16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

I think the point is - McDaniels hasn't learned from 10 years ago. He screwed a ton of people 10 months ago. When Gute and Murphy mention people and the right person for the organization numerous times during a press conference - a picture of McDaniels mug doesn't spring to mind

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Fun video from Mike Florio and Peter King ... Packers head coaching draft.  Some of the usual suspects brought up, but some surprises as well.  One particularly interesting name that was brought up .. Sean Payton.

he wanted the job before McCarthy got it.

Seriously don't know how only two people here are excited about Jim Harbaugh.  Dude brought Colin Kaepernick to the Super Bowl and is a straight savage.  You talk about wanting accountability?  He is who you want.  

Look at how good he made Kaepernick look without a Davante Adams or really any receivers to speak of.  We'd run the ball more, our defense would improve...

I would legitimately have faith in a Super Bowl win year one with him. John too.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Seriously don't know how only two people here are excited about Jim Harbaugh.  Dude brought Colin Kaepernick to the Super Bowl and is a straight savage.  You talk about wanting accountability?  He is who you want.  

Look at how good he made Kaepernick look without a Davante Adams or really any receivers to speak of.  We'd run the ball more, our defense would improve...

I would legitimately have faith in a Super Bowl win year one with him. John too.

Can we have John Harbaugh running the show and Jim Harbaugh at OC? Lol. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think most of us would like Harbaugh. But he's not leaving Michigan.

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

The same can easily be said for coaches that have failed and found success later down the road ...

You want to put a 31-year-old Josh McDaniels up against some of these older coaches who failed their first time as a Head coach you're welcome to. I refuse to do so though, in that situation, you're the youngest Head coach in the NFL EVER (Pretty sure that's true) and with that comes a lot of arrogance. 

Judge the guy all you want, I don't really care. I have other things to do then to judge a man for his failures and arrogance 10 years ago. I will also trust the process of Gute / Murphy over people on an internet forum who only understand parts of stories i.e. what the media gives them access to. 

If Gute and Murphy are on board with Josh McDaniels then I 100% and full-heartedly accept that move. It's not Josh McDaniels scheme that failed him as a head coach, it was his attitude and demeanor. That's something that can and most likely has changed with more time under his belt and 1 failed opportunity. I would at least be willing to assume that due diligence was done by our Front Office before hire. You're welcome to not believe that and hold that mans past against him though.

No, it was his coaching scheme that failed too. He went 5-17 after the 6-0 start.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Got to make it even more likely he's going to stay, right?

You'd think. Once the Meyer recruits dry up in next 2 years or so, it could be an opportunity for a power shift. I think Day will probably be a good coach for OSU but he doesn't have the recruiting pull of Meyer, not by a long shot. 

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jim is still far and away my #1.

Don't even know who #2 right now, honestly.

Hell, If John doesn't want a HC gig, bring him in as DC. And have him bring Greg Roman w/ him as OC.

Archived