Bucs turn back to Jameis Winston as starting QB

TheKillerNacho

12 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

QBs don't really "fall" much anymore. Teams trade up to grab them. 

And I don't think we'll draft one this year anyway.

Bucs will be in position to draft a QB. Only teams that trade up for QBs are teams drafting outside top 10 like the Eagles, Chiefs, Rams and Bills

6 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Who's gonna be their QB. Winston is done and Teddy B isn't coming there so your only hope is the draft 

Jameis has his fifth year option. The Glazers NEED him to work out. They've spent a lot of time and money on him. They've stood behind him after everything that's happened.

I think he gets a chance with one more HC.

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jameis has his fifth year option. The Glazers NEED him to work out. They've spent a lot of time and money on him. They've stood behind him after everything that's happened.

Are you convinced Winston has a chance to workout or this just your thesis based on the Glazers

11 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Are you convinced Winston has a chance to workout or this just your thesis based on the Glazers

I'm guessing. I have no idea about Jameis. I want him to work out so we don't have to start over. And I think the Glazers do too. If we didn't want to pay him his fifth year option, he'd probably be inactive on Sundays instead of starting.

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Winston has been a disappointment. Got to think a QB will be one of the priorities for the Bucs in the 2019 draft. 

Nah, it’s an uninspiring QB class and we badly need defensive help.

Winston will have the chance to start under a new regime next season if he plays well the rest of this year. At this stage, that’s a big if.

If he doesn’t, I expect we’ll bring in a vet as a stop gap and look to grab a QB in 2020.

20 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

QBs don't really "fall" much anymore. Teams trade up to grab them. 

And I don't think we'll draft one this year anyway.

Because of how things have shaken out the last few years, there will be a good QB or two fall in the next couple of drafts. I doubt Tampa has a very good record this year, though.

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't understand. Why, exactly? 

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't understand. Why, exactly? 

He was the number one overall pick. Every dollar put into the offense was for him. We haven't been relevant since the Super Bowl in 2003. We've never (since 1976) drafted a QB and given him a second contract.

Jameis was supposed to be the guy.

They've supported him after everything that's happened on and off the field.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

He was the number one overall pick. Every dollar put into the offense was for him. We haven't been relevant since the Super Bowl in 2003. We've never (since 1976) drafted a QB and given him a second contract.

Jameis was supposed to be the guy.

They've supported him after everything that's happened on and off the field.

They're the owners, though. They can't be fired. 

Winston, right now, looks to be a bust. If they don't move on from him, they deserve all the potential misery that decision could create. 

Archived