GDT: Celebrating TDay with the Natives; what could go wrong?

Matts4313

1 minute ago, anthbes said:

Go watch cricket than.

No one is forcing you to watch the cowboys? I’d rather watch a team compete for a division title, than lose to get a coach fired. Even if I don’t like said coach. 

I'll be here for your next once a month post when we get blown out by a legit SB contender. BTW that's the goal, a Super Bowl not a division title. This ain't High School. 

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'll be here for your next once a month post when we get blown out by a legit SB contender. BTW that's the goal, a Super Bowl not a division title. This ain't High School. 

I think someone needs to lay off the thanksgiving day beer. 

“I’ll be here for your next once a month post when we get blown out by a legit SB contender” 

i think that’s next Thursday 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, anthbes said:

I think someone needs to lay off the thanksgiving day beer. 

“I’ll be here for your next once a month post when we get blown out by ankefit SB contender” 

i think that’s next Thursday 😂😂😂

Hey your right! Damn and it looks like you wont be here then. You've already gone over your posting capacity so we shouldn't see you again till like May. You need to post more often!

26 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Great coaches will get their teams to the SB within their first 5 years with the team

List of not great coaches:

Bill Belichick

Tom Landry

Don Shula

Schottenhiemer

Mike Holmgren

Andy Reid

Chuck Noll

Dan Reeves

Tom Coughlin

Literally every single coach in the history of: The Lions, Jaguars, Cardinals, Bills, Vikings, Texans, Chargers, Titans, Bengals, Browns (last 50 years), Jets (last 50 years), Eagles (minus Pederson), Falcons, Panthers and Saints (minus Payton). 

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Being a Cowboys fan can be pretty miserable sometimes.

But I suppose I can’t even fathom how miserable it must be for those fans who can’t enjoy being 1st place in the NFC East after week 12.

It can be damn hard, esp living in the NE smack in between Philly, NYC and DC! I can admit that I was down on this team after several bad losses. But, I will take 1st place in the NFC East any time during the season for sure!! 

(P.S. I still want to see some major offensive coaching changes in the offseason! ) 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

List of not great coaches:

Bill Belichick

Tom Landry

Don Shula

Schottenhiemer

Mike Holmgren

Andy Reid

Chuck Noll

Dan Reeves

Tom Coughlin

Literally every single coach in the history of: The Lions, Jaguars, Cardinals, Bills, Vikings, Texans, Chargers, Titans, Bengals, Browns (last 50 years), Jets (last 50 years), Eagles (minus Pederson), Falcons, Panthers and Saints (minus Payton). 

Won SBs within their first five years as head coaches of the Patriots, Dolphins, Packers, and Giants, respectively.

So there's no coach who's won any rings for his employer without doing so in his first five years since the 70's? Interesting

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Won SBs within their first five years as head coaches of the Patriots, Dolphins, Packers, and Giants, respectively.

So there's no coach who's won any rings for his employer without doing so in his first five years since the 70's? Interesting

True, but then again, he mentioned first 5 years with a team. 

Bill had 5 years with the Browns

Shula 7 with the Colts

Holmegren won it in his 6th season, right?

Coughlin had 8 years with the Jags

Nate Burleson is winning my heart. He just went on a rant about how the Cowboys (and bears) are the type of team that can beat the Saints. That the Saints want to use their "size, speed and horses" but that we are going to make them "play in the mud". 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

True, but then again, he mentioned first 5 years with a team. 

Bill had 5 years with the Browns

Shula 7 with the Colts

Holmegren won it in his 6th season, right?

Coughlin had 8 years with the Jags

Nope, fifth. Hired in '92, won in '96. And Dungy won it in his 5th with Indianapolis.

So Cowher is the only modern(ish) coach to make it past 5 years as HC of one franchise and eventually win a SB for that franchise. Those may sound like very specific parameters, but I think it illustrates how winning in the league is done. It only takes a 3-4 years to reboot a roster, hit on some draft picks and FA signings, and contend. After those 4 or so years, you generally have to start over again. Just how it works in the cap era. And it doesn't take 8 years to establish a culture.

The top 37.5% of the league makes the playoffs in a given year. If we hold onto our division lead this year, we'll have made the postseason exactly 37.5% of Garrett's time as full time HC. I guess that's the standard for the most valuable pro sports franchise in the world- winning approximately as much as anyone else.

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Nope, fifth. Hired in '92, won in '96. And Dungy won it in his 5th with Indianapolis.

So Cowher is the only modern(ish) coach to make it past 5 years as HC of one franchise and eventually win a SB for that franchise. Those may sound like very specific parameters, but I think it illustrates how winning in the league is done. It only takes a 3-4 years to reboot a roster, hit on some draft picks and FA signings, and contend. After those 4 or so years, you generally have to start over again. Just how it works in the cap era. And it doesn't take 8 years to establish a culture.

The top 37.5% of the league makes the playoffs in a given year. If we hold onto our division lead this year, we'll have made the postseason exactly 37.5% of Garrett's time as full time HC. I guess that's the standard for the most valuable pro sports franchise in the world- winning approximately as much as anyone else.

Conversely, you can easily argue that many SB winning coaches took longer than 5 years... The skill to win the bowl was there, but it was a learning process to get there. Some just did it with other teams .

Archived