Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Well I won't look like a dork if I don't do it.  Also, I'll save like 15 dollars by not buying a Marvel shirt. 

Don't be insecure. No one will care if you're wearing a Marvel shirt to watch a Marvel film. That's a strange thing to say. :)

If you don't have one, and want to save $15...well I would lend you one of mine if I could.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Don't be insecure. No one will care if you're wearing a Marvel shirt to watch a Marvel film. That's a strange thing to say. :)

If you don't have one, and want to save $15...well I would lend you one of mine if I could.

It's like going to a band's concert wearing that band's t-shirt.  It's like... You're there.  Your fandom is already established. 

I don't think anyone is a dork or anything for doing it, that was just a joke, but talk like this always reminds me of this one time in Phoenix I went to see the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie and there was this 20-something girl there literally dressed up like a pirate from the boots all the way up to knickknacks in her hair.  She got there, she was all excited, giddy and everything, she waited in line for tickets and when she got there all showings for the next 4 hours were sold out.  I was behind her, so I was like, "Eh, I'll do something else," but there she was dressed like a pirate. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's like going to a band's concert wearing that band's t-shirt.  It's like... You're there.  Your fandom is already established. 

I don't think anyone is a dork or anything for doing it, that was just a joke, but talk like this always reminds me of this one time in Phoenix I went to see the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie and there was this 20-something girl there literally dressed up like a pirate from the boots all the way up to knickknacks in her hair.  She got there, she was all excited, giddy and everything, she waited in line for tickets and when she got there all showings for the next 4 hours were sold out.  I was behind her, so I was like, "Eh, I'll do something else," but there she was dressed like a pirate. 

Just a way to express oneself via something you are interested in, and not just for a specific time or place.The cool thing about a Marvel shirt or a shirt of a band you like, or a shirt of a sports team you adore is that you can wear it outside of attending a concert, a game, going to see a film, or any other event. Going to McDonald's dressed as a pirate or Captain America would stand out. To each their own of course. You don't have to get a Marvel shirt, and I'll still love you. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't forget to wear your Marvel shirt to the showing. If you don't have one, get one. 

I wear my Marvel shirts as a tradition. I wore my Venom shirt to pick-up Spider-Man PS4, I wore my Deadpool shirt to Deadpool 2 and to pick up the Blu-Ray and I'll certainly be wearing my Avengers shirt to Endgame.

I'll probably go early Sunday.  Hopefully 10 AM.  Hopefully snot-nosed whining kids and idiot morons aren't awake that early.  Hopefully everybody's going to church. 

Legit think I might cry at this movie.  I've never been a massive superhero fan, but what Marvel has done is unprecedented in cinematic history, and the connection with the characters they've made over the past decade is strong.  And some of them are coming to an end in this movie.  That's rough, man. 

Archived