2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

Assuming CM3 is gone as well, what do you guys think our starting front 7 looks like next year?

Base 3-4

Smith/Daniels/Clark/Lowry/Smith
Martinez/Draft Pick

Nickel (which is really base)

Smith/Daniels/Clark/Smith
Martinez/Burks or Draft Pick

We get 10m from Daniels, 7.5 from Bulaga, 6m from Tramon, about 5m from Crosby, can cut Graham for 8m and get 11 back from Perry. Add in the cap usually growing another 10m every year and another rollover, we're quite healthy. We could probably be in the market for 1-2 impact guys next year.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

daniels expendable?

The sack numbers don't show it, but some stats I've seen on "win percentage" were still very good for him last year. I wouldn't even think of moving on from him. If you want to lower his number this year, just add a year on, lower his hit this year and kick some money to 2020.

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

I wouldn’t mind a FS. Boston would look great (assume he hasn’t signed) the. We have no holes. 

Yea, Boston would be awesome. That would truly let us go BPA in the draft. If we only have Amos, we will probably be looking safety early.

5 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

The sack numbers don't show it, but some stats I've seen on "win percentage" were still very good for him last year. I wouldn't even think of moving on from him. If you want to lower his number this year, just add a year on, lower his hit this year and kick some money to 2020.

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. Packers taking the complete dead cap blow now for the bigger return in 2020. 

Just means they won't be needing the extra cap space this year. They will recoup the balance of it on next year's cap space. Either way as we could have carried it over. 

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm not touching the Daniels situation at all. We will need him around to help groom the next generation to play alongside Clark.

Let’s hope Daniels has a bounce back season this year in addition to playing the mentor role. 

16 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

The extension would probably start in 2020. I think this is an important factor to consider when analyzing Perry's situation. Take the hit in 2019, clear his space for 2020 and use that space to help extend Kenny Clark. I want this done ASAP (so offseason 2019-20). He's an absolute stud.

We could carry over any unused cap space from 2019. I think we need to look at extending Martinez too. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

We could carry over any unused cap space from 2019. I think we need to look at extending Martinez too. 

I forgot about Martinez. Even then, if Martinez leaves, it's an OBLB, not the end of the world.

4 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I forgot about Martinez. Even then, if Martinez leaves, it's an OBLB, not the end of the world.

He plays a position we've struggled with mightily to fill and he call the defenses. I want him extended, but not for more than 10 a year. 

Counterpoint to not signing him is if we draft White or Bush then we may let him walk. 

Archived