2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

I've got mixed feelings about Suh.  He's going to be expensive and I don't dig the fact that his motor isn't always running.  But dang, when his motor is running, he's dominate.  IMO LAR shoring up their run defense late last year and in the playoffs was the result of Suh flipping on his "I'll give a SH!t now" switch.  

Without a doubt. He was the best player on that defense in the playoffs. Helps having Donald beside you, but he looked like the player from early in his career

6 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Without a doubt. He was the best player on that defense in the playoffs. Helps having Donald beside you, but he looked like the player from early in his career

It happens to some players who suddenly realize they're on the B-side of the album - close to the closing song - and they can finally smell a SB ring.

16 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Haven't the RFA and ERFA tenders gotten larger in recent years, making them less attractive as a pure "retain this player" option?  As in, a lot of times you can just sign the guy to a smaller contract if you don't tender them.

I'm always wrong with this stuff but I don't believe you can get any cheaper than the erfa tag, RFA yes

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm always wrong with this stuff but I don't believe you can get any cheaper than the erfa tag, RFA yes

Oh, right the RFA tender is tied to the salary cap (cap goes up, RFA tenders go up) but your ERFAs don't get tendered, the club that holds their rights just has exclusive negotiating rights.  Effectively you control them by "offering them any kind of contract the CBA allows"... so the minimum.

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think you’re right. RFA is not as cheap. We’ve declined to render a player as a RFA before and then given them a 1-yr min deal.

Has anybody been keeping tabs on Landon Collins social media activity? I know the other day he commented on a picture of HaHa, which was taken while he still was playing in Green Bay, and Collins commented "I thought that was me." I believe HaHa commented something along the lines of "you'll love it there." Today there was a video of him shouting out to somebody/something ending it with "Go Pack Go."  There is also a picture of instagram of him holding green Mike and Ikes and Blue Mike and Ikes saying "decisions decisions." Not saying it should be taken that seriously, but kind of fun to think about. 

8 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Has anybody been keeping tabs on Landon Collins social media activity? I know the other day he commented on a picture of HaHa, which was taken while he still was playing in Green Bay, and Collins commented "I thought that was me." I believe HaHa commented something along the lines of "you'll love it there." Today there was a video of him shouting out to somebody/something ending it with "Go Pack Go."  There is also a picture of instagram of him holding green Mike and Ikes and Blue Mike and Ikes saying "decisions decisions." Not saying it should be taken that seriously, but kind of fun to think about. 

https://gyazo.com/ef83ddad613099aad11095393ede0377

Most importantly look at that carpet next to him. My man clearly a fan of the green and gold colors loooool

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

We all will be sir. We all will be.

I mean, sure the Packers are like 11th in cap space, but have you looked at how much Indy($106m), the Jets ($95m), Cleveland ($81m), Jaguars ($80m), and Houston ($74m) have to spend?  I'm pretty sure you just don't want to be in the deep end of that pool right away.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, sure the Packers are like 11th in cap space, but have you looked at how much Indy($106m), the Jets ($95m), Cleveland ($81m), Jaguars ($80m), and Houston ($74m) have to spend?  I'm pretty sure you just don't want to be in the deep end of that pool right away.

Not suggesting I do and I'm well aware that there are teams with far more cap space and a need at the very same positions we have a need for heading into free agency as well. I'm merely stating that the build-up of all this Landon Collins stuff is exciting because he makes it sound like this is where he wants to be. However, ultimately I and others are prepared to be disappointed when we don't pony up the money that these more cap flushed teams will be willing to pay. Understandably on our end. It's just fun to envision him in our backfield and it's nice to see a player look like they WANT to be in Green Bay when all we hear on these forums is players don't want to play for a small market team like Green Bay. 

Archived