The Burbs Mafia is over! TOUCH MASSACRED EVERYONE

Dome

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

Throws shade on me for my opening. Classic "low hanging fruit" as they say.

Low-key scummiest post of the game.

Interested in the reason why Orca train could lose steam.

Trying to find non game related reasons to lynch someone.

Worried about other roles.

Ties his questioning back to original read.

Then, he posts a bunch of stuff about the source material instead of the game. Easy to talk about. Easy to hide behind.

If I can figure out how to respond to this I will. Give me a couple minutes.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Ok. While Dome could have made everyone "Ricky's Friend" I doubt it. If I were to make this game for 14, these would be the obvious characters to include:

Civ: Ray, Carol, Art, Mark, Ricky, Bonnie, Walter, Garbage Men (2 makes sense here), Detective (1 or 2),

Mafia: Dr. Werner Klopek (the main one), Reuben Klopek, and Hans Klopek

Outside chance of mafia/other: Skip

I can think of a few more possible characters that I wouldn't be surprised if Dome used. But I don't want to give out possible cover roles if Dome hasn't already.

I have no clue what Dome did though. These are just the characters that I personally would have used.

59 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Vote ORCA

51 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

orca

28 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just now read the intro post. Doing a comparison it appears that he may have included Art's wife who I wouldn't have considered. It says for Ricky to "bring all your friends", so I really don't know. I feel like it'd be an easy mafia cover role too. I don't like it.

28 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

If you really are a civ, go back and re-read your posts.

orca

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Absolutely nothing about Ricky's friends makes sense for this role. This is either a bad lie or a very interesting choice by Dome.

@The Orca Here was the string of posts you were referring to.  It appears to me as though he really wants you lynched bc of the back to back posts voting you and then a third one thrown in for good measure.  He then proceeds to hedge his vote by second guessing himself by looking at the opening post. He then does a double hedge by mentioning that a protector role doesn't make sense for ricky's friend. 

This string of posts is ksj unsure of how to vote, possibly bc he doesn't want to be the hammer on you and draw more attention to himself. 

Looking at the above, along with the fact that ksj appears to be more invested in this game, posting much more, and talking like he is more sure of himself (probably due to his knowledge of the show), I would lean scum on him. 

Well I'm gonna go with 

Matts 

Three things town players shouldn't do 

1.  Try to lynch a "inactive" 30 hours away from deadline 

2.  Try to speed lynch a day one which limits the info town can gather from the thread 

3.  Try to use non thread reasons to push someone 

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@The Orca Here was the string of posts you were referring to.  It appears to me as though he really wants you lynched bc of the back to back posts voting you and then a third one thrown in for good measure.  He then proceeds to hedge his vote by second guessing himself by looking at the opening post. He then does a double hedge by mentioning that a protector role doesn't make sense for ricky's friend. 

This string of posts is ksj unsure of how to vote, possibly bc he doesn't want to be the hammer on you and draw more attention to himself. 

Looking at the above, along with the fact that ksj appears to be more invested in this game, posting much more, and talking like he is more sure of himself (probably due to his knowledge of the show), I would lean scum on him. 

I agree with this post and some of Whickers. Dingo, KSJ, and Vike stood out so far. James as well, but I like how he is calculated.

8 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Summarizing Whicker's activity he has thrown out lynch votes for James (3x), KSJ (3x), Dingo (2x), and touch (1x). Whicker’s current vote is on KSJ (page 11). 

Throws shade on me for my opening. Classic "low hanging fruit" as they say.

Your voting spree was the cause of the discussion, IMO, between SwAg and Orca. Figure I'd post where you voted to help out the group.

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

An Orca D1 lynch would make Matts and SwAg happy I'm sure. I can get behind an Orca or Whicker lynch.

Low-key scummiest post of the game.

Given what I've witnessed/read in past games, especially between Matts and Orca, I thought it was an applicable post. Can be hard for "newbies" when you guys bring up crap from last games and make/rely on reads from previous games.

What doesn't?

Interested in the reason why Orca train could lose steam.

Except the Orca train wasn't losing steam. Matts was saying it was too easy.

Why mine? I've seen the constant bickering between you and Orca from previous games. It seems SwAg and Orca could be 2.0 of that. Eliminate the common link. Orca.

Trying to find non game related reasons to lynch someone.

Pretty much the equivalent of relying on a prior games read which isn't a foreign concept in this group.

5 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

What is a jester role?

Additionally, how often has it been used on this forum?

Worried about other roles.

Of course I would be worried about other roles, this is my 2nd time playing "Mafia". Rather than googling "jester" role I figured I'd ask the group I'm playing with what it meant. Seems like you and Untouch are the only ones that seemed to question this question.

Assuming Orca is not a jester, and he flips town, what information does his lynch provide us? Does SwAg's idea with Whicker become a lead?

Ties his questioning back to original read.

Well, given there was further discussion between SwAg and Orca, yeah it led back you...where it all started. Go figure.

Then, he posts a bunch of stuff about the source material instead of the game. Easy to talk about. Easy to hide behind.

Would the source material not be relevant when discussing the game? Especially when we have 2 players claiming the same role?

Hopefully this formatting makes sense.

We've got plenty of time haha. Has there been a D1 this long? I was expecting it to be tonight not tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Not sure exactly why but this reads really odd to me

I haven't seen a game on here where D1 was this long, figured I'd point it out. 

No vote.

Saving this for later 

It's a little later. I believe at this point in time SwAg had raised some concerns about the double-claim. I was willing to let the situation play out. It appears SwAg is now certain that Orca is 100% civ. I'm inclined to believe them or they're playing chess and we're all playing checkers. Granted, I still don't like the double-claim but I'm willing to ride it out for a little bit, especially is Orca is our civ protector. 

So SwAg and Orca are both saying they're Ricky's friend? Am I interpreting that correctly?

I’d be interested in the time stamp between this and swags post about his character 

SwAg claim at 3:59, my post at 4:00. Bored at work and wrapping up for the day was in the thread and refreshing constantly. I'd think it is kind of a big thing to have a claim and a CC. If you were that curious you could've looked it up yourself.

7 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

An Orca D1 lynch would make Matts and SwAg happy I'm sure. I can get behind an Orca or Whicker lynch.

See response to Whicker, should, hopefully, be a few posts above this. 

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I haven't seen a game on here where D1 was this long, figured I'd point it out. 

It's a little later. I believe at this point in time SwAg had raised some concerns about the double-claim. I was willing to let the situation play out. It appears SwAg is now certain that Orca is 100% civ. I'm inclined to believe them or they're playing chess and we're all playing checkers. Granted, I still don't like the double-claim but I'm willing to ride it out for a little bit, especially is Orca is our civ protector. 

SwAg claim at 3:59, my post at 4:00. Bored at work and wrapping up for the day was in the thread and refreshing constantly. I'd think it is kind of a big thing to have a claim and a CC. If you were that curious you could've looked it up yourself.

See response to Whicker, should, hopefully, be a few posts above this. 

It didn’t have an exact time, just said 3 hours earlier. 

As to ted no vote, I was just making note for myself. 

Archived