Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

13 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

So it looks like the "NBD, Dolphins offense will do this to a lot of teams" excuse a lot of Ravens fans had after they obliterated our defense week 2 isn't really holding up, because they've been pretty contained/held down against the 3 other teams they've played so far instead of us. They put up 13 offensive points against the Pats, 21 on the Bills, and 15 on the Bengals.

Our defense is just bad, plain and simple.

Not that I don’t agree with the point of our defense sucking, but this feels incredibly disingenuous.

Tua led 2/3 scoring drives vs the Bills before getting knocked out. Then he hasn’t been the same since then. So comparing the Bridgewater and zombie Tua version of that offense to the previous version is completely nonsensical.

Our defense certainly hasn’t been good, but two things can be true. This defense sucks and it’s possible that offense when healthy might’ve caused NFL defenses fits.

20 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not that I don’t agree with the point of our defense sucking, but this feels incredibly disingenuous.

Tua led 2/3 scoring drives vs the Bills before getting knocked out. Then he hasn’t been the same since then. So comparing the Bridgewater and zombie Tua version of that offense to the previous version is completely nonsensical.

Our defense certainly hasn’t been good, but two things can be true. This defense sucks and it’s possible that offense when healthy might’ve caused NFL defenses fits.

And what about the 13 points against the Pats when he was fully healthy? It’s more disingenuous to think 2 scoring drives against the Bills is more indicative than the rest of the season up to this point. It’s not nonsensical, it’s the data we have up to this point. 

But go ahead and argue just to argue lol

Edited by Ray Reed

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

1. And what about the 13 points against the Pats when he was fully healthy? It’s more disingenuous to think 2 scoring drives against the Bills is more indicative than the rest of the season up to this point. It’s not nonsensical, it’s the data we have up to this point. 

But go ahead and argue just to argue lol

1) The first game of the year is historically an outlier for teams as they try and get into groove.
- New HC
- Young QB in new system
- BB is notoriously difficult to beat when he’s got time.
- Pats defense so far has only not held up against the Lamar offense, how it performs against the Packers will provide a strong data point as to whether their defense is for real or if our offense is just the outlier. So far not enough data. Though historically the defense is top 10’ish and that’s what this seasons data is showing so far.

2) Just to be clear with your logic, you’re including Zombie Tua into your analysis of “the rest of the season”?

3) Notice how I’ve not actually argued for or against Miami having a legitimately explosive offense. I tend to think the offense was getting overrated based off the communication issues within our defense.

However the difference is I’m willing to wait for more workable data vs your tendency to chest thump after small sample sizes with inconsistent data sets.

But hey, as you were.

Edited by diamondbull424

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

1) The first game of the year is historically an outlier for teams as they try and get into groove.
- New HC
- Young QB in new system
- BB is notoriously difficult to beat when he’s got time.
- Pats defense so far has only not held up against the Lamar offense, how it performs against the Packers will provide a strong data point as to whether their defense is for real or if our offense is just the outlier. So far not enough data. Though historically the defense is top 10’ish and that’s what this seasons data is showing so far.

2) Just to be clear with your logic, you’re including Zombie Tua into your analysis of “the rest of the season”?

3) Notice how I’ve not actually argued for or against Miami having a legitimately explosive offense. I tend to think the offense was getting overrated based off the communication issues within our defense.

However the difference is I’m willing to wait for more workable data vs your tendency to chest thump after small sample sizes with inconsistent data sets.

But hey, as you were.

lol alright man

you're not actually disagreeing with the operative point that our defense stinks, just that if you ignore reality and set up a bunch of excuses and qualifiers and alternate realities that maybe miami’s offense hasn’t been held down against every team but us - or something.

point taken, good stuff, glad you took the time 👌🏼

Edited by Ray Reed

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

lol alright man

1. you're not actually disagreeing with the operative point that our defense stinks, just that if you ignore reality and set up a bunch of excuses and qualifiers and alternate realities that maybe miami’s offense hasn’t been held down against every team but us - or something.

