16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Think I would prefer the personality of John Harbaugh running the show over his brother and them bringing the likes of Jim Harbaugh in as OC more. That screams more success to me then Jim running the show. 

That's a very interesting thought, John HC and Jim OC.  Wonder if the thought of coaching together would interest them?  I like it, it's different.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Interesting to see both of them think trading for a current HC is a possibility.... More so King than Florio of course.

Waste of time.  McDaniels who I despise was King's #1 choice.  Should have stopped right there.  Just a bunch of banter those guys are clueless.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What eould you trade to NE for Belicheck?

NO 1st?

GB 1st?

Neither.  He'll be 67 years old which is older than Parcells was when they stopped coaching.  He'd have to work into his 70's for the deal to be worth it and I'm not convinced he's going to do that.  Not too mention he's a lot more than just a HC.  We'd have to gut our newly minted front office staff to make room for him.  Saying that though, I'm not sure that would be a bad thing given that our front office looked less than mediocre with their terrible 2018 offseason.  

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Neither.  He'll be 67 years old which is older than Parcells was when they stopped coaching.  He'd have to work into his 70's for the deal to be worth it and I'm not convinced he's going to do that.  Not too mention he's a lot more than just a HC.  We'd have to gut our newly minted front office staff to make room for him.  Saying that though, I'm not sure that would be a bad thing given that our front office looked less than mediocre with their terrible 2018 offseason.  

Terrible 2018 season? wtf? They made the right call on Jordy, netted a 2nd 1st for the 2019 draft and still got their guy in Jaire. Wilkerson would have been a great addition had it not been for injuries, he was actually having a pretty good season and Jimmy Graham isn't nearly as bad as what some of you make him out to be. 

2 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Just read this article from Jason La Canfora on CBS Sports:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-search-for-their-next-head-coach-should-start-with-northwesterns-pat-fitzgerald/amp/

He sure makes one heck of a case for Pat Fitzgerald.  Maybe that's the way Murphy goes if he can pry him away from Northwestern.

No doubt, especially given Murphy’s strong ties to Northwestern.  Wouldn’t be shocked.

Someone sell me on Pat Fitzgerald. I know NW was a bit of a dumpster-fire football-wise before he got there. I know he was a LB. I assume he's a smart guy.

Why will he get Rodgers and our team in line? Anyone know much about him?

I would say he's probably on my short list of guys I'd like right now: Jim Harbaugh, Pat Fitzgerald, Matt Campbell, Josh McDaniels

Those are the only names that currently intrigue me.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Someone sell me on Pat Fitzgerald. I know NW was a bit of a dumpster-fire football-wise before he got there. I know he was a LB. I assume he's a smart guy.

Why will he get Rodgers and our team in line? Anyone know much about him?

I would say he's probably on my short list of guys I'd like right now: Jim Harbaugh, Pat Fitzgerald, Matt Campbell, Josh McDaniels

Those are the only names that currently intrigue me.

I think the connected with Murphy being the past AD at NW is the only real connection.  I am not really sure he is a top level coach in the Big 10.   Meyer, Harbauch, Dantonio (MSU), Franklin, would be ahead of him, then you have Chryst, Brohm, Frost.

Archived