How much would Aaron Rodgers cost in a trade?

Elky

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d laugh at anything les than three 1sts. In all likelihood it would require a combination of pro bowl non-QB and other high draft picks. 

How many teams have hit on three 1st rd picks in a row?  Hell how about two in a row?  That’s a no-brainer offer for an elite QB regardless of salary.

His contract probably makes him untradeable, but I could see a team giving up three 1st round picks and maybe a little more for him.  An elite QB is worth that, but the problem with Rodgers is the contract and also the number of injuries he has sustained over the last few years.  It would be a gamble for a team that could turn out great or set them back for many years if it doesn't work out. 

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Jags Can't see anything they would have to trade outside of multiple 1sts.

Giants See Above

Ravens See above but not even that

Cowboys Not even 1sts to trade, best tradeable asset is Dak and that's not enough

Tampa Might be able to swing it with multiple 1sts and Winston.  Probably not.

Miami Read above

All of those teams could realistically consider themselves super bowl contenders with Rodgers. Maybe not the last two, but both of those teams have ownership groups that would love to make a splashy move like this 

I say he probably would get moved for similar compensation to mack but without the second going back and probably a player of some kind 

Adding Oakland to the mix, if they offered up multiple 1st round picks and Derek Carr, I can't see how Green Bay would say no, especially if they got all 3 1sts from this year.

11 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

How many teams have hit on three 1st rd picks in a row?  Hell how about two in a row?  That’s a no-brainer offer for an elite QB regardless of salary.

The Saints?

2015 - #13) Andrus Peat, LG - Been an anchor for the Saints offensive line and part of their improved running game.  Also been able to jump out to LT as needed.

2016 - #12) Sheldon Rankins, DT - First two years have been up and down due to some injuries, but this year is 2nd in Sacks for DT behind Donald and will likely finish with over 10 by end of the year.

2017 - #11) Marshon Lattimore, CB - DROY, shutdown corner, what more need I say?

2017 - #32) Ryan Ramzcyk, RT - Started at LT for us last year while Armstead was injured and then moved to RT.  One of the best in the NFL already.

2018 - #13) Marcus Davenport, DE - Started slow as he was a project coming in, started gaining a lot of steam before an injury sidelined him for a few games and just got back but looking like he was more than worth the price they paid to move up.

Even if you don't want to count Peat or Davenport, that's 3 1st round picks between Rankins, Lattimore, and Ramzy that should count.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

Adding Oakland to the mix, if they offered up multiple 1st round picks and Derek Carr, I can't see how Green Bay would say no, especially if they got all 3 1sts from this year.

The Saints?

2015 - #13) Andrus Peat, LG - Been an anchor for the Saints offensive line and part of their improved running game.  Also been able to jump out to LT as needed.

2016 - #12) Sheldon Rankins, DT - First two years have been up and down due to some injuries, but this year is 2nd in Sacks for DT behind Donald and will likely finish with over 10 by end of the year.

2017 - #11) Marshon Lattimore, CB - DROY, shutdown corner, what more need I say?

2017 - #32) Ryan Ramzcyk, RT - Started at LT for us last year while Armstead was injured and then moved to RT.  One of the best in the NFL already.

2018 - #13) Marcus Davenport, DE - Started slow as he was a project coming in, started gaining a lot of steam before an injury sidelined him for a few games and just got back but looking like he was more than worth the price they paid to move up.

Even if you don't want to count Peat or Davenport, that's 3 1st round picks between Rankins, Lattimore, and Ramzy that should count.

You forgot about bustacular Stephon Anthony sandwiched between Peat and Rankins, and Cooks the year before Peat. 

You could also rewind all the way to 2009 and toss in;

Malclom Jenkins, Patrick Robinson, Cam Jordan, Mark Ingram, Kenny Vacarro. All have been above avg or better, so depending on the definition of "hit", pretty decent track record for 1st round picks over the last 10 years.

1 minute ago, SWATcha said:

You forgot about bustacular Stephon Anthony sandwiched between Peat and Rankins, and Cooks the year before Peat. 

You could also rewind all the way to 2009 and toss in;

Malclom Jenkins, Patrick Robinson, Cam Jordan, Mark Ingram, Kenny Vacarro. All have been above avg or better, so depending on the definition of "hit", pretty decent track record for 1st round picks over the last 10 years.

Yeah I forgot about the 2nd first round pick that year.  So yeah just in recent history you have Rankins to Davenport.  I would consider Jenkins a push, Robinson a miss (for the Saints), and Kenny V a push leaning towards a miss with the way he ended his time in NO.

Archived