3. point taken, good stuff, glad you took the time 👌🏼

1. Exactly. Said that in my first post.

2. A bunch of emotional babbling that I won’t entertain.

3. Absolutely. Glad to be of service.
GIF by Westworld HBO

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

1. Exactly. Said that in my first post.

2. A bunch of emotional babbling that I won’t entertain.

3. Absolutely. Glad to be of service.
GIF by Westworld HBO

Just par for the course with your posting tbh.

Remember this summer when I said no shot Stanley plays before week 4, and then you proceeded to type out an entire essay based on a MADE UP REHAB REGIMENT YOU CREATED you thought Stanley was following to prove I’d be wrong and that he’d be back earlier? 😂😂😂

Typically how things go around here. You make up fantasy scenarios to discredit info right in front of your eyes, and I end up being right. Love our interactions 

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Remember this summer when I said no shot Stanley plays before week 4, and then you proceeded to type out an entire essay based on a MADE UP REHAB REGIMENT YOU CREATED you thought Stanley was following to prove I’d be wrong and that he’d be back earlier? 😂😂😂

Typically how things go around here. You make up fantasy scenarios to discredit info right in front of your eyes, and I end up being right. Love our interactions 

Yeah I’m sure that’s exactly what happened, what you said, and what I said.🙄

Let’s just consult the forum search feature for the actual verbiage:

I think we’d be best served as fans to just not even expect Stanley back at LT at this point.

His return isn’t “imminent” and the season is 6 weeks away...if he was even remotely close to coming back, I don’t see why a 2-3 week difference would matter with an injury that was last operated on months and months ago. He’s either ready to play football this year or not, and it sounds like he’s not. 

It just doesn’t feel like there’s a logical reason why the team wouldn’t let him practice now, but would let him practice like 2/3 weeks from now (which is prob the minimum he’d need to play week 1) other than the fact that he physically isn’t able to play. What difference at this point would 2-3 weeks more make for this injury? Hate to say it, but I think he’s done.

1) No where in your response did you mention “week 4” as you claim above. You mentioned him being done (presumably his career or at least for this season) and not ready to play this season. So you’re confirmed as lying about what you said.

I tend to disagree. The team has seemed higher on the injury this season than last and have already stated they’re going to take things slow with him vs rush him back. They’re sitting JK Dobbins even though he himself thinks he’s ready, so I think they’re being extra cautious with our studs. Throw in the fact that Ronnie tried to return early last year and I don’t strike him as the Eugene Monroe type that will milk an injury to Graceland anymore.

Personally I kind of feel like the nature of the injury probably had different phases. Eg:

Phase 1- Heal
Phase 2- Recover/PT
Phase 3- Extended flexibility/ROM
Phase 4- Strength training
Phase 5- Professional conditioning
Phase 6- Play professionally

It sounds like back in April Stanley was probably somewhere around Phase 3 as everything seemed to be functionally good.

I’d guess he’s now somewhere between phase 4&5, building up the NFL strength and explosiveness that made him an All Pro and now slowly working towards the kind of cardio that will allow him to pass the Ravens conditioning test legitimately.

Logically there would be no reason for him to practice when the team would be better served evaluating our contingency options at LT and allow them to gel just in case Stanley can’t be at 100% by week 1 we have options and can start him on he PUP until he’s back to a PB caliber level. JMO.

2. Notice how I never said I thought Stanley would be back for early in the season. In fact, I stated that it would be smart (ie logical) to allow multiple OT options to rotate in at LT for them to gel and/or be evaluated in the event that Stanley can’t be ready for week one. I considered it a very likely possibility. However unlike you, I didn’t think it an ‘All or Nothing’ proposition. 

