NFC Playoff Contenders

WindyCity

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Assuming the Bears can beat the Packers a team they cannot seem to beat.

Meanwhile the Vikings are hosting the Dolphins.

If the Bears lose to an average Miami team, a bad Packers team twice and below average team in the Giants, it won’t matter anyway.

I’m assuming, in your scenario, that they win in weeks 15 and 16 as do the Vikings.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Assuming the Bears can beat the Packers a team they cannot seem to beat.

Meanwhile the Vikings are hosting the Dolphins.

They dog walked the Packers for a half and Fuller dropped a game sealing int.  The offense did next to nothing bc it was just getting its bearings and had played 15 live snaps in the preseason.  The defense particularly Mack and Smith were gassed. And that was on their field.  If they are within 2 TDs of the Bears next week I'll be shocked.  Disregarding the meaningless week 1 game (as its shown to be every year) In the Bears 3 losses the offense has scored 28, 31, and 27.  The Pack dosen't have a good enough defense to stop our offense, and their offense damn sure ain't good enough to score consistently on our defensemen. Yeah I'm counting my chickens...blah blah.  Bears fans have to admit to themselves that they have a really good team that nobody wants to play.  I also damn sure ain't worried about Joe Philbin.

It looks right now like Bears will be playing Vikings, Seattle or Carolina in wild card round at home.

Last game sets up weird for Bears and Vikings. Likely meaningless game for Bears in terms of seeding, but it could decide whether Vikings make playoffs or not. I think Bears go all out in that situation to win game. You dont want to play same team three times and twice in a row.

Or Vikings could have already locked up spot and it will be meaningless for both teams. In which case it makes interesting strategic decision of going all out for momentum or resting people and trying to stay healthy.  I say healthy.  Play all the back ups like a last preseason game. Activate practice squad and lets see Wims and the gang. 

54 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It looks right now like Bears will be playing Vikings, Seattle or Carolina in wild card round at home.

Last game sets up weird for Bears and Vikings. Likely meaningless game for Bears in terms of seeding, but it could decide whether Vikings make playoffs or not. I think Bears go all out in that situation to win game. You dont want to play same team three times and twice in a row.

Or Vikings could have already locked up spot and it will be meaningless for both teams. In which case it makes interesting strategic decision of going all out for momentum or resting people and trying to stay healthy.  I say healthy.  Play all the back ups like a last preseason game. Activate practice squad and lets see Wims and the gang. 

There is still a possibility of a first round bye or even HFA, but we need some help.  It's one game at a time.  Take care of business this week.  Put down the Pack for good, get to 10 wins and lock up the divsion. If somehow it ends up a 3 way tie at the top Bears and Saints get the byes.  HFA would be a really weird tiebreaker scenario.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

There is still a possibility of a first round bye or even HFA, but we need some help.  It's one game at a time.  Take care of business this week.  Put down the Pack for good, get to 10 wins and lock up the divsion. If somehow it ends up a 3 way tie at the top Bears and Saints get the byes.  HFA would be a really weird tiebreaker scenario.

First round bye left with Giants loss unless a lot of crazy things happen. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Carolina is dead, put the done-chain on them. The NFC playoffs are essentially set, its just a matter of order between 4-5 and 5-6(dependent on outcome of tonight)

Just now, HuskieBear said:

Carolina is dead, put the done-chain on them. The NFC playoffs are essentially set, its just a matter of order between 4-5 and 5-6(dependent on outcome of tonight)

Yes, but Atlanta has mailed it in as well and NO may sit its starters for last game. 

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, but Atlanta has mailed it in as well and NO may sit its starters for last game. 

Not if HFA is on the line.

5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Newton's shoulder is shot and their secondary is atrocious. As I said, the Saints final few games aren't tough at all.

Archived