2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean they *could* have had any QB in the draft except Mayfield last year, but they had to take the running back for some darn fool reason.

Can't argue that, Murray would be a potentially rejuvenating player to build a franchise around though. Remember the buzz around RGIII? Imagine if he sustained that (I think he could have had the Redskins not grossly mismanaged him.)

Just now, Dubz41 said:
4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

John Dorsey is a ******* legend 

Stop.  He is living off of the sacrifice of Sasha Smith.  Smith wasn't adept at scouting, but he filled the cupboard with an incredible amount of draft capital that is the underlying Dorksy is looking so good right now.  Wait until OBJ and Landry start complaining about Mayfield and they find out Kitchens isn't the guy to lead this manic boat.

The Odell trade has nothing to do with Sashi. Yes he had an extra 1st round pick last year. 

He also built KC to what they are today. You stop

Man, just when I thought the Browns were making the right decisions.  This was a stupid move.  Don't care how good he is, some receivers just aren't worth having on your team, and I think OBJ is in that territory.

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The Odell trade has nothing to do with Sashi. Yes he had an extra 1st round pick last year. 

He also built KC to what they are today. You stop

And was shown the door?!?  Dark things in Dorsey's closet.  

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Can't argue that, Murray would be a potentially rejuvenating player to build a franchise around though. Remember the buzz around RGIII? Imagine if he sustained that (I think he could have had the Redskins not grossly mismanaged him.)

I mean, the biggest problem is that barring a miracle their current best player (Saquon) is going to be either gone or prohibitively expensive at a non-premium position by the time they are ready to compete for anything.  If they had just taken the Notre Dame guard, you can actually keep high quality offensive linemen on bad teams for the long haul (Joe Thomas played for the Browns for a decade.)  Literally any defensible pick at #2 last year would have been better than Barkley.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, just when I thought the Browns were making the right decisions.  This was a stupid move.  Don't care how good he is, some receivers just aren't worth having on your team, and I think OBJ is in that territory.

OH MY GOD! We have found common ground! 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the biggest problem is that barring a miracle their current best player (Saquon) is going to be either gone or prohibitively expensive at a non-premium position by the time they are ready to compete for anything.  If they had just taken the Notre Dame guard, you can actually keep high quality offensive linemen on bad teams for the long haul (Joe Thomas played for the Browns for a decade.)  Literally any defensible pick at #2 last year would have been better than Barkley.

Opposing DCs: "Okay guys, we're playing Saquon this week. Single high....ten men in the box"

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Giants have been fighting the inevitable for a while now. That's what happens when you have a QB that wants to stick around 3 years too long. They wanted to try to do right by Manning and it's costing them half a decade

Just now, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport: The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford.

gross. I would easily give 2020 2nd and pay Ford 18m over Zadarius Smith at 16.5m

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

The Giants have been fighting the inevitable for a while now. That's what happens when you have a QB that wants to stick around 3 years too long. They wanted to try to do right by Manning and it's costing them half a decade

And McAdoo was the bad guy. Giants couldnt see the forest for the trees.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Slight rephrase....

Thats what happens when you have an organization that doesnt have the guts to move on from their over the hill franchise QB

Archived