If Stanley is back at 100% after our bye week and comes back at an All Pro level, yet we found a way to survive until his return, what difference does it make. He’d be fresh for a playoff run and might give this team some very needed momentum.

So this confirms that you were lying about what I said as well.

But hey in this social media age, why not lie for clout amirite? But hey, I’ve got enough bad takes on this forum that you really didn’t even need to lie. You could’ve gone with the classic “Orlando Brown Jr won’t be traded for less than a 1st round pick else I’ll quit being a fan” or the “Brian Brohm is the best QB in this draft class, he’s better than Ryan and Flacco.”
(granted I got Lamar right so I’ll take that one to the bank.)

I understand we pull our Guards a lot in different schemes and we need a guy with at least a bit of quickness but my goodness, with how good Faalele has played, why not give him a go at LG beside Stanley when he's healthy? Powers has been 50/50. I don't see the harm in sprinkling in Faalele to see if he can adapt there. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I understand we pull our Guards a lot in different schemes and we need a guy with at least a bit of quickness but my goodness, with how good Faalele has played, why not give him a go at LG beside Stanley when he's healthy? Powers has been 50/50. I don't see the harm in sprinkling in Faalele to see if he can adapt there. 

I wouldn’t be against it, he’s big and tall and from a leverage perspective that might not serve him well on the inside, but Ben Cleveland is also big and tall.

I feel his size could also help to block defenders from seeing when Lamar is looking to pass and could prevent them from getting their hands up and batting balls in the passing lanes.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:41 PM, wackywabbit said:

Disagree with you completely that we wouldn't get 3+ firsts plus in an offer for Lamar. When shopping around, it's not the buyer who values the asset the least that sets the price, but the highest bid. Lamar still has some haters, but the whole league doesn't have that opinion by a long shot. Even if some (incorrectly) think Lamar is not a superstar, enough people around the the league know he is. Can't imagine he wouldn't get more than Wilson (given huge age gap) or Watson (given ...).

I also don't think he moves anywhere and a deal with get done eventually. I don't care about price, and I actually don't know why fully guaranteed matters much. What is the percentage of monster QB contracts that end up with the player getting cut anyway? That's when guaranteed matters. We haven't even seen Goff or Wentz cut yet. Flacco wasn't. So they're getting the contract value anyway. From a team perspective we'd only cut Lamar if he took a major injury or step down, but if that happens then we aren't rebounding competing for a SB within the <5 years left on the deal anyway. Maybe the owner feels bad paying so much to a player who isn't helping us win during a rebuild, but why do fans care? Just lose the opportunity to sign a couple splashy free agents to prop up our irrelevant QB-less team.

Imagine... having to defend to RAVENS FANS that the young MVP QB we have has more value than WASHED WILSON and a literal sexual predator 😆

Tag him until the the tag is greater than the salary cap, IDGAF

On 10/2/2022 at 12:03 PM, Ray Reed said:

So Stanley looked pretty good yesterday. Turns out not throwing him into the fire before he was ready and allowing him to build up to his return wasn’t a bad thing (I suppose that’s the made up regimen you were referring to).

Also turns out allowing multiple other guys to play LT in training camp came in handy as well.

Or are you still under the impression that Stanley’s “done” because he wasn’t able to practice with the 1s during training camp? I suppose it wasn’t an all or nothing proposition after all? 🤔 

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So Stanley looked pretty good yesterday. Turns out not throwing him into the fire before he was ready and allowing him to build up to his return wasn’t a bad thing (I suppose that’s the made up regimen you were referring to).

Also turns out allowing multiple other guys to play LT in training camp came in handy as well.

Or are you still under the impression that Stanley’s “done” because he wasn’t able to practice with the 1s during training camp? I suppose it wasn’t an all or nothing proposition after all? 🤔 

He played 22 snaps yesterday - 34%. It’s week 5. People were talking in the off-season like he could be back week 1. If he gets through an entire season without milking another injury, we’ll talk then 👌🏼