Tank or Try and Win Out (4-7-1 Edition)

AlexGreen#20

Which One?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Try and win the rest of the games/Try and lose the rest of the games

let me explain the proper way to tank (hint: it's what we did the last few weeks of last year)

1) Don't start or play all of your best players.

2) Anyone who is slightly injured stays out

3) Give 'young guys' extra burn

4) Run vanilla stuff and don't go crazy on the game plan.

SO basically -play to feature Jamaal Williams.  Guys who are out there, play hard!  Try to win a job!  But probably you will lose because you are inferior talents and these are NFL teams we are facing.

23 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You gotta stop with Tonyan.  Everybody does.  Tonyan is Colt Lyerlia or however you spelled his name and every other tight end that we had wild hopes for.  He's nothing, he won't be anything. 

I don't have any wild hopes for him whatsoever.

However we carried him on the roster all season so they must think he has potential so you might as well give it a go. If it works bingo, if it doesn't we get a better draft pick. I'm under no illusions that players like him Donnerson and co have maybe a 1% chance of turning into something really good.  But 1% chances hit occasionally.

Start Kizer,

You can easily claim Rodgers' knee is bothering him and with the season over, you shut him down.

Spriggs-Taylor-Linsley-Bell-Light on the offensive line.

Bakhtiari, Bulaga, McCray to IR. Everybody's hurting

Adams-MVS-EQ-Moore with Adams only playing about 50% of snaps.

Williams playing 75% of snaps.

Graham to IR with his thumb. 

+++

Clark needs to be playing about 30% of snaps if you're going to be playing him at all, which we shouldn't be.

No change needed at edge rusher (wow that's sad)

Martinez needs to not be playing in the dime and should only be playing in about half the nickel snaps.

Don't really care what we do in the secondary. Can't get any more broken than it already is. 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Don't they need to get the linebacker, Burks, on the field and see what he's got?

I didn't like the pick, but the kid is an athlete with wheels.  I hope he gets reps so he can progress.

I was all over him post-draft, but like you and others said - he just wasn't ready.  He played a lot of different positions in college and there are +/- to that
But he definitely struggled with both the mental and physical components of playing NFL ILB

You know, Shane, I was against him.

But...he got a few consecutive snaps a few weeks ago.

I saw him get absolutely destroyed in the running game.  Like flat footed and decleated.

The next play, I was watching to see if he gave up.  He recognized the play, shot a gap faster than I've seen a GB linebacker shoot a gap in like, forever, and he made a good wrap up tackle.

I came away knowing that the kid is not a quitter and that play recognition was going to be huge for him.  I don't think he has the instincts, so he needs to study film and get live snaps.

I'm all for giving him live snaps now and deal with the inconsistency.

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I was all over him post-draft, but like you and others said - he just wasn't ready.  He played a lot of different positions in college and there are +/- to that
But he definitely struggled with both the mental and physical components of playing NFL ILB

I still like his make up moving forward. You can't teach fast, but you can teach strong. When or if he learns to shed he could take a big leap.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:11 AM, skibrett15 said:

let me explain the proper way to tank (hint: it's what we did the last few weeks of last year)

1) Don't start or play all of your best players.

2) Anyone who is slightly injured stays out

3) Give 'young guys' extra burn

4) Run vanilla stuff and don't go crazy on the game plan.

SO basically -play to feature Jamaal Williams.  Guys who are out there, play hard!  Try to win a job!  But probably you will lose because you are inferior talents and these are NFL teams we are facing.

Wait, are you saying Mac was tanking when he was featuring Jamal earlier this season? :)

17 hours ago, Malfatron said:

go jags!

if they win, we move into the 9th spot

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I'm just being cautious with this and hoping all the teams ahead of us keep winning in case we win a couple with Philbin. 

If we lose out though... We could realistically end up with the third overall pick.  That could be Bosa. 

No.  No.  Can't start thinking like that.  We're still winning the Super Bowl.  32nd overall is fine. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just being cautious with this and hoping all the teams ahead of us keep winning in case we win a couple with Philbin. 

If we lose out though... We could realistically end up with the third overall pick.  That could be Bosa. 

No.  No.  Can't start thinking like that.  We're still winning the Super Bowl.  32nd overall is fine. 

either 32nd overall or 5th overall 

that mock draft on Tankathon website has the Packers passing on Josh Allen and taking Deionte Thompson. thats insane. 

no knock on Thompson but if the Packers pass on Josh Allen, i give up.

then they have us taking Damien Harris with the 30th pick. If that happen i might punch a hole through my TV.

22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Start Kizer,

You can easily claim Rodgers' knee is bothering him and with the season over, you shut him down.

Spriggs-Taylor-Linsley-Bell-Light on the offensive line.

Bakhtiari, Bulaga, McCray to IR. Everybody's hurting

Adams-MVS-EQ-Moore with Adams only playing about 50% of snaps.

Williams playing 75% of snaps.

Graham to IR with his thumb. 

+++

Clark needs to be playing about 30% of snaps if you're going to be playing him at all, which we shouldn't be.

No change needed at edge rusher (wow that's sad)

Martinez needs to not be playing in the dime and should only be playing in about half the nickel snaps.

Don't really care what we do in the secondary. Can't get any more broken than it already is. 

I'm guessing you don't have season tickets. Or contract escalators. Or a future contract to negotiate.

Just not gonna happen

Archived