POST GAME GB at MIN week 12 (24-17 Loss, 4-6-1)

squire12

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How do you deduce this and not that Rodgers is the problem?

I have some concerns about Rodgers as well. I think he has the yips, but that comes from not trusting his blockers and his young WRs, most likely. Rodgers has a pretty long track record. When given a trustworthy OL and some experienced WRs, he has delivered the goods.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I have some concerns about Rodgers as well. I think he has the yips, but that comes from not trusting his blockers and his young WRs, most likely. Rodgers has a pretty long track record. When given a trustworthy OL and some experienced WRs, he has delivered the goods.

I think you are alluding to the problem we have with Rodgers at the moment.  He was paid to be able to deliver the goods with a shaky OL and young receivers.  Most QBs can play well with a good OL/WRs.  Doesn't mean this is permanent, we may get Godgers back but as of now he isn't living up to his salary.

Just now, KFP7 said:

I think you are alluding to the problem we have with Rodgers at the moment.  He was paid to be able to deliver the goods with a shaky OL and young receivers.  Most QBs can play well with a good OL/WRs.  Doesn't mean this is permanent, we may get Godgers back but as of now he isn't living up to his salary.

Throw a football for 6 weeks without putting weight on your front foot, and then change back. Let me know how easy it is

Just now, squire12 said:

The offense looked fine for the 1st quarter +.  If the WR were bad, then I can't see how things would have been clicking so well.  Maybe someone with the all-22 can look at whether things changes after the first few drives, either from GB or from MIN?  @AlexGreen#20 @skibrett15

One things for certain........
Our TE postion disappeared again. I think Graham got one reception.
We'd have been better if we'd stayed with Lewis and Kendricks. I think Lewis was blocking better for AJ.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The offense looked fine for the 1st quarter +.  If the WR were bad, then I can't see how things would have been clicking so well.  Maybe someone with the all-22 can look at whether things changes after the first few drives, either from GB or from MIN?  @AlexGreen#20 @skibrett15

I think the first series or two are scripted, so the young players have a chance to go over things in practice. Once the script is over and the defense makes adjustments, that's when the young players have trouble. 

Kruse:

Rodgers wasn’t good enough. The Vikings got 342 passing yards and three touchdown passes from their big investment at quarterback. Rodgers missed big-play opportunities and was terrible on third down. The national media will throw him a pity party all week, but don’t fall for it. On the final two offensive plays, Rodgers skipped a short throw to the flat and overthrew Davante Adams in the end zone.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

One things for certain........
Our TE postion disappeared again. I think Graham got one reception.
We'd have been better if we'd stayed with Lewis and Kendricks. I think Lewis was blocking better for AJ.

Hard to play when you're dealing with a broken thumb.

Just now, cannondale said:

Throw a football for 6 weeks without putting weight on your front foot, and then change back. Let me know how easy it is

I'm not very good at throwing a football in the first place so I don't think this test will be useful at all.  I didn't even mean for that to be blaming Rodgers.  I think the collarbone keeping him out for a year, then not playing in pre-season, then busting his knee week 1 is a huge part of why he has seemed off this year.  I'm just saying that we are paying him to be the best QB in football, so if he isn't even close to that (whether it's his fault or not) then we will be at a disadvantage.  Give him some time to get healthy and I fully believe we will have Godgers back.

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I think the first series or two are scripted, so the young players have a chance to go over things in practice. Once the script is over and the defense makes adjustments, that's when the young players have trouble. 

So are the non scripted plays things that the team has never practiced before?  Are they just drawing **** up on the side lines after the scripted plays?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Hard to play when you're dealing with a broken thumb.

Dont doubt it.
I said pre-game that if he couldnt go or was less than effective - park him on the bench.
We dont (or didnt) need a decoy. We needed production from the position. It disappeared in the SEA game - and did a replay tonight.

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

I'm not very good at throwing a football in the first place so I don't think this test will be useful at all.  I didn't even mean for that to be blaming Rodgers.  I think the collarbone keeping him out for a year, then not playing in pre-season, then busting his knee week 1 is a huge part of why he has seemed off this year.  I'm just saying that we are paying him to be the best QB in football, so if he isn't even close to that (whether it's his fault or not) then we will be at a disadvantage.  Give him some time to get healthy and I fully believe we will have Godgers back.

It seems like a blame game or pointing fingers - the money is irrelevant at this point. Had it not been for the knee injury I would have no problem with putting blame on him. I'm just not ready to do that or think that he lost his talent overnight

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So are the non scripted plays things that the team has never practiced before?  Are they just drawing **** up on the side lines after the scripted plays?

Of course they practice all their plays at some point. But they don't practice every play every week. Depending on defensive adjustments, they might have to call a play they haven't practiced in a while. That's the disadvantage of having to play inexperienced players. 

Archived