Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Lions @ Bears GDT

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

1) Mitch never told PFT anything. They are misquoting Mitch's presser today when asked about criticism. At no point was Lombardi, or anyone's else's name even brought up and Mitch never said anything closely resembling those words.

2) Notice how they put that quote in the tweet but not in the article itself. That is strictly for retweets because they know most people will believe everything and will not fact check.

I was glad to see Mitch have a near flawless game but don't believe everything you read on the internet. Florio is well known for spreading false info, making up quotes and/or using mis-leading titles to for clicks and views. He started out as a D-bag hack and not much has changed. 

Here is Mitch's presser:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1nAKEyPnwlyKL

 

The quote actually IS in the article:

His self-critiques happen without paying attention to external critiques. Asked about the harsh assessment of his play from former NFL executive Mike Lombardi, Trubisky initially said, “I’m not sure who that is.” Trubisky then said that he liked the fact that his teammates came to his defense.

However, you’re right. Not sure what Florio is saying. He never “initially” said anything.

Edited by beardown3231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The quote actually IS in the article:

His self-critiques happen without paying attention to external critiques. Asked about the harsh assessment of his play from former NFL executive Mike Lombardi, Trubisky initially said, “I’m not sure who that is.” Trubisky then said that he liked the fact that his teammates came to his defense.

Good for them. Why was the same twitter title that baited you and others not in the headline? You know why....because it don't exist. Go watch the presser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Good for them. Why was the same twitter title that baited you and others not in the headline? You know why....because it don't exist. Go watch the presser.

I guess you missed my edit.

By the way, if you read the article, he says that he spoke to Trubisky after the game via phone which is when he said it, NOT in the press conference.

Edited by beardown3231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I guess you missed my edit.

By the way, if you read the article, he says that he spoke to Trubisky after the game via phone which is when he said it.

Florio is a joke man. He started out as a free lance nobody and would use his "sources" to try and beat other reporters to the punch. The problem was, his sources were often wrong. Then he was right on a few of them regarding the draft and started to get national attention from there. While also routinely mis-quoting players and putting words in their mouth. NBC saw how many views his website was getting at the time (before the internet really blew up) and offered him a platform and job. 

Things like this are nothing to new to him and his crew man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miller and Robinson both with over 100 yards receiving. Anyone have a guess as to when the last time the Bears had 2 WR with over 100 yards receiving? I'm thinking maybe Jeffrey and Marshall? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to wgns postgame from yesterday its hilarious.  They are ripping on Whitehair, who hs been arguably the bears best lineman this year.  They are saying Tru was all dink and dunk until yesterday.  That Nagy is going to end up costing the Bears big time.  You would think the Bears lost by 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the condensed game today. Halfway through the 2nd quarter Golloday makes a first down catch and spins the ball. No penalty. Hmmmmmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pool said:

Watching the condensed game today. Halfway through the 2nd quarter Golloday makes a first down catch and spins the ball. No penalty. Hmmmmmmm.

Robinson spun the ball on one of his TD’s.

However, Nagy said today that when Miller spun the ball, it apparently hit the ref in the leg. He said Miller has to stop doing that or get better at spinning it with a grin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Robinson spun the ball on one of his TD’s.

However, Nagy said today that when Miller spun the ball, it apparently hit the ref in the leg. He said Miller has to stop doing that or get better at spinning it with a grin.

No he said it bounced off Millers knee and went towards they opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nads786 said:

@WindyCity

When can we expect reviews from you?

He has already posted them, he doesn't seem to post them as much here anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

He has already posted them, he doesn't seem to post them as much here anymore.

Can you PM me where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope the Bears resign Massie, he’s a top 12 RT in the league with durability and continuity with the team. You absolutely will not upgrade that via this FA class or pick 75+ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

He has already posted them, he doesn't seem to post them as much here anymore.

Can you pm me where he posts them please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

Can you PM me where?

 

45 minutes ago, Pool said:

Can you pm me where he posts them please?

You should have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×