16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Well, I would need more information. I have a hard time believing anyone who gets a chance at a head coaching gig would be that obtuse to alienate his QB with no reason. Without knowing context, I can't use this story as a reason to not hire McDaniels.

Well he pretty much alienated and pissed off everyone. That would be a reason not to hire him. I just brought that up because everyone just assumes he would be a perfect match with Rodgers. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Well, I would need more information. I have a hard time believing anyone who gets a chance at a head coaching gig would be that obtuse to alienate his QB with no reason. Without knowing context, I can't use this story as a reason to not hire McDaniels.

The story as I recall, McDaniels thought he could orchestrate a trade, didn't talk to Cutler about it, and when Cutler found out got angry.

I don't think he set out to alienate him, but naively thought he could start the discussions without Jay finding out.  Cutler viewed it as the ultimate vote of no confidence.

9 minutes ago, SSG said:

Denver's best players couldn't get away from McDaneil fast enough.  Cutler and Brandon Marshall both demanded a trades.  His toxic leadership style had both the front office and locker room hating him.  He took a great gig and single handily turned them into the second worst team in football.  Getting caught blatantly cheating was the best thing that ever happened to Denver as they were able to rid themselves of the cancer that was Josh McDaniels.  

Both of those players have a history of being tough personalities to deal with. Not sure I would use those two as an example of players not getting along with a coach.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The story as I recall, McDaniels thought he could orchestrate a trade, didn't talk to Cutler about it, and Cutler when Cutler found out got angry.

I don't think he set out to alienate him, but naively thought he could start the discussions without Jay finding out.  Cutler viewed it as the ultimate vote of no confidence.

That's similar to what I remember. While I understand Cutler being upset about that. I do not blame McDaniels for trying to acquire a QB that he believed to be the better fit.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It was more than those guys.  it was everybody.

Do you have any reports that show this? I'm not doubting you, I just haven't seen any reports with direct quotes from players and or coaches. I will do some research myself after work and I am not dealing with a firewall.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:56 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

Most of the names on my list I had saved on my computer from a few weeks back. Below are my 10 candidates, five college head coaches and five offensive coordinators.

John DeFilippo, Pete Carmichael, Bill Lazor, Todd Monken and Matt LeFleur were the NFL OCs.

Pat Fitzgerald, Mike Leach, David Shaw, Matt Campbell and Lincoln Riley were the college HCs.

The possibility of any new Packer HC failing is high, so it is fingers and toes crossed time..............

Why on Earth would you want the guy that has zero to do with how good our offense is?

I don't know why we still talk about something that happened 10 years ago, honestly. If you guys don't think he's capable of learning from the mistakes in Denver by now that's a bit questionable. There's a huge difference between being the youngest and hottest coach (Not look wise) in the NFL to being an older coach with all eyes on him waiting for a repeat of his past failures. Huge difference. Josh McDaniels is far too smart to make the same boneheaded moves he made in Denver at his next gig.

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I don't know why we still talk about something that happened 10 years ago, honestly. If you guys don't think he's capable of learning from the mistakes in Denver by now that's a bit questionable. There's a huge difference between being the youngest and hottest coach (Not look wise) in the NFL to being an older coach with all eyes on him waiting for a repeat of his past failures. Huge difference. Josh McDaniels is far too smart to make the same boneheaded moves he made in Denver at his next gig.

Great - let some other team find out if that's true. I'll take the guy that doesn't need to learn that lesson because he knows it already. The mistakes he made in Denver most of us learn by grade school

Archived