GDT: Jerry's World (3-5) v. Wentzlyvania and the funky bunch (4-4)

oland11

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Read somehwere that he’s out 3-4 weeks.. great player, great guy - absolute waste of a roster spot at this point 

Howie and Jeff$$$ letting that sentiment cloud their business acumen. Peters, Sproles and Foles should have been a handshake and well wished during the off season. As crappy as that sounds, it’s a business man. Sproles is done. I watched video of him running drills, he couldn’t even complete them. 

Yeah I completely agree. The Patriots would’ve gotten rid of all of those guys. I absolutely despise that team but they’re the best in the business and do what needs to be done to stay a consistent contender every year. 

Could’ve gotten some young blood on the o-line and at RB. Instead we have two old guys who can’t even finish a full game

32 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Yeah I completely agree. The Patriots would’ve gotten rid of all of those guys. I absolutely despise that team but they’re the best in the business and do what needs to be done to stay a consistent contender every year. 

Could’ve gotten some young blood on the o-line and at RB. Instead we have two old guys who can’t even finish a full game

I feel like this is the exact opposite take the fan base had like 3/4+ years ago

where everyone wanted them to hang onto everyone to retire as eagles. 

I think you have to be measured and not overpay for old old vets...but keeping them around and squeezing what they have left is ok in spurts...as long as you have quality backup plans.

There are some qualities off the field that are worth considering too. Team loves Sproles and JP is essentially a coach...hopefully him being here will help Mailata’s development out like it seem it has.

i think if we could go back in time you’d resign Blount before free agency. And add Sproles back after Ajayi got hurt/Sproles was healthy. 

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I feel like this is the exact opposite take the fan base had like 3/4+ years ago

I think you have to be measured and not overpay for old old vets...but keeping them around and squeezing what they have left is ok in spurts...as long as you have quality backup plans.

There are some qualities off the field that are worth considering too. Team loves Sproles and JP is essentially a coach...hopefully him being here will help Mailata’s development out like it seem it has.

i think if we could go back in time you’d resign Blount before free agency. And add Sproles back after Ajayi got hurt/Sproles was healthy. 

if you go back in time and draft a running back that weighed more than 150 pounds 

42 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Trying to be a dynasty now bro 😎

But yeah agreed on your points, it’s just been a disappointing year and seeing old guys like Peters and Sproles struggle though is painful 

Archived