You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

If MM is fired, could be a whole new coaching staff.   While I would like to see Pettine retained, I am sure a new HC would want to consider hiring OC, DC and remaining staff that they are comfortable working with.  

I would think an offensive minded HC would be inclined to offer Pettine a chance to stay on as DC.  The bigger question might be whether Pettine would want to remain.  I expect he'd see some interest from the other new HC hires.  I have no idea how the contract situation works for assistant coaches when a HC is fired.  Would Pettine still be under contract with GB if he signed on for multiple years under MM?

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would think an offensive minded HC would be inclined to offer Pettine a chance to stay on as DC.  The bigger question might be whether Pettine would want to remain.  I expect he'd see some interest from the other new HC hires.  I have no idea how the contract situation works for assistant coaches when a HC is fired.  Would Pettine still be under contract with GB if he signed on for multiple years under MM?

Agree.

All the assistant coaches are under contract to the organization - having nothing (contractual) to do with the HC. They're either asked to stay on by the organization / new HC - and decide separately. I dont want Pettine going anywhere.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

^yup

My sources have all stated pretty clearly that the media articles are being fueled by a select few who really aren't in the know and laughed at the idea that MM is a goner right now.

It will be so glorious if McCarthy isn't fired.  Even more glorious if we make the playoffs and he's extended.

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Mark Murphy not sounding like he's ready to fire McCarthy, and I love it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/01/packers-ceo-im-not-ready-to-give-up-on-the-season/

#coachspeak

I'm sure if you interviewed the CEO of KMart or Sears they would say something similar as to how their future looks.

I just don't see Gute being OK with this. You can't dump Ty or Haha and send that message and be OK with your coach leading this roster to 4-6-1. If Gute wants Mac gone and Murphy intercedes and keeps him. Then this thing is a wild dumpster fire spiraling out of control.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It will be so glorious if McCarthy isn't fired.  Even more glorious if we make the playoffs and he's extended.

And dont forget about AVP. He's gotta come back off we're lost.
Lets not dare to make the same mistake and fail to recognize how CRITICAL he (apparently) is to our success.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

#coachspeak

I'm sure if you interviewed the CEO of KMart or Sears they would say something similar as to how their future looks.

I just don't see Gute being OK with this. You can't dump Ty or Haha and send that message and be OK with your coach leading this roster to 4-6-1. If Gute wants Mac gone and Murphy intercedes and keeps him. Then this thing is a wild dumpster fire spiraling out of control.

Agree - its nothing more than publicity chatter. I'm confident Gute will be involved in any decisions and its still up in the air. Murphy's not gonna cut his GM out of such decisions.

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Mark Murphy not sounding like he's ready to fire McCarthy, and I love it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/01/packers-ceo-im-not-ready-to-give-up-on-the-season/

Precisely why Murphy is the main problem in Green Bay. He thinks an 8-7-1 season can still be a success as long as the team "finishes strong." Lol. 

38 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

^yup

My sources have all stated pretty clearly that the media articles are being fueled by a select few who really aren't in the know and laughed at the idea that MM is a goner right now.

One day i hope to have sources.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Precisely why Murphy is the main problem in Green Bay. He thinks an 8-7-1 season can still be a success as long as the team "finishes strong." Lol. 

Any CEO that publicly disses a teams chances - or highlights anything other than reasons the remainder of the season has value - should be fired immediately. For you to think he'd say anything differently - is odd at best.

Just now, Leader said:

Any CEO that publicly disses a teams chances - or highlights anything other than reasons the remainder of the season has value - should be fired immediately. For you to think he'd say anything differently - is odd at best.

I'm not. Of course he's going to say that for the same reasons highlighted by Ray above. I think Murphy actually believes it though which is the scary thing. This is the guy afterall who publicly stated that he "hoped" it doesn't become an expectation that the Packers need to win the SB in order to have a successful season. 

Murphy is a businessman. He cares more about the Packers as a corporation than a football team. Obviously the better the team does the better for business, but winning isnt everything for him, let alone "the only thing." This is one of the reasons he shouldn't be involved in team decisions, especially hiring/firing the head coach. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not. Of course he's going to say that for the same reasons highlighted by Ray above. I think Murphy actually believes it though which is the scary thing. This is the guy afterall who publicly stated that he "hoped" it doesn't become an expectation that the Packers need to win the SB in order to have a successful season. 

Murphy is a businessman. He cares more about the Packers as a corporation than a football team. Obviously the better the team does the better for business, but winning isnt everything for him, let alone "the only thing." This is one of the reasons he shouldn't be involved in team decisions, especially hiring/firing the head coach. 

You sure seem to know a lot about Murphy's motivations.

I'm jealous of your personal relationship with him to allow you that sort of insight! I'll trade you my sources for that access.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You sure seem to know a lot about Murphy's motivations.

I'm jealous of your personal relationship with him to allow you that sort of insight! I'll trade you my sources for that access.

Just going off of his past comments and conduct. He can change my mind if MM is let go after this year. I have my doubts it'll happen. If it doesn't, the only difference is that you'll perceive that decision as his strength and I'll perceive it as his weakness. Then we'll probably have this same debate in December 2019. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Just going off of his past comments and conduct. He can change my mind if MM is let go after this year. I have my doubts it'll happen. If it doesn't, the only difference is that you'll perceive that decision as his strength and I'll perceive it as his weakness. Then we'll probably have this same debate in December 2019. 

So you think there is a distinction between "good football" and "making money" in the long-term?

Or think that Murphy thinks that?

Archived