Tank or Try and Win Out (4-7-1 Edition)

AlexGreen#20

Which One?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Try and win the rest of the games/Try and lose the rest of the games

27 minutes ago, snackattack said:

unfortunately, i think i need to route for the vikings tonight.  i just feel like seattle has the tougher schedule / most likely to lose 2 other games this year.

SF, KC, and AZ is tougher than MIA, DET, CHI?

Couldn't disagree more.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You think Arizona or San Fran are more likely to beat Seattle than Miami or Detroit vs Minnesota?

if the game was @MIA then i would probably feel different.  i just think division games are tougher than the records of those teams indicate on paper. SEA has two of those while MIN only has one.  division rivals that want to ruin your playoff party.

7 minutes ago, snackattack said:

if the game was @MIA then i would probably feel different.  i just think division games are tougher than the records of those teams indicate on paper. SEA has two of those while MIN only has one.  division rivals that want to ruin your playoff party.

Except MIN has two division games left as well? Two teams that are both better than SF and AZ. 

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You think Arizona or San Fran are more likely to beat Seattle than Miami or Detroit vs Minnesota?

You still lean Minnesota for sure, but neither is a great draw. Miami sucks on the road (1-5) and Detroit is beat up and doesn't have much of an offense left. 

I could see San Fran giving Seattle all they want at SF. They're still playing tough ball as shown yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Except MIN has two division games left as well? Two teams that are both better than SF and AZ. 

right, and i have already have MIN losing one of them.  the other division games remaining for MIN and SEA are all against inferior teams, so i'm going with the team that has more of those games since i think they're harder than out of conference teams coming to your house (generally speaking).

The "tank or try" gets to survive another week. Fitting, it could end or take off after this week against the Bears. If we win, probably a decent chance we actually win out, a real good chance we get at least 1 more loss from Wash/Car/Phi and a much smaller, but not hopeless chance that Minn loses two more (if they lose to SEA). At the very least, Weeks 16 and 17 could present some excitement. 

On the flip side, if the Bears end us on Sunday, the season is officially over and we can hope for losses against the Jets and Lions and probably still salvage a top 10 pick at 5-10-1. 

4 hours ago, snackattack said:

right, and i have already have MIN losing one of them.  the other division games remaining for MIN and SEA are all against inferior teams, so i'm going with the team that has more of those games since i think they're harder than out of conference teams coming to your house (generally speaking).

You have MIN already losing 1 divisional game but you want them to win tonight against SEA?

So you think it's more likely that SEA loses 2 out of 3 against ARI/KC/SF than MIN losing 1 out of 2 against MIA & DET? Just trying to understand your logic here because this is a pretty clear choice for who I want to win tonight. 

Archived