in perspective, our entire defense has allowed 14 touchdowns all season. malcolm butler is responsible for half of those.

Yet he’s still playing...: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow they gave Butler a 51.9? Thought he’d be in the 20’s somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, the two CBs who have allowed near Butler's TDs (6 to his 7) are Marcus Peters and Janoris Jenkins. I dunno about Jenkins but Peters has struggled hard all season.

Signing an elite CB isn't a guarantee.

Edited by TitanSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

To be fair, the two CBs who have allowed near Butler's TDs (6 to his 7) are Marcus Peters and Janoris Jenkins. I dunno about Jenkins but Peters has struggled hard all season.

Signing an elite CB isn't a guarantee.

Just sign and UDFA. Can’t be any worse and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Just sign and UDFA. Can’t be any worse and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper.

It actually costs us 5.4 million more off the cap next year to cut him than it does to keep him. I don't know enough about contracts if they would cut himand bring in someone cheap, or if it's better financially to just push him down the depth chart for a season.

Honestly, if he doesn't improve, I would have to think they would take the loss now while we have the cap room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His 2019 salary is guaranteed... so we're not just talking about prorated bonuses here, like is usually the case.

If we trade him, we only owe him the proration portion of the contract... and the new team would assume the guaranteed salary.  That is the only he way he gets cut.

IF we cut him after 2019, we'll still be dealing with prorated bonus money (dead cap hits)... but his guaranteed salaries are gone.

We're paying him $10M in salary next year... whether he's on the roster or not.  He'll be on the roster (barring a trade)... guaranteed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

His 2019 salary is guaranteed... so we're not just talking about prorated bonuses here, like is usually the case.

If we trade him, we only owe him the proration portion of the contract... and the new team would assume the guaranteed salary.  That is the only he way he gets cut.

IF we cut him after 2019, we'll still be dealing with prorated bonus money (dead cap hits)... but his guaranteed salaries are gone.

We're paying him $10M in salary next year... whether he's on the roster or not.  He'll be on the roster (barring a trade)... guaranteed!

Sometimes you gotta cut yo loses I remember the jets cut Revis owing him, the cowboys cut T.O owing him. It’s not like we’re in cap he’ll, keeping this man only hurts the team more & more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to toot my own horn but...I remember calling Butler a liability after week 2 when Davante beat him deep in the preseason, followed by Stills and Fuller the following 2 weeks and some of you folks were calling me crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Not to toot my own horn but...I remember calling Butler a liability after week 2 when Davante beat him deep in the preseason, followed by Stills and Fuller the following 2 weeks and some of you folks were calling me crazy.

I was witcha I’ve seen highlights in camp of him constantly getting beat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those offensive rankings are fascinating. Lewan as our fourth best linemen. Henry ahead of Lewis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Not to toot my own horn but...I remember calling Butler a liability after week 2 when Davante beat him deep in the preseason, followed by Stills and Fuller the following 2 weeks and some of you folks were calling me crazy.

I mean I called it a blah signing when it happened. Dude had one solid year but is mostly known for one play. Other then that, he’s been very below average. Never deserved a contract even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Those offensive rankings are fascinating. Lewan as our fourth best linemen. Henry ahead of Lewis. 

You just didn’t analyze every play like them I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Sometimes you gotta cut yo loses I remember the jets cut Revis owing him, the cowboys cut T.O owing him. It’s not like we’re in cap he’ll, keeping this man only hurts the team more & more 

Did they save money and call space with those move. They did. 

Do the Titans by cutting him before the end of the 2019 season. Nope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×