WEEK 11 GDT - Steelers at Jaguars

skywlker32

On that AB TD where he basically made the Jaguars look stupid;

t was actually the fault of Tashaun Gipson.  Idk what he was doing, you see him run up to cover AB, I'm going to guess he bit on what he thought was a curl route (maybe it was) but AB who is simply sitting still momentarily starts running a deep route, Gipson seems to have thought that AB run a drag route of some or something (am I using the right route terminology?). 

By the time Gipson realizes AB isn't running to the opposite side line and instead is running deep, AB is long gone and wide open.  Jalen Ramsey basically gives up at the end of the play due to over-pursuing on an attempt to engage.

43 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Believe it or not the Jaguars are a team I dislike just as much as, if not more than, the New England Patriots.  Yeah, Ramsey is good and yeah he made a GREAT play on the first Int thrown, every other Interception that was thrown today was the result of a bad decision and poor throw by Ben, not really due to 'great defensive play', while I'm not trying to take anything away from the Jags, that's the honest to God truth.  

Think about all the dropped passes and poorly thrown passes, as well as the times Ben didn't see the open man, etc and think about how many points we probably left on the field.  Today was absolutely an example of allowing a team that wasn't really offensively good enough to stand a chance to dictate the game and to nearly win.  

It's hilarious to see their fans complain about flags that should've been called when, by the rule and flow of the game, the refs missed a roughing the passer call and at least half a dozen offensive holding calls against the Jags Oline, not to mention all the defensive holding and PI that was going on with Bouye and Ramsey yanking on jerseys in this game.

Maybe we didn't really deserve to win this game, but the fact is, what happened in the last 1:50 of this game is what great teams (or teams with great potential) do, it's also what bad teams like Jags do, fail to close out games and play the full 60 minutes because they feel there's nothing the opposition can do against them, they get comfortable and complacent because guys like Jalen Ramsey and others who blew their coverage against AB think they're ultra Bad Mofo's that can't be beat, even though they got beat.  Heck on the long AB TD Jalen watched him run into the endzone because the Jags for some reason believed the flag was going against Pittsburgh, but the #1 rule on the field is FINISH THE PLAY!

The Steelers have virtually eliminated the Jags from the playoffs, couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

Jalen missed the tackle there on the AB TD. Maybe the coverage wasn't his fault, but missing the tackle was.  Not a major issue considering the tackling into days football is trash anyways

Antonio Browns day by where he lined up:

Right side: 1 catch in 7 attempts

Left side: 3 catches in 5 attempts 

First 4 throws to AB all starting from the right: 0-4, 2 INTs

Biggest plays on the last two drives of the game: 21 yard back shoulder to JuJu (Ramsey on the left) and 25 yards to AB (lined up in the slot, Ramsey covering).

Its amazing the little things that can change when you make guys move, regardless of how good they are. 

14 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Antonio Browns day by where he lined up:

Right side: 1 catch in 7 attempts

Left side: 3 catches in 5 attempts 

First 4 throws to AB all starting from the right: 0-4, 2 INTs

Biggest plays on the last two drives of the game: 21 yard back shoulder to JuJu (Ramsey on the left) and 25 yards to AB (lined up in the slot, Ramsey covering).

Its amazing the little things that can change when you make guys move, regardless of how good they are. 

Except when AB made his biggest play the offense didnt make anyone move, the opposition stayed exactly the same. Tipson made a bad read and reaction against AB and paid dearly for it.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except when AB made his biggest play the offense didnt make anyone move, the opposition stayed exactly the same. Tipson made a bad read and reaction against AB and paid dearly for it.

Think Ramsey makes that mistake against the guy he is told all week he shuts down? Getting AB lined up on someone like a saftey is the point, regardless of breakdown. 

Lined up against a different guy than Ramsey... that’s kind of the point? Get your best guys against other people if at all possible. It makes life easier. Even little things: Making players open their hips the other way,  Making Ramsey or AJ play in the slot where they have to cover you 180 degrees and not just use the sideline for help, force a slot corner to play outside where he has less deep protections, getting safeties like Gipson lined up against your Best player, etc. 

Our best against Ramsey came with him lined up in the slot fighting traffic and on the left as well as success against Bouye when we went to the right. Little things make the biggest difference. 

Man, rewatching the end of the game we could have skipped out on the goal line drama if Ben just looks at Switzer on the play AB beats Ramsey from the slot on the last drive. 

