If Alex Smith cant come back

Vladimir L

Full Tank and complete tear down and rebuild. 

1. Start by firing  Bruce, Jay and all their band of incompetents

giphy.gif

2. Hire Mark Murphy away from Packers as President 

3. Danny go book passage on the next space trip to Mars and when he’s back we will have won several Super Bowls 

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

2. Hire Mark Murphy away from Packers as President 

Unfortunately, no competent football guy is coming to Washington after the franchise screwed over McCloughan.

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

3. Danny go book passage on the next space trip to Mars and when he’s back we will have won several Super Bowls

Well, Virgin Galactic claims their first flights into space will be next year. Maybe we get lucky and Snyder buys a ticket and there is a "Lost in Space" malfunction that shoots the ship out into deep space?

So heard yesterday from Chris Russell that the Redskins, while they should draft a QB in rounds one or two, have stated they intend to look in the later rounds for a developmental QB. They don't see QB as a high priority. 

My reaction:

Image result for say wha gif

He basically said that the Redskins have always felt comfortable having just 2 QB's on the roster to add more depth elsewhere. But that worked out real well didnt it. 

He also said that Bruce is not going to be fired and while he could be stripped of any responsibility, he will likely not be fired but just moved out with the hope that he would retire. 

Gawd. 

I don’t believe for one second the team won’t look at QB high in the draft. The stadium was beyond empty this year and Alex Smith coming back nor Colt McCoy starting is going to put butts in seats. A rookie QB represents hope and that pretty much changes the whole perspective. Snyder knows this as well. 

4 hours ago, mike23md said:

He also said that Bruce is not going to be fired and while he could be stripped of any responsibility, he will likely not be fired but just moved out with the hope that he would retire. 

Gawd. 

Because having a guy hanging around in the front office with no actual powers but the owner's ear worked so well the last time it happened ...

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t believe for one second the team won’t look at QB high in the draft. The stadium was beyond empty this year and Alex Smith coming back nor Colt McCoy starting is going to put butts in seats. A rookie QB represents hope and that pretty much changes the whole perspective. Snyder knows this as well. 

While I agree, it does not change that Bruce is still running this team, he signed Smith to that crazy contract for a 34 year old QB that should have been a 1 year place holder, and traded away a Fuller, who would have been JNo's replacement. 

Bruce, while in charge, is not going to bow down and draft a QB high because it will show that he failed with his selection of Alex Smith after failing with Kirk Cousins. He cannot get out of his own way. 

His failure list is long and distinguished and somehow he still has a job. 

12 hours ago, mike23md said:

So heard yesterday from Chris Russell that the Redskins, while they should draft a QB in rounds one or two, have stated they intend to look in the later rounds for a developmental QB. They don't see QB as a high priority. 

My reaction:

He basically said that the Redskins have always felt comfortable having just 2 QB's on the roster to add more depth elsewhere. But that worked out real well didnt it. 

Gawd. 

So my prediction might be more true than I thought?

On 12/4/2018 at 2:52 PM, Woz said:

Unfortunately, no competent football guy is coming to Washington after the franchise screwed over McCloughan.

Well, Virgin Galactic claims their first flights into space will be next year. Maybe we get lucky and Snyder buys a ticket and there is a "Lost in Space" malfunction that shoots the ship out into deep space?

I thought the same thing about the Orioles.  After how the dog and pony show went for years, and how Duquette and Showalter were at odds all of these years despite winning teams, I had no idea they would poach the Assistant GM of one of the best teams in baseball, with one of the best talent pipelines in baseball.  But the Angelos sons were able to pull it off and hired Mike Elias to come in and fix this team.  

It can happen, and Snyder has to do what the Angelos sons did.  Admit there have been past mistakes, admit that they want a long-term winner and are willing to commit whatever is necessary to doing that and promise a good portion of control to the incoming GM.  He's going to have to be very vulnerable in the interview, and very forthcoming about wanting to change things for the better.  And he needs to show up at the introductory press conference, address the media and fans and introduce the new GM and explain the process.  

There are only 32 of these jobs, and Snyder's one shining point puts this above everything- he's a Redskins fan, and wants the team to win.  He's been woefully misguided and done a lot of reprehensible things, but he is the only one who can fix this mess.  

15 hours ago, mike23md said:

My reaction:

Gawd. 

Every team does that in the NFL, ever since the mid-2000's.  It's dumb, but it is what it is.  Personally, I think that there should be a designated spot for a third-string QB, and a rule saying hes automatically inactive, until an injury occurs.  If the starter is injured and ruled out for the game, this is announced to the stadium (like it is when a player reports as eligible) and the third stringer is now able to enter the game.  

At this point, why would he come back? He has no real emotional ties to the organization, his contract is injury guaranteed, and the Redskins don't have talent surrounding him. Easy choice, take the money and run. This franchise is truly cursed. I'm so sick of this ish year in and year out. I've spend time away from this forum this season mostly because I've been working so many hours but also because its emotionally draining putting some much thought and effort into a team that continues to punch you in the gut. Also, my iPhone keeps logging  me out and I get too lazy to keeping signing back in. 

Archived