Joe Flacco Hip Injury

DreamKid

9 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Perhaps. I think for at least one more week, Harbaugh can plausibly keep starting Lamar without actually wading into the conversation of who he prefers between the two simply by using Flacco's injury as cover and saying he's not 100% yet and that's why he's not back yet. If Lamar has a stinker next week, it's easier to pull him for Flacco at that point, and if Lamar has another solid game/we pick up another win, I think you've got enough momentum at that point to just say you don't want to mess with a good thing. 

Beyond the fact that we've played pretty well on offense these past 2 weeks that will probably factor in Harbaugh's mind is that you could argue that even more than making the playoffs this year, his future in Baltimore probably comes down to whether he can convince DeCosta and Bisciotti that he and his staff are best positioned to develop Lamar moving forward. If he hooks Lamar this week and Flacco does his normal inconsistent Flacco thing and we end up missing the playoffs, then Harbaugh is a dead man walking. But if he sticks with Lamar, even if we miss the playoffs, if we see enough growth/promise from Lamar, that may be enough to buy him another year with the promise of a fresh start/new QB. 

Which is to say - I don't think it necessarily benefits John Harbaugh to tie his own job security to Joe Flacco's, and he may know that already. 

could be. i guess come Sunday we will know how hot Harbaughs seat really is or how hot he believes it is, IF Flacco is back from the injury report and still not starting. if he starts Jackson he obviously feels significant pressure to make the playoffs or be gone. regular John would not start Jackson with a healthy Flacco.

11 hours ago, berlin calling said:

could be. i guess come Sunday we will know how hot Harbaughs seat really is or how hot he believes it is, IF Flacco is back from the injury report and still not starting. if he starts Jackson he obviously feels significant pressure to make the playoffs or be gone. regular John would not start Jackson with a healthy Flacco.

I'm not sure this necessarily logic follows.  I think one could easily suggest that there's a good chance Flacco gives them the best chance to win now and starting Lamar would signal he believes he'll be here for at least another year with Jackson.  I think you're making a heavy assumption that John doesn't believe that Joe gives him the best chance to win on Sunday.

Just now, RavensfanRD said:

I was in my mother's hospital room ready to cry if we drafted Ryan over Flacco.*

This is a true story*

What a disaster we avoided! 

First time I knew I wanted Flacco was when he was at the college skills competition they showed on ESPN at the time. It had all the draftees and on the Arm Strength battle all the other QBs just laughed and stood back like total Cucks as Joe stepped up and bombed it like 70+ with little effort.

11 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I'm not sure this necessarily logic follows.  I think one could easily suggest that there's a good chance Flacco gives them the best chance to win now and starting Lamar would signal he believes he'll be here for at least another year with Jackson.  I think you're making a heavy assumption that John doesn't believe that Joe gives him the best chance to win on Sunday.

i do believe LJ gives them a better chance to succeed against a Falcons team which cannot stop anything on D.

rely on the run game and burn clock to not let Jones/Ridley burn you, simple as that.

Well, with Flacco back and practicing, it will be interesting to see if we start him come Sunday. I don’t envy the position that Harbaugh is in right now with that decision. He either has to bench a rookie that just won him back to back games or keep the veteran QB on the bench that grew at QB while he grew as a HC, someone I’m sure there’s much loyalty towards. And either way, he’ll have to live with consequences that at the end of the day could cost him his job. High pressure decision for sure.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/joe-flacco-returns-to-practice-for-first-time-since-hip-injury

If Flacco is 100% you can play him on a short leash. That'll work out much better for you than playing Lamar on a short leash. Otherwise, you can start Lamar guilt-free if Flacco isn't 100% by this Sunday (and he won't be). IMHO it's not really a tough decision when Flacco's health is the main factor here.

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah this is gonna be an easy decision to start Lamar.

If we lose --> Season's over anyways so roll with Lamar going forward. 

If we win --> Lamar's won 3 straight and you can't turn back now.

Yup. Exactly how I see it. Lamar's team now.

Archived