3 Guarantees for 2019

DoleINGout

Because he is expendable because of Ekeler, they can get a good return, draft a replacement in the 2019 draft for cheap and I took this as a bold prediction thread honestly.

What exactly are they going to get in return? No one is trading a high end pick or player for a RB in the last year of a contract. I understand that this is bold prediction, but it doesn't make any sense from the Chargers perspective. 

Cuz his mere $5 mil will look lame next to LeVeon Bell's contract and he will sit out for more of a guantee before the season. The Chargers will find a team willing to acquire Gordon for a fair value (1st round pick+ probably) and move on with Eckler/Jackson.

I doubt Gordon is going to sit out seeing how it backfired on Bell and no team is giving up a first round pick for a RB. Gordon will play out his contract and the team will either let him walk or franchise him in 2020. 

On 2018-12-01 at 6:56 AM, Jimmy Austin said:

1. Tampa Bay hires John Harbaugh as their next head coach. 

2. Baker Mayfield will lead the Browns to the playoffs.

3. Saquon Barkley will be the NFL's best RB by the time the 2019 season ends

He already is. 

Jamies Winston will be the starting QB for the Bucels. 

DJ Moore will eclipse 1000 yards and score at least 8 TDs. 

Antonio Callaway will also eclipse 1000 yards. 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:21 PM, SBLIII said:

Because he is expendable because of Ekeler, they can get a good return, draft a replacement in the 2019 draft for cheap and I took this as a bold prediction thread honestly.

no hes not. ekeler isnt a carry the workload, bellcow back. hes really good in short spurts but really has shown no ability to be a consistent 25 touch very good to elite back.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

no hes not. ekeler isnt a carry the workload, bellcow back. hes really good in short spurts but really has shown no ability to be a consistent 25 touch very good to elite back.

I think Justin Jackson is the main reason why Gordon becomes expendable if the two sides run into a holdout situation. What makes it hard to let go of Gordon this offseason isn't replacing the borderline elite production but his veteran leadership. Still, if it comes to a contract dispute for any reason, I expect Jackson to be his replacement relatively quickly.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:50 PM, DoleINGout said:

People say that about players all the time. Then a team to trade a first for Amari Cooper midseason.

Doesn’t really dispute the fact that running backs hardly ever go for first rounders.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

Neither had Gordon. 

The most carries he’s ever gotten was 284 (18 carries per game) in the one year where he managed to stay healthy and play every week. Even in that season, he only got 25 carries one time (for the third time in his career). Even if you want to include receptions in that 25 number, it’s happened 10 times in 50 career games - none this season.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Doesn’t really dispute the fact that running backs hardly ever go for first rounders.

I think the trend of running backs being drafted in the first round more frequently and higher at the top of the first the last few years is evidence of the value Gordon should be elvaluated at this off-season.

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think the trend of running backs being drafted in the first round more frequently and higher at the top of the first the last few years is evidence of the value Gordon should be elvaluated at this off-season.

No it doesn’t because a major portion of a rookie’s value is their age and their contract. MGIII is a non-elite running back with knee issues that will be entering a contract year. 

So even if you want to think rookie RBs represent a spike in RB value, doesn’t really prove MGIII is worth a first round pick in a trade scenario.

Archived