You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

12 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

They both equally deserve credit? It's the GM's job to draft the talent and the coaches drop to coach them up when they walk into that facility. The fact they're hitting on these picks and free agents is a testament to that coaching staff they have there in LA. 

Of course they play a role in it, but the majority of the credit goes to the front office, who also made the bold decision to hire McVay,

back to the topic at hand.  Not worth the time trying to explain why a bad 4 win Rams team wasn't a juggernaut before Sean Mcvay got there.  

Here is what google says when asking about Mike McCarthy's possible replacement :D

4 Possible Replacements for Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy
  1. John DeFilippo, Offensive Coordinator, Minnesota Vikings. 
  2. Eric Bieniemy, Offensive Coordinator, Kansas City Chiefs.
  3. James Bettcher, Defensive Coordinator, New York Giants. 
  4. Jim Harbaugh, Head Coach, Michigan Wolverines. 

Been saying for over a month that John DeFilippo is my favorite.  Young innovator on offense.  While the Minnesota offense has slowed since their hot start, I love what he did last year in Philly.

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

back to the topic at hand.  Not worth the time trying to explain why a bad 4 win Rams team wasn't a juggernaut before Sean Mcvay got there.  

Here is what google says when asking about Mike McCarthy's possible replacement :D

After watching DeFilippo's offense against he Bears, I've crossed him off my list. Maybe he'll change my mind on Sunday night, but right now Bieniemy is the most intriguing. 

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

After watching DeFilippo's offense against he Bears, I've crossed him off my list. Maybe he'll change my mind on Sunday night, but right now Bieniemy is the most intriguing. 

Hard for me  to cross a guy off a list because of one game against the best defense in the league.  

My issue with Bieniemy is that he's never called plays or ran an offense.  Is he the product of Andy Reid and the great offensive weapons around him?  

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Honestly, I'd probably be unreasonably excited if we hired Jim Harbaugh.

100% serious.

Only name I'm even remotely excited for at this point.

Think the best (or the more likely) of the Harbaugh Bros we might be able to count on would be John. Dont see Jim leaving Michigan at this point.
Word is that Urban Meyer will be leaving OSU at the end of this season....hows that word for ya? :)

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Think the best (or the more likely) of the Harbaugh Bros we might be able to count on would be John. Dont see Jim leaving Michigan at this point.
Word is that Urban Meyer will be leaving OSU at the end of this season....hows that word for ya? :)

Jim >> John.

I actually like Jim's antics. I think he cares deeply.

He's also a former QB with a pedigree and would have an inherent deserved respect from Aaron.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jim >> John.

I actually like Jim's antics. I think he cares deeply.

He's also a former QB with a pedigree and would have an inherent deserved respect from Aaron.

I agree - but I dont think he's leaving. A thought thats based on nothing much of anything but a hunch / feeling.
In a kinda/sorta way - Jim "characterizes" Cowher. No - not Cowherd :) - but the Pittsburgh guy. Oh no....not another Pittsburgh guy!  LOL

Archived