Week 13 GDT: Squish the Fish

Trentwannabe

Good game, guys. Made it pretty stressful for us. While I bashed the Josh Allen selection, the kid looked pretty good today. I will say this without a doubt: Having seen both Darnold and Allen versus my Dolphins, I'm now worried far more about the longterm prospects of facing Allen twice per year than I am Darnold. If he can continue to improve his accuracy, you'll have a nice QB there for awhile. His physical attributes are through the roof.

See yall in Week 17.

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I really don’t care what anyone says, I’m so impressed with Josh. He’s going to be special. He’s playing with an average at best offensive line, an undisciplined team around him that has one good skill position player (Zay Jones) and a conservative AF head coach. He’s been impressive as all hell for what i expected him to be this season. As TLBF has said, he needs to sit and watch film and practice those intermediate throws and then watch him take off. Kid is legit, add in what he’s shown with his legs, and all that does is open up the passing game that much more.

This was a weird game. It was a good loss and still an unbelievably frustrating game to watch and lose at the same time. Josh getting that GW touchdown would have been special though. There are lots of positives and I think we've all come to agree that Allen has it. He just desperately needs some weapons and some help upfront. It's exciting feeling and the last two weeks definitely have me believing that Josh Allen can win us a lot of football games. 

5 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Genius response by Hughes. Obviously told not to say anything and let league handle the situation. And he won't get fined for post game interview. Very smart.

Should be interesting outcome. The official being blamed is Roy Ellison who was suspended in 2013 for using profanity towards a player. So this ref should be a repeat offender.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Good game, guys. Made it pretty stressful for us. While I bashed the Josh Allen selection, the kid looked pretty good today. I will say this without a doubt: Having seen both Darnold and Allen versus my Dolphins, I'm now worried far more about the longterm prospects of facing Allen twice per year than I am Darnold. If he can continue to improve his accuracy, you'll have a nice QB there for awhile. His physical attributes are through the roof.

See yall in Week 17.

Appreciate it!

12 hours ago, FinSting said:

Just you wait, Bills. When we face you again, we will be very focused on keeping your young QB Allen under 130 yards rushing. Mark my words...

Ha. Idk, I think Josh is just going to continue breaking his own record each week for the rest of the year. By week 17 he'll be on course for 300+ rushing yards haha.

Him running the ball is a product of a crappy oline. Losing Bodine didnt help and having Miller out was actually a downgrade. I think him running for his life so much was simply because he had no time to throw it. Some of his passes he couldnt even step in to cause the pocket was collapsing in front of him. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Him running the ball is a product of a crappy oline. Losing Bodine didnt help and having Miller out was actually a downgrade. I think him running for his life so much was simply because he had no time to throw it. Some of his passes he couldnt even step in to cause the pocket was collapsing in front of him. 

I think part of the blame should be on the offensive line, but there should be a fair amount of blame put on Allen. He has the same tendency to bail too early like he did in college. His pocket presence is still poor. This is to be expected with a rookie QB, but he needs to improve this along with his intermediate accuracy.

14 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think part of the blame should be on the offensive line, but there should be a fair amount of blame put on Allen. He has the same tendency to bail too early like he did in college. His pocket presence is still poor. This is to be expected with a rookie QB, but he needs to improve this along with his intermediate accuracy.

The bills lead the league in most pressured qbs of 3 sec or less at 40.7% i think its safe to say hes bailing early cause he is tired of getting crushed the 1st few games. He does not trust that oline and he had every right to do so. I think it will take him time to adjust but this man needs to get a top paid oline built in front of him. They can go through the draft and get 1 or 2 pieces that may or may not work out or they put that 93 mil to use on the oline and grab guys like pardis and/or saffold to protect him.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Wouldn't blame it one OLine. I think Allen overreacts and leaves the pocket to often. However he was able to use his athletism to make them successful plays. Kiko was just to slow for Josh and not as strong. It was a mismatch and we took advantage. Intentional or not.

Josh is becoming my favorite player. His leadership and effort is 2nd to none. Love this kids attitude. Even if he busts I still love the kid.

I'm not sure how people can watch that game and not blame the OL. 3 of them were horrific, Teller had an OK game and Dawkins was solid but beat twice pretty cleanly.

Allen actually does quite well setting his feet and not getting too skittish considering how muddy the pocket has gotten.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The bills lead the league in most pressured qbs of 3 sec or less at 40.7% i think its safe to say hes bailing early cause he is tired of getting crushed the 1st few games. He does not trust that oline and he had every right to do so. I think it will take him time to adjust but this man needs to get a top paid oline built in front of him. They can go through the draft and get 1 or 2 pieces that may or may not work out or they put that 93 mil to use on the oline and grab guys like pardis and/or saffold to protect him.

39% of Allen's dropbacks last week were deep throws. Knowing this offensive line isn't very good, he needs to start developing an intermediate passing game. I like that we finally don't have a check down QB, but Allen needs to develop an intermediate game into his arsenal or he will continue to run for his life and will take unnecessary hits and will leave the pocket early.

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’ll worry about him developing an intermediate passing game when we have talent around him. I mean seriously guys, aside from Zay and maybe Dawkins who around him on the offense is worth a damn? It’s a one man show right now.

And yet he’s constantly trying to push the ball downfield with shaky weapons and a poor offensive line. Keep it simple stupid. Walk before you run. Make the elementary reads and throws.

Archived