GDT: Celebrating TDay with the Natives; what could go wrong?

Matts4313

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Conversely, you can easily argue that many SB winning coaches took longer than 5 years... The skill to win the bowl was there, but it was a learning process to get there. Some just did it with other teams .

I suppose that’s a fair enough way to look at it. Still, I don’t think that Garrett’s clock management at the end of the games at Washington and Atlanta have given us much indication that he’s learned anyrhing at all since his first year or two. I think all that most learn with as much leeway as he has is complacency.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

True, but then again, he mentioned first 5 years with a team. 

Bill had 5 years with the Browns

Shula 7 with the Colts

Holmegren won it in his 6th season, right?

Coughlin had 8 years with the Jags

You missed the word "their" in my statement. Which the statement is true. Unless they hit it off within their first few years with their team then it means their scheme is not catching on and is not working. Also Andy Reid still hasnt won a SB as a HC. 

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I'll be here for your next once a month post when we get blown out by a legit SB contender. BTW that's the goal, a Super Bowl not a division title. This ain't High School. 

YES. The goal is the super bowl every year with this team but during the year tempering the expectations is important you have to make the playoffs to win the super bowl and in season games match ups mean nothing.   Think about how we dominated Giants that one year then couldn’t beat them in the playoffs we dominated GB them lost to them in play offs 

I don’t really expect us to win especially as I watched how bad our secondary performed against wash I just want to see solid effort and a constant improvement growth in our offense.   Again this is the type of game a 14 play 7 min driver serves you so well as does scoring TD not FG

On 11/23/2018 at 1:43 AM, anthbes said:

Because I live somewhere that doesn’t have an abundance of dallas cowboy fans. 

So I joined a forum to show my support for a team I love to watch. I rarely post anything on here because most of the members are a bunch of little cry babies. 

I have lurked for the last 6-8 years, but have recently stopped because all it is, is grown adult men arguing with each other.

It’s not a discussion forum, it’s a b****fest.

So why come back now? What you call a "true fan" is blind homerism. There are a few fans here who subscribe to that and there are a few fans who don't on here. There is some logic to both trains of thought. But if you are too narrow minded to see that, I'm sure can keep your insults and 27 posts to yourself. I'm curious to what you think a discussion forum is? Do you even know the difference between an argument and a discussion? 

Lurk away.  

On 11/23/2018 at 10:01 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Being a Cowboys fan can be pretty miserable sometimes.

But I suppose I can’t even fathom how miserable it must be for those fans who can’t enjoy being 1st place in the NFC East after week 12.

I suppose some fans on here lack critical thinking skills also. But that's not surprising, just sad. No fan on here mentioned that they didn't enjoy being in 1st place after week 12. But that doesn't push your narrative so you spout bull.  

I want you to have that same energy when we get our hopes ripped out in front of us in embarrassing fashion in the playoffs. 

Then JG signs an extension in the offseason. 

I never understood the theory that If you are not 100% on board with everything your team does and 100% confident in every player during every situation then you are not a "real fan." 

These are probably the same people that say things like, "well if you don't like this or that about our country then you should leave!!"

I don't get the logic. If I don't like 100% everything about my body should I just end it all? If I have a blowout on my car, can I recognize that it needs fixed and still appreciate the car? Or am I just a whiny little girl, who needs to drive on 3 wheels because I used to not have any?

7 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I suppose some fans on here lack critical thinking skills also. But that's not surprising, just sad. No fan on here mentioned that they didn't enjoy being in 1st place after week 12. But that doesn't push your narrative so you spout bull.  

I want you to have that same energy when we get our hopes ripped out in front of us in embarrassing fashion in the playoffs. 

Then JG signs an extension in the offseason. 

Lol, literally people are upset that we are winning because they’d prefer to miss the playoffs because that would mean we don’t fire Garrett. This isn’t a narrative, it’s what people are clearly articulating.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I never understood the theory that If you are not 100% on board with everything your team does and 100% confident in every player during every situation then you are not a "real fan." 

These are probably the same people that say things like, "well if you don't like this or that about our country then you should leave!!"

I don't get the logic. If I don't like 100% everything about my body should I just end it all? If I have a blowout on my car, can I recognize that it needs fixed and still appreciate the car? Or am I just a whiny little girl, who needs to drive on 3 wheels because I used to not have any?

Rooting for us to miss the playoffs is entirely different than “not liking 100% of what is going on”.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, literally people are upset that we are winning because they’d prefer to miss the playoffs because that would mean we don’t fire Garrett. This isn’t a narrative, it’s what people are clearly articulating.

Do you not believe that those people are conflicted? Of course those people want the team to do good, but they also recognize the dysfunction within the organization. 

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

QFT. This type of logic should be used here more often. 

4 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I actually believe we will beat the Saints. Crazy idea from someone who's "not a true fan". 

I'm nervous. Will Tyron play? The Saints just dismantled the Eagles. Their defense is picking up. I'm just happy That Dez can't play. I mean, I'm sad, and I wanted him to prove me right, but when it comes down to it. I'm glad he's out.

48 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'm nervous. Will Tyron play? The Saints just dismantled the Eagles. Their defense is picking up. I'm just happy That Dez can't play. I mean, I'm sad, and I wanted him to prove me right, but when it comes down to it. I'm glad he's out.

That uneasy, nervous feeling that Cowboy fans are feeling (myself included) combined with the majority counting us out is the exact reason why I think we will win. This team responds strongly when no one believes. 

I think the team will rest Tyron. He needs to be fully healthy and Fleming is no Chaz Green. The Eagles don't have the defense or the run game that we have this year. If the offense can sustain long drives with Zeke, our defense will be fresh enough to give us a chance.

As for Dez, I'm torn on it. I wanted to see how much juice he had left and if one of our CBs could shut him down. But him being out improves our odds by a lot. Jones vs. Thomas, Jaylon/LVE vs Kamara will be fun matchups to watch. 

Archived