Week 10 GDT: Patriots @ Titans

Titans fan 617

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

@TitanLegend I forgor your initial point. Reading your first post from last night again it seems you meant the only team that is satisfied is the one who wins the SB that year, which is true. No one is satisfied unless they win it all and it starts all over the next year.

This is very true. In the end, only one team is happy and the rest are looking up to the top. 
You can take home your participation trophy for playoffs, AFC Championship, Divisional, Winning Record, Top Offense/Defense, more wins than the previous season, etc.... whatever someone wants to hang their hat on...

But at the end,  one team is truly happy, while the rest rationalize their season to ease their fanhood. 

Tom is gonna go at Malcom this weekend. Double moves. Quick outs. Everything. Dude has to step up. But outside that we have a top 5 defense. Fewest points allowed. But NE is avg 30 points a game so it should be fun. I also think now that Marcus is getting into a grove cause say what you want he played amazing Monday night in a LOUD building with a lot on the line. I think he and lewis can get the running game going. And the screen game will be huge. 

Hoping for a good game. After this game there isnt a team left that we shouldnt beat. And Houston has to fall apart at some point. Hoping the skins can beat them in two weeks then we sweep them the week after. 

So going back to look at the divisional playoff game last year. 

Differences:

We don't have Tye Smith, Cyp, Klug, Walden and Sylvester Williams as our starters. 

We have gotten faster at our LB spot. 

We have gotten faster at WR but less reliable and consistent. 

The game got away from us in the third quarter specifically. Our offense went into the crapper after a decent first half. 

Dion Lewis really killed us and now we have him. 

There is room for much improvement. But also small room for optimism. 

We are a better coached team this year. Players and playing with more discipline. Not being penalized and doing their job with more consistency. 

This game came be competitive or could get away from us. Here's to hoping we are on our game. 

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I just want LaFleur to start passing in early downs. So annoying watching us grind out three yards every single first down 

he did a better job of that against the cowboys, but yeah i think he could still mix it up more than he does

I expect the Patriots to really focus on taking away Mariota's ability to run. I think they will make that emphasis #1. I think they will try to make Mariota 100% beat them with his arm because he hasn't shown the ability to do that consistently.

Our focus should be on taking James White out of their passing game.

Based on what each team has shown us, I don't expect to be in this game.

15 hours ago, AteBoxx said:

Titans are actually the least penalized team in the NFL so far which says something about the coaching and the discipline of this team.

2nd least penalized team? NE. Maybe our whole follow in the Pats footsteps approach is paying off. 

You guys must be cheating. 

5 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I expect the Patriots to really focus on taking away Mariota's ability to run. I think they will make that emphasis #1. I think they will try to make Mariota 100% beat them with his arm because he hasn't shown the ability to do that consistently.

I completely agree, I would be disappointed if we didn't focus on this, because it's a legitimate way to hurt us. We won't stop him picking up yards (or even TDs...see Trubisky) but if we can limit it and make it uncomfortable for him, that would be a start.

5 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Our focus should be on taking James White out of their passing game.

The 'scheme' or 'system' that people refer to is simply having options. The idea is that if a D takes away White, for example, we should have Edelman sitting in space, or Gronk one a linebacker or whatever. Teams seem to be ceding the underneath to White (probably because it's underneath i.e not at the down line) but he's good at making the first defender miss. It would be interesting to finally see a team aim to take White away from us. Hasn't happened yet. 

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The 'scheme' or 'system' that people refer to is simply having options. The idea is that if a D takes away White, for example, we should have Edelman sitting in space, or Gronk one a linebacker or whatever. Teams seem to be ceding the underneath to White (probably because it's underneath i.e not at the down line) but he's good at making the first defender miss. It would be interesting to finally see a team aim to take White away from us. Hasn't happened yet. 

I mean, that's what every team wants to do. The Patriots just have Tom Brady so they are able to execute it. That's what happens when you have the goat.

I'm not saying they can take him away, but it should be our #1 emphasis. Edelman will probably be matched up with Logan Ryan the entire game and he has been fire for us covering the slot, so I don't know if there's a more complicated gameplan for him than that.

This year, if I have to choose between focusing Gronk or White, I'd choose White just because of how consistently productive he has been. I'm not sure what impact Gronk's injury has this week, but I wouldn't go to bracketing him until he's beating us consistently.

Jackson and Butler will just have to step up against Gordon on the outside.

I'm not sure how a team even goes aboout focusing a RB in the passing game. You can't give him the attention of more than one defender. Some teams will put a safety on him instead of a LBer and we could see that with Byard or Vaccaro.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I mean, that's what every team wants to do. The Patriots just have Tom Brady so they are able to execute it. That's what happens when you have the goat.

I'm not saying they can take him away, but it should be our #1 emphasis. Edelman will probably be matched up with Logan Ryan the entire game and he has been fire for us covering the slot, so I don't know if there's a more complicated gameplan for him than that.

This year, if I have to choose between focusing Gronk or White, I'd choose White just because of how consistently productive he has been. I'm not sure what impact Gronk's injury has this week, but I wouldn't go to bracketing him until he's beating us consistently.

Jackson and Butler will just have to step up against Gordon on the outside.

I'm not sure how a team even goes aboout focusing a RB in the passing game. You can't give him the attention of more than one defender. Some teams will put a safety on him instead of a LBer and we could see that with Byard or Vaccaro.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. I don't know how to take a RB out of the passing game, but I know that we have some of the most (probably THE most) motion before snap plays in the book - I guess they're options for Brady to use for him to get the best match up. White is often out wide, in the slot, and then moves across, or back to his HB spot. Edelman is constantly in motion. Vrabel is hella smart though, so will be a good chess match. 

Who takes Gordon?

Archived