GDT - Week 12 - Steelers at Broncos

warfelg

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Heat of the moment decision by a guy who obviously was still trying his hardest to score.  A teaching point for sure but I can't be mad at him for wanting and thinking he would be able to win the collision.

3 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm sorry but that's a freakin lock on the season. No way this team is going to run through a gauntlet of vs San Diego, @ Kansas City, and then @ New England to get to a Super Bowl. Winning these games against crap teams was important.

I wouldn't go so far as to call Denver a crap team. They gave both KC & LAR a run for their money (almost beat KC the first time), and defeated LAC last weekend. They're super inconsistent but still a dangerous team, so don't feel too horrible.

12 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

As much as the Grimble fumble annoys me, the people saying he should be cut are ridiculous.

Agreed.  He's the 3rd TE.  It was absolutely stupid to do and potentially cost us the game, but it's not cut worthy.  Especially compounded with mistakes by Ben, James, Randy Fichtner and conditioning deficiencies.

As for Ben's mistakes, Kurt Warner said "53 passes and he made 2 mistakes, one of which came on a bad play call.  You shouldn't be putting Ben down.  He did everything you could have asked".

I also need to keep laughing at Bucky Brooks for saying that doubling 84 and 19 worked because the Bronco's won and that's what missing 26 does to you.  When someone pressed him on the turnovers thing, he just said "well when those two are held in check this shows the other guys can't win you games".  Fox needs to fire him if that's his take.  Juju with nearly 200 yards, 500+ total yards of offense.  2 bad fumbles on drives that would have at least resulted in 10 points, that also prevents 7 points from them.  That's a 17 point swing and the win.  Bucky is an absolute joke and his attempt to make the Steelers look bad gets worse and worse every week.  I bet he's been holding onto this for a loss.

I've now asked him 3 times to answer this:

As have some others, and he hasn't replied to any of these.  If you're on twitter, tweet at him with something similar.  I want to see him justifying paying Bell at that cap hit and it's impact on the team.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Bucky Brooks losing it on twitter again.  Not having Bell is why we lost because Juju and Brown couldn't come through.  Said our "others" didn't cost us the game.

the thing that annoys me the most about this is him telling fans they are biased on this topic when he shares the same agent as Bell.

18 minutes ago, August4th said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/11/big-ben-chuks-okorafor-stepped-in-and-played-a-great-game/

okofar had a nice debut. shame turnovers ruined what should of been a dominating win smh

I was just coming to post something about Chuks. He really held his own. I think he'll be our starting RT next year with Feiler being the swing man. 

Chukky played a pretty good game, but had a big effect on our offense. We constantly chipped Miller with a TE and kept Connor in to block. We’re a much better offense when we can release the TE and have the RB run a route. That said, for his first extended playtime against a guy like Miller it’s a great sign for the future, and we were still able to move the ball at will

1 hour ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Chukky played a pretty good game, but had a big effect on our offense. We constantly chipped Miller with a TE and kept Connor in to block. We’re a much better offense when we can release the TE and have the RB run a route. That said, for his first extended playtime against a guy like Miller it’s a great sign for the future, and we were still able to move the ball at will

Yeah, this is a good point. Because we constantly were chipping with Vance and James it limited what we could do. I love Switzer as much as anyone, but homeboy shouldn't be our third option on most plays. Until Washington figures this out, we're going to be at a disadvantage in some games. Denver played to make our third option beat them(it didn't work well as we saw what JuJu did) and it tightened up what we could do at the end.

Chuks had help and did play well enough , because I don't recall seeing Miller take over the game as he can do.  Tomlin and Co. had a good plan for this, give them credit where it is due.  It will be a choice to decide on a OT early in the Draft, wait and see. Foster was a LT in NCAA, so he could always move there if injuries force that.  There is value in an OL that  can play OG and OT, another reason I see Foster  returning.

Chuks made me eat crow because I thought he would have had a rough game and some holing calls on pass rush downs.  The chip blocks and playcalling helped, but Chuks and coach Munchak get props here ;)

Archived