They put JuJu and AB on the right and the Jags match Ramsey and Bouye on the same side, leaving slot corner DJ Hayden alone with Switzer in the left and out of position....and Switzer absolutely roasts him. Games over....but my fantasy team appreciate the little extra AB love. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

On that AB TD where he basically made the Jaguars look stupid;

t was actually the fault of Tashaun Gipson.  Idk what he was doing, you see him run up to cover AB, I'm going to guess he bit on what he thought was a curl route (maybe it was) but AB who is simply sitting still momentarily starts running a deep route, Gipson seems to have thought that AB run a drag route of some or something (am I using the right route terminology?). 

By the time Gipson realizes AB isn't running to the opposite side line and instead is running deep, AB is long gone and wide open.  Jalen Ramsey basically gives up at the end of the play due to over-pursuing on an attempt to engage.

Ben said after the game that Brown went off script. Even he didn't expect him to do what he did on that play. The Jaguars were jumping routes all game and seemed to know what was coming for most of it. They were very, very well prepared for the offense. For instance, the first Ramsey pick - he was in cover 3 with the deep third, but stayed with Brown and undercut that. He shouldn't have been there, based on the coverage.

The aspect of that play that people don't talk about is the protection. Brown ran the play - a curl, and if the rush had been there Ben would have had to have thrown it. So, the Jaguars gambled on the backend counting on their pressure. Brown and Ben made them pay for it.

It's actually a bit like the water cooler play from last year where Brown cut up field. Wasn't really the design of the play, but Ben took the check down. This time, he didn't.

The biggest plays in this game involved some star players going off script.

I wasnt aware people were blaming Ramsey for that one.    Thought it was pretty clear it wasnt his fault....and I would love if it was cuz I cant stand him.

AB couldve had several more catches if Ben played better early in the game.     He flat out missed AB getting wide open, he made 3 bad throws in his direction (the INT's were great plays by Ramsey, but better throws wouldve at least given AB a chance.

Ben has actually held AB back more than anyone this year.    Something about their chemistry seems off compared to previous years, and Ben's accuracy when throwing in his direction has been mediocre at best.

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

AB is  a vet that knows some details thats for  sure. The rub on the game winning drive too, maybe by design, but note how he was adjusting his gloves and mouthguard to distract Jalen just enough to help along the start of the play.  Vets that have the experience learn various tactics to get the win, AB is a good example of that.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wasnt aware people were blaming Ramsey for that one.    Thought it was pretty clear it wasnt his fault....and I would love if it was cuz I cant stand him.

AB couldve had several more catches if Ben played better early in the game.     He flat out missed AB getting wide open, he made 3 bad throws in his direction (the INT's were great plays by Ramsey, but better throws wouldve at least given AB a chance.

Ben has actually held AB back more than anyone this year.    Something about their chemistry seems off compared to previous years, and Ben's accuracy when throwing in his direction has been mediocre at best.

Yet our RZ TD efficiency is near 80% and possibly the highest rate ever (that what Romo and nantz said) . This could be a blessing in disguise, not relying on Bell or AB as much has brought other players into the RZ fold and as a result it is much better than the usual middle or bottom third of the league ranking. We are actually getting TD's instead of FG's or as we have noticed this year FG attempts:o

Ben was terrible for the first 3 quarters, he hasn't been as consistent as other QB's thats for sure. Won ugly today, but it's all good, sometimes that way of winning is what the team needs to wake up.. It was a trap game in a way, the long week after a dominating win, then playing  down to a team, typical tomlin steelers. We got the win,  and what I like most about this team is they don't give up and the team stays together. I wanted them to run Connor for the winning TD to redeem the dropped pass, but Ben got the TD as Feiler jumped out of the way anyways B| 

I was disappointed we abandoned the run earlier in the game. 

10 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Think Ramsey makes that mistake against the guy he is told all week he shuts down? Getting AB lined up on someone like a saftey is the point, regardless of breakdown. 

Lined up against a different guy than Ramsey... that’s kind of the point? Get your best guys against other people if at all possible. It makes life easier. Even little things: Making players open their hips the other way,  Making Ramsey or AJ play in the slot where they have to cover you 180 degrees and not just use the sideline for help, force a slot corner to play outside where he has less deep protections, getting safeties like Gipson lined up against your Best player, etc. 

Our best against Ramsey came with him lined up in the slot fighting traffic and on the left as well as success against Bouye when we went to the right. Little things make the biggest difference. 

This is the post that you made that finally proved yourself wrong. Seriously, do I think Ramsey would have made the same mistake? Yes, considering HE DID of sorts when AB made him look silly on a double move and the only reason Ramsey didnt get roasted for 6 is Ben never looked at AB, never threw it to him.

I get your agenda here to prove yourself right but the Jags have a talented secondary, you guarantee NOTHING by moving a guy, occasionally you might get lucky but had AB not gone off script, we wouldve just seen another interception or incompletion 

Archived