Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I was worried Wink was bitter about being fired and would put a bounty on Lamar.

A bounty?..... That would be incredibly extreme, no?

Being bitter about getting fired is one thing, but being an amoral scumbag seeking to maim another human/former friend seems like a quantum leap for a guy like Wink. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Being bitter about getting fired is one thing, but being an amoral scumbag seeking to maim another human/former friend seems like a quantum leap for a guy like Wink. 

RT lmao

On 10/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, DreamKid said:

Maybe bounty is the wrong word. However there are teams such as the Steelers who aggressively tackle Lamar after he hands the ball off. There is no doubt in my mind that stems from the HC and DC who instill in their players to hit Lamar hard and often and would not be upset if he was injured because of it.  

I agree I don't think Wink would do that, I just didn't know how what his state of mind was post firing (or "mutual parting"). Seems like its pretty good. 

And while agree it seems amoral to have bounties, let's not pretend that great teams of Ravens past no doubt had bounties or similar incentives. It's been a part of football for a long time, and probably still is. 

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No matter what anyone says about Kyler Murray, at least the Cardinals FO is doing literally everything possible to get him the best weapons. Can't say the same for this front office.

A lot of the teams with young QBs have done very well, especially the Eagles. I'm EDCs biggest advocate but I'm starting to lose patience. 

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No matter what anyone says about Kyler Murray, at least the Cardinals FO is doing literally everything possible to get him the best weapons. Can't say the same for this front office.

Bruh… I’m so angry about the fact that we just don’t seem to care… If we play out this season and act as if we can depend on the draft to build our roster we are fooling ourselves… in the four drafts post Ozzie stepping down we have consistently got excellent grades from pundits but if we’re honest… Devin Duvernay is the only draft pick to have earned the right to a second contract at this point… We have a good team but to get to next level we need to adapt to the times instead of just doing it “our way”

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

Bruh… I’m so angry about the fact that we just don’t seem to care… If we play out this season and act as if we can depend on the draft to build our roster we are fooling ourselves… in the four drafts post Ozzie stepping down we have consistently got excellent grades from pundits but if we’re honest… Devin Duvernay is the only draft pick to have earned the right to a second contract at this point… We have a good team but to get to next level we need to adapt to the times instead of just doing it “our way”

and even duvernay has proven he's basically nothing more than a WR3/return man. The great teams (in any sport) go out and GET players to put them over the top.

We don't.

Harbaugh has become an objectively worse coach since he’s transitioned from “young hard a$$ who is too tough on the veterans” to “loveable old players coach who doesn’t raise his voice”.

Yeah, the 2012 Ravens had a mutiny mid-season because of how rigid he was, but that was at least an era when we were getting to the divisional/afc championship every year. Maybe him being so tough was what pushed guys.

Just feels like he’s lost his fire, and with it - a lot of accountability from the players has fallen by the way side

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Harbaugh has become an objectively worse coach since he’s transitioned from “young hard a$$ who is too tough on the veterans” to “loveable old players coach who doesn’t raise his voice”.

Yeah, the 2012 Ravens had a mutiny mid-season because of how rigid he was, but that was at least an era when we were getting to the divisional/afc championship every year. Maybe him being so tough was what pushed guys.

Just feels like he’s lost his fire, and with it - a lot of accountability from the players has fallen by the way side

I agree and am reminded of this exchange between Harbaugh and Lamar:

Can you imagine Bill Parcells or Belichick ever sucking up to a QB this much? Once the HC becomes a fanboy of the QB, it's over. I understand why it happened, Lamar saved Harbaugh's job and Harbaugh has probably cashed about $40 million because of it. But it undermines his credibility as HC. 

• Like 2