Super Smash Bro Ultimate

Manny/Patrick

14 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

So the lack of not playing smash 4 has given me trouble against Megaman and Robin. Anyone got any tips

I feel woefully underskilled right now. I'm trying to build up my skills offline, but there are a lot of advanced techniques that I'm learning about (I had no idea that there were "tilt" attacks, for instance) that I need to figure out. 

It's still super fun. My goal is to finish classic mode with every character so I can get a feel for all of them. 

Little Mac is my favorite "new' character to play as so far, having not really played Smash since Melee. 

On 12/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Considering I was playing online Broodwar around 99 and Halo 2 in like 03/04 and only NOW they are getting a real online service? I dunno what to say lol

Never thought about this but we had online playable games like Starcraft back when Payton Manning was a rookie, wonder if Nintendo will have a decent online service before he get's inducted into the HOF.

52 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:
On 12/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Considering I was playing online Broodwar around 99 and Halo 2 in like 03/04 and only NOW they are getting a real online service? I dunno what to say lol

Never thought about this but we had online playable games like Starcraft back when Payton Manning was a rookie, wonder if Nintendo will have a decent online service before he get's inducted into the HOF.

It really is a shame... Nintendo has lost out on a lot of opportunity by not having a deep online experience in games

5 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I am drooling over Warcraft 3 reforged coming out soon. Also I love the fact you are using Payton's career to measure time relative to computer games.

As for Smash, sounds great and all but I still think the original was the best one. The maps are the best and there aren't too many characters. 

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

I'm tempted to get the Switch just for this game, but I can't justify buying a console just for this and a handful of other titles, haha.

It's looking pretty good for next year. In addition to Mario and Zelda and Mario Kart, which are system-sellers alone, next year should have a pretty strong lineup. 

Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem
Luigi's Mansion

There are a ton of RPG's that should be coming out soon too if that's your thing. Metroid Prime should be out in 2019/2020 too, and I expect a spinoff or 2D version of Mario and Zelda in the next year or two as well. 

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:
12 hours ago, DawgX said:

I'm tempted to get the Switch just for this game, but I can't justify buying a console just for this and a handful of other titles, haha.

It's looking pretty good for next year. In addition to Mario and Zelda and Mario Kart, which are system-sellers alone, next year should have a pretty strong lineup. 

Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem
Luigi's Mansion

There are a ton of RPG's that should be coming out soon too if that's your thing. Metroid Prime should be out in 2019/2020 too, and I expect a spinoff or 2D version of Mario and Zelda in the next year or two as well. 

System is worth it for me for Zelda, Odyssey and Smash. The first 2 are in my top 5 games I've ever played. Ironically I've put the most hours in Stardew Valley lol

Smash is the first game I've actually been able to tolerate playing in handheld mode. Obviously Pokemon will be too, but I couldn't do any of the others.

9 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem
Luigi's Mansion

You make a great point.  I would want this game, Mario Kart, etc, but I NEED to have online to actual legit have really long term re-playability with these games.  The really awesome thing about the Switch is that it can be handheld.  Honestly, the console seems amazing to me except for the online and even though that's one thing it's a huge dealbreaker.  If this thing had online play like the PC, PS4 or Xbox - it would be a no-brainer purchase.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, DawgX said:

As someone who owns a ps4 and an xbox one, the Switch has by far the best exclusive lineup (xbox doesn't even have one).

Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokemon Let's Go, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Splatoon 2. And there's a handful of others that might appeal to you such as Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby Star Allies, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Party, and more.

Nearly every console (RIP xbox one) always has an exclusive that makes it worth it to buy the console for that game alone, the Switch has a handful, and it's only been out for 1.5 years at this point, more are on the way.

I've wanted a switch since it came out but didn't want to drop the money on it just yet but with the hype for Smash I decided to put it on my Christmas list for my mom who has been nagging me about giving her one. Just like Michael Scott said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Figure if my parents drop $300 on the console I can justify dropping $150-200 on Smash, a pro controller, a charging dock, and maybe another game.

58 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

As someone who owns a ps4 and an xbox one, the Switch has by far the best exclusive lineup (xbox doesn't even have one).

Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokemon Let's Go, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Splatoon 2. And there's a handful of others that might appeal to you such as Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby Star Allies, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Party, and more.

Nearly every console (RIP xbox one) always has an exclusive that makes it worth it to buy the console for that game alone, the Switch has a handful, and it's only been out for 1.5 years at this point, more are on the way.

The only exclusive for Xbox that I care about is Gears of War. Other than that, there's no real reason to get one.

Just now, DawgX said:

The only exclusive for Xbox that I care about is Gears of War. Other than that, there's no real reason to get one.

Even gears was lackluster imo. Beat the campaign in a single day and the online just isn't as good as it used to be, although horde is pretty decent.

Gears 1 is probably the second best online console shooter ever after Halo 2 but since then the franchise has been soft. Definitely not worth buying an entire system for it, although you could say the same for Halo 4 and 5.

God of War 2018 is worth the ~$250 it would cost to buy it and a PS4 right now and there are a few other PS4 games i'm sure some people would feel similarly about.

I don't own the switch but I did play some BotW on a wiiU emulator and that game is also probably worth the $350 it would cost to buy it and a Switch right now.

Unless Gears 5 or the Halo Infinite is groundbreaking, the Xbox One will have been a failed console imo.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:23 AM, TXsteeler said:

Even gears was lackluster imo. Beat the campaign in a single day and the online just isn't as good as it used to be, although horde is pretty decent.

Gears 1 is probably the second best online console shooter ever after Halo 2 but since then the franchise has been soft. Definitely not worth buying an entire system for it, although you could say the same for Halo 4 and 5.

God of War 2018 is worth the ~$250 it would cost to buy it and a PS4 right now and there are a few other PS4 games i'm sure some people would feel similarly about.

I don't own the switch but I did play some BotW on a wiiU emulator and that game is also probably worth the $350 it would cost to buy it and a Switch right now.

Unless Gears 5 or the Halo Infinite is groundbreaking, the Xbox One will have been a failed console imo.

The thing you're not considering is that games like Spider-Man, Bloodborne, God of War, etc are all single player games.  There's a decent amount of people who don't really care for that and want to play multiplayer games - I'm one of those people.  I will take Gears of War over any and all of those games, but that's just me.  I have a PS4 and I never play it.

For me, I mainly play games online.... which is why the Switch is a waste to me regardless of how good the games are... but that's just me.  Xbox Live is still better than PSN as well.  For console gaming, Xbox Live is the gold standard.  It always has been and always will be.

Archived