Texans Owner Bob McNair dead at 80

Forge

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bob McNair is pretty dead. This doesn't affect the Houston Texans football performance in any way.

Happy?

Does it? We've seen the Raiders pull out an inspired performance the week following Al Davis' death, we seen the Seahawks play out a strong season after Paul Allen's death, we're watching the Saints crush it following Tom Benson's death, we saw the Broncos win a SB after Tom Bowlen's death...

Correlation doesn't equal causation, but we'll see more this upcoming Monday, when this will be the center point of the broadcast.

Just now, ET80 said:

Does it? We've seen the Raiders pull out an inspired performance the week following Al Davis' death, we seen the Seahawks play out a strong season after Paul Allen's death, we're watching the Saints crush it following Tom Benson's death, we saw the Broncos win a SB after Tom Bowlen's death...

Correlation doesn't equal causation, but we'll see more this upcoming Monday, when this will be the center point of the broadcast.

Yep, it's going to do precisely zero for the Texans. They walked out on him, not the organization, him specifically. 

Quote me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep, it's going to do precisely zero for the Texans. They walked out on him, not the organization, him specifically. 

Quote me if I'm wrong.

Once. Since then? Since the retraction of his inmates statement? Since the backing of Jerry Richardson? Nope. 

Here's what his guys are saying:

I can go on if you like, but I think you get my point.

1. "Inmates running the asylum" is a common figure of speech. I'm sorry your parents raised you to be ignorant of things like figures of speech, reason, and logic. I feel bad for you.

2. Idiots like Arian Foster have repeatedly compared the voluntary multimillion-dollar profession of being an NFL player to being a slave. This was not a figure of speech; this was an absurd comparison, and should be what's causing outrage, not Mr. McNair's non-malicious figure of speech.

3. The fact is, the NFL does have a high rate of garbage human beings (it seems this board does, too). I'm writing this 5 minutes after reading that Reuben Foster's been released for beating up his girlfriend . . . again.

R.I.P., Mr. McNair, and shame on the ignorant, classless, thug-enabling troglodytes in this thread. Maye Santa leave them a box of grace and intelligence underneath their Christmas tree this year.

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You're right, we should judge his actions not his words.

His actions say that at the very least, he was a homophobe 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/10/houston-billionaire-donates-to-hero-opposition.html?ana=twt

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Let's stick to the football aspects of this. 

Tks.

Archived