16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

So who’s your guy?  Ya know, so we can bookmark it if he’s hired and GB is “blowing it up within 2 years”.

I wasn't aware the meaning of "Don't hire this cancer" changed to "I know exactly who will lead the Packers a Super Bowl". However, I would love a shot at Lincoln Riley if he ever came available.

McDaniels wouldn’t be the worst hire. I mean, he’s a young innovative offensive mind. Aaron will have guys getting open a lot more often.

His pick of Matt Eberflus as DC was a home fun. It turned out to be a home fun for Frank Reich and the Colts.

The question I have is can he be a leader of men, have a cohesive squad, and avoid the controversies he’s had in the past.

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I wasn't aware the meaning of "Don't hire this cancer" changed to "I know exactly who will lead the Packers a Super Bowl". However, I would love a shot at Lincoln Riley if he ever came available.

If you’re so damn adamant against one guy, then it’s fair to ask who you do like.  And Lincoln Riley isn’t coming to GB, but you’re welcome to dream it if it pleases you.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

The thread title hasn’t changed, but if you’re so damn adamant against one guy, then it’s fair to ask who you do like.  And Lincoln Riley isn’t coming to GB, but you’re welcome to dream it if it pleases you.

I am so damn adamant against one guy. Josh McDaniels is a horrible leader and would be a garbage coach for the Packers. You wanted my guy and I gave it to you. Now you can bookmark me.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I am so damn adamant against one guy. Josh McDaniels is a horrible leader and would be a garbage coach for the Packers. You wanted my guy and I gave it to you. Now you can bookmark me.

And I told you he’s not coming to GB, but you’re welcome to bookmark it if he miraculously does.  Meanwhile, I’ll laugh at your rants against McDaniels when and if he’s hired to GB.  And if by chance he is hired, and does find success here, I hope you’ll be rooting for the Cowboys, which is where I expect Riley to end up.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

And I told you he’s not coming to GB, but you’re welcome to bookmark it if he miraculously does.  Meanwhile, I’ll laugh at your rants against McDaniels when and if he’s hired to GB.  And if by chance he is hired, and does find success here, I hope you’ll be rooting for the Cowboys, which is where I expect Riley to end up.

I'm a Packer fan. I'm not going to root against them if they make a mistake hiring McDaniels. I'll just hate the move. I'd love it if he succeeded here but I don't in any way see that happening. You may continue to delude yourself though.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I'm a Packer fan. I'm not going too root against them if they make a mistake hiring McDaniels. I'd love it if he succeeded here but I don't in any way see that happening. You may continue to delude yourself though.

Just because I called you out on your rant against McDaniels, doesn’t mean he’s at the top of my list.  And since I never said that McDaniels was at the top of my list, it’s clear you’re the one who’s deluded here.  

The old guard group isn't going to like McDaniels. The old guard group likes guys like Zimmer.

The thing is, you need an edge-seeker, an arbiter in today's NFL I believe. The margins are too thin. There's too much money. Being straight 100% of the time will yield a little success - but you need a bit of conniving to reach the next level. Someone who will play within the rules, but have a liberal interpretation of the spirit of them. Someone creative, with integrity, but integrity to their understanding.

Or you could have an old guard culture fit like Zimmer or Patrick Fitzgerald or McCarthy.

If McDaniels is hired, I believe we can think Gute is calling the shots. 

Well if McDaniels really is the guy, this Brady quote will be put to the test

In a recent piece from ESPN writer Ian O’Connor, Brady was quoted as having explained how he thinks Rodgers would do in New England’s system.

“He’d throw for 7,000 yards every year,” Brady reportedly said. “He’s so much more talented than me.”

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Well if McDaniels really is the guy, this Brady quote will be put to the test

Was this before the game this year? I'd I recall correctly both Rodgers and Brady were flinging compliments at each other. I dont read too much into this just showing respect to your opponent. 

Archived