Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

blocking. he's not a threat at all receiving.

Well he’s a threat to double catch or drop the ball that leads to a pick. Likely is easily superior with his hands and YAC.

Oliver is big and tall with a small catch radius because of his slow reaction time. He’s so frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

People in here are going to blast this as totally untrue speculation but this completely matches the shift in tone and energy i’ve seen from him this year on the field/sidelines/pressers etc 🤷🏻‍♂️

The reason I don't believe this is not because it's outlandish (it's really not), it's because someone who is a credible source wouldn't just leak this to Skip Bayless without any other insider knowing about it as well. And until I hear this come from someone who is actually respected, I'm not going to give it any merit.

Skip Bayless can step on a lego.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The reason I don't believe this is not because it's outlandish (it's really not), it's because someone who is a credible source wouldn't just leak this to Skip Bayless without any other insider knowing about it as well. And until I hear this come from someone who is actually respected, I'm not going to give it any merit.

Skip Bayless can step on a lego.

We’ll see if anything more comes out in the coming days...there’s been chatter on 105.7 for a few weeks now about going through the motions but i trust the hosts on that station less than skip bayless lol

Was looking up different players on twitter just to see what people are saying or if there's any specific clips to look at yet, and I came across this obvious double troll post from two different accounts that no doubt have the same owner-

His shirtless white guy account(joined Oct 22')-

His shirtless black guy account(joined Sept 22')-

Has to be the same guy, or products of the same twitter bot program. Either way, soooo cringe. 

This is BS, Panthers are just trying juice the price for their most valuable players. Very few of the best teams in football have even 3 truly untouchable players, a bottom feeder like Carolina certainly doesn't have 4+.

Jaycee Horn makes a lot of sense for us. 22 YO, rookie deal, high end man coverage ability/potential inside n out, and he's really physical for the position(plays like a Raven).

Trade for him and put him in the slot right away, then he can fill in for whoever gets injured outside.

I'd argue that there are two bigger issues

1) Whether EDC would even part with reasonably high value draft picks to acquire someone like Jeudy or Moore
2) Whether GRo would even use them given he seems to need Ricard + one blocking TE on the field for a majority of snaps

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

1) Whether EDC would even part with reasonably high value draft picks to acquire someone like Jeudy or Moore

Biggest names we've been attached to in trade rumors since EDC took over have been Jalen Ramsey, Xavien Howard, and Jadeveon Clowney in that sign and trade deal the league office stopped two years ago. All would have involved early round picks. So, who knows? 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Biggest names we've been attached to in trade rumors since EDC took over have been Jalen Ramsey, Xavien Howard, and Jadeveon Clowney in that sign and trade deal the league office stopped two years ago. All would have involved early round picks. So, who knows? 🤷‍♂️

None of them happened though.  For all we know EDC is that guy in every fantasy league that is constantly asking for your best players but only wants to give trash in return

What we do know is that he's said that he really values picks, even to the point that he wished he had that 2nd round pick in 2019 that was used in the trade to get the pick used on Lamar.  Has he ever traded anything higher than a 5th rounder for a player before?

26 minutes ago, drd23 said:

None of them happened though.  For all we know EDC is that guy in every fantasy league that is constantly asking for your best players but only wants to give trash in return

What we do know is that he's said that he really values picks, even to the point that he wished he had that 2nd round pick in 2019 that was used in the trade to get the pick used on Lamar.  Has he ever traded anything higher than a 5th rounder for a player before?

Only reason the Clowney deal didn't happen was because the league stopped it. EDC also traded for Yannnick Ngakoue, which cost us a 3rd+. 

I remember what he said about that 2nd Rounder, but DeCosta was the person who forced the Lamar trade up in the first place- so clearly if he values the player enough he'll make a move...despite how much he loves draft picks.