benjamin

3rivers

Sometime I think a team can salvage a player that appears to have some ability, but the reality of that is it's just a waste of time in most scenarios.  Between the draft and UFA, why waste another roster spot, unless he can block FG's ;)

23 minutes ago, muncher said:

look at his stats the first 2 years and then look at this year. first 2 he had an ok qb, since then its been garbage

high reward/low risk on a guy like this. not make making a play for him was mistake

He was fat, slow, lazy, couldn't get seperation. These were his problems at FSU and in the NFL. He had a good rookie year but has noticeably regressed every year. This was not a mistake. He's lockerroom cancer and putting him on our team wouldn't have helped him. We don't need more headaches. More power to the Chiefs, maybe he'll work out for Reid, but it would have been a mistake for us to bring him in. 

If the Steelers need anything at WR it’s a field stretcher...not sure if Kames Washington will right himself or what...should get benefit of doubt tho.

If they have serious doubts going into next year, I’m on the phone of John Browns agent talking figures yesterday.

5 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

If the Steelers need anything at WR it’s a field stretcher...not sure if Kames Washington will right himself or what...should get benefit of doubt tho.

If they have serious doubts going into next year, I’m on the phone of John Browns agent talking figures yesterday.

He would be SUCH a weapon in this Offense and open up things for everyone else.

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He was fat, slow, lazy, couldn't get seperation. These were his problems at FSU and in the NFL. He had a good rookie year but has noticeably regressed every year. This was not a mistake. He's lockerroom cancer and putting him on our team wouldn't have helped him. We don't need more headaches. More power to the Chiefs, maybe he'll work out for Reid, but it would have been a mistake for us to bring him in. 

where did you hear about the locker room cancer stuff. i hadnt heard it?

why would have been a mistake?

11 hours ago, muncher said:

where did you hear about the locker room cancer stuff. i hadnt heard it?

why would have been a mistake?

You are looking at a name.  What has he shown since being drafted? 

Pros: he is big. 

Cons:

• He is slow.  His 40 time is comparable to Vance McDonald ( .004 difference)
  • Has bad hands
  • runs poor routes - could have been fixed coming out of college but has not in 3 years.
  • Lazy - see above

So a Athletic TE that does not block and apparently does not care about his craft.  McDonald had better 3 cone short and shuttle than Benjamin.  So what is to gain?

KC lost Watson for the year so they can take a chance.

